C&A Updated Awards Link

Oxo

On 7/11/2021 at 5:24 PM, smplybcause said:

This is why I wonder if the new "happy hour" will stay. Presumably royal has the numbers of diamonds and up that got the DBP before the shut down and will have it for after. Once things go to normal if numbers stay low will they claw back the perk? 

If they do away with the vouchers I think there will really be some pushback. We bought the DBP once for a TP cruise and rarely drank 50.00 a day which is what it cost. Never again.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, CSHS1979 said:

Labadee is gone from everyone

That’s just temporary.

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 7/12/2021 at 12:55 PM, jamon said:

Wonder how many of the benefits they say are temporarily suspended will come back in the future? 

I’m thinking not all of them. It’s a good way for them to drop some permanently.

On 7/11/2021 at 4:32 PM, molly361 said:

Editorial comment -  It amazes me the amount of people on social media (not just here on cc) that expect and/or thought that they would get vouchers to use anytime of day AND then still get free HH drinks in the lounge.😇

Just sharing some information about this subject.

I have asked to @MichelBayley in a post he published in FB about @MarkTamis (SVP Operations) letter to Crown and Anchor members regarding these changes... and I got his reply as follows.

Michel Bayley FB answer.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If they do away with the vouchers I think there will really be some pushback. We bought the DBP once for a TP cruise and rarely drank 50.00 a day which is what it cost. Never again.

That’s just temporary.

I don't think do away, but go back to how it was. Only for those few hours in the evening. May or may not go back to the crappy menu. 

I know drinks don't cost a ton for Royal, but if they're missing out on significant revenue due to diamonds and up no longer getting the drink package? And they should have that data readily available. 

My company has cut perks for less of a revenue loss then I suspect this would be and that wasn't when we were billions in the hole.

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

It sure was not very clear. Typical 'RCI blow your own horn!' Previously you could get free drinks in the DL plus the 3 vouchers on your card during HH.

But now you can use the vouchers any time of the day instead of being limited to happy hour and you are not limited to a restricted drink menu.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, Oxo said:

My personnel experience with benefits, regardless of Company, are once something is reduced, it is gone.

Once a price is raised up, it never goes down.

Look at cruising . We have been cruising since 1986. Too many changes in food, quality, entertainment, real music, etc. 

People will accept changes and even justify them.  Examples Drink Vouchers, Central Park perks, etc.

Companies count beans. They are in business to satisfy stock holders and show profits.

So true.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:04 PM, CSHS1979 said:

We started in 1989. There have been plenty of improvements and enhancements. 

I’m sure there were also negatives.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I gave a couple of mine to my sister, for ships she has been on, but did not get a block.  

The most of them, I give to our favorite crew members.  Our excellent head waiter on Vision this last time almost cried when I gave it to him.  Told me he had been wanting one for so long!  Was always envious of his room mate that had one.  😉 

I'll cry for you in exchange for a block.😊

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But now you can use the vouchers any time of the day instead of being limited to happy hour and you are not limited to a restricted drink menu.

Yes, Thank you!

I just spoke to the Loyalty Ambassador on the Freedom.  She will pass out her remaining blocks to passengers who reach a milestone until she runs out of blocks.  She advised that the plan is to replace the blocks with something that weighs a lot less then the blocks.  Apparently, there were a lot of complaints about how heavy the blocks were.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I just spoke to the Loyalty Ambassador on the Freedom.  She will pass out her remaining blocks to passengers who reach a milestone until she runs out of blocks.  She advised that the plan is to replace the blocks with something that weighs a lot less then the blocks.  Apparently, there were a lot of complaints about how heavy the blocks were.

People will find anything to complain about. I guess not enough of us told RCI how much we like them.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  No access.  Said restriction is temporary until capacity levels can safely increrase.

I'm a little confused.  I know that at present time, Pinnacles have no Suite Lounge access.  Are you saying that after capacity levels (eg social distancing being eliminated etc) has increased, they will let Pinnacles back into the Suite Lounge?  

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The Director of Loyalty and SVP operations who hosted the call stated before thousands of agents that the changes were temporary

Thanks -- that's good to hear.  If we don't have any cancellations, we make Pinnacle after our January cruise.  

• Like 2

Just now, SherriZ366 said:

I'm a little confused.  I know that at present time, Pinnacles have no Suite Lounge access.  Are you saying that after capacity levels (eg social distancing being eliminated etc) has increased, they will let Pinnacles back into the Suite Lounge?  

Yes,. that is what I said

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully in 2022 at some point you will be enjoying the lounge.

🤞  Fingers crossed.  We've had so many COVID  cancellations coupled with being unable to get to a cruise during Hurricane Dorian, that I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up. 

• Like 2