Offers & Communications

zitsky

I never received an email when my cruise was canceled.  Talked to TA.  Could it be because I didn’t have Celebrity selected in this section of my profile?  Or is that strictly for marketing emails?

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It's like a little kid.  Oh you're not going to book with ME?  Well then, I won't send you any emails!

Quite the opposite. A single line of communication avoids countless potential problems. In all my years of booking through a TA, I've never had an issue. You need to pursue the lack of notification with your TA, not blame Celebrity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Quite the opposite. A single line of communication avoids countless potential problems. In all my years of booking through a TA, I've never had an issue. You need to pursue the lack of notification with your TA, not blame Celebrity.

I get your point but how hard is it to send an email? (not hard)  They can easily send me AND my TA an email at the same time.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

It's like a little kid.  Oh you're not going to book with ME?  Well then, I won't send you any emails!

Isn’t that what one engages a TA for.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I get your point but how hard is it to send an email? (not hard)  They can easily send me AND my TA an email at the same time.

It's not the difficulty or lack thereof.  Celebrity is paying the travel agent to act as THEIR agent for all dealings with you the travel agent's customer.  They reasonably expect the travel agent to perform all servicing of your booking since they have paid that commission to the agent. 

The ability to deal directly with the cruise line for every issue is why I forego the various benefits many enjoy by using a travel agent. 

Harris

Denver, CO

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Then why use a TA?  You are paying them to do the work for you.  If they are not communicating with you then you have a bad TA.  Don’t blame Celebrity for your decision.

1 hour ago, omeinv said:

It's not the difficulty or lack thereof.  Celebrity is paying the travel agent to act as THEIR agent for all dealings with you the travel agent's customer.  They reasonably expect the travel agent to perform all servicing of your booking since they have paid that commission to the agent. 

The ability to deal directly with the cruise line for every issue is why I forego the various benefits many enjoy by using a travel agent. 

Harris

Denver, CO

What issues? We've booked 47 cruises, all through an online T.A. and probably have had to contact them a handful of times and the incidences were handled immediately, to our satisfaction. I would guess the total extra perks such as refundable obc. specialty restaurants, spa treatment, and lower pricing because of group spacing, would easily be in the $15,000 to $20,000 range.

We have had 13 cancelled cruises since the start of the pandemic.  For all of the. we have been notified by our TA within 24-36 hrs of the announcement.  On 2 of the cancelled cruises we were also notified by X.  
Of course we read it on CC first, normally by folks in the UK who are about 7-8 hours ahead of us and hear it first.