C&A Updated Awards Link

Oxo

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have been on ships that had cut the Diamonds out but had not encountered D+ being denied.

Mainly Ice rinks and Aqua Theater. 

Might have been top heavy sailings 

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You always had the option to show up early to get your preferred location if you didn't like the preferred seats so you have neither gained nor lost anything with this change. This is a loss for those of us who were quite happy with the reserved location.

Thanks; I hadn't thought of it that way. I agree it is too bad for those who liked that location and the new way isn't a big advantage.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Mainly Ice rinks and Aqua Theater. 

Might have been top heavy sailings 

Could be. I know that on Adventure, for the theater and ice rink, the sign said Suites and Pins but they also let D+ there too. Maybe they would not on a top heavy sailing.

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have been on ships that had cut the Diamonds out but had not encountered D+ being denied.

I believe we saw that on a ship shortly before the shutdown.  It was a sailing with a high P count.

• Like 1

Just now, Blizzard54 said:

I believe we saw that on a ship shortly before the shutdown.  It was a sailing with a high P count.

The worst is when they abandon the velvet cord at 10 minute mark and it opens to the masses😉

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jeannie333333 said:

One benefit which we are disappointed about the change is the reserved seating.  

We always used to arrive 10/15 mins before the start of a show knowing we could sit in a good seat.  But now we have to arrive 45 minutes ahead of the start of the show - really??  

I remember many years ago as cruising newbies we arrived 30 mins ahead of a show to ensure we had seats we liked - so now we have to arrive even earlier than we used to i.e. 45 mins to select a seat? 

That is a benefit enhancement how exactly?   Does anyone ever go to a show 45 mins before the start?

Have I misunderstood this enhancement?

Or is that just their way of removing a 'perk' which we used to find very valuable?

Disappointing 

Jean

I may be mistaken, but I think this is only a "temporary/COVID" thing that will revert back (especially if people voice their dislike, along the lines of the crystal block situation).

Cramming all the upper tiers into the reserved section doesn't allow for distancing.  Letting the uppers early access to pick their preferred space is a "benefit" during social distancing / capacity limitations because you get to pick your fave spot and be assured entry into the show, where if you show up later all the spots might be taken due to the capacity limits.

Once capacity/distancing is no longer a thing, I would anticipate going back to the old system.  

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 1:03 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

The Director of Loyalty and SVP operations who hosted the call stated before thousands of agents that the changes were temporary

There’s “ temporary “ and then there’s “RCI temporary” ….. lol!!

If you are a D in a suite therefore in the Suite Lounge are your drinks unlimited ( during hours) because of the suite or do they come out of your D allowance? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, little britain said:

If you are a D in a suite therefore in the Suite Lounge are your drinks unlimited ( during hours) because of the suite or do they come out of your D allowance? 

Unlimited from what I have read

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

It would be unlimited.  You are in a suite.  Diamond is secondary

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Just got off of the Freedom yesterday where I had a Royal Up to Grand Suite.  HH drinks do not require a card and are unlimited.

But that's in SL, correct🤔

Did you get expanded drink offerings?

22 hours ago, ktbr11crs said:

We didn't like where the reserved seats were, so we like this much better. 

I have to agree with you. Sometimes the "reserved" seating area at 15 minutes prior was an "eh" section (IMHO), but they also had to post "guards" at each end to keep non-suite and lower Tier C&A members out. 

The pax that tried to get to those seats that did not qualify, would get quite nasty at times when denied those seats.  I felt bad for the guards.   

And 45 minutes in advance?  Isn't that when the doors open..does it mean you actually have to BE there at 45 minutes prior?  

Edited by island lady

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ditto.   Sign to that section was very clearly Suites/D+/Pinns on the last few ships I have been on. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

The worst is when they abandon the velvet cord at 10 minute mark and it opens to the masses😉

Have to agree there also.  

We were happily seated for one show with two empty seats next to me in the reserved area.  Rope dropped and then right at the start of the show.... two "not exactly petite" ladies came in just as the show started with their 3 children (one baby, 2 toddlers).  They sat them on their laps with their food.  Naturally being children at that age, being bored, fussy (and sticky!)...they didn't stay on the laps.  Uggh...had enough... I ended up leaving and "sweetly" told them they could have my seat.  😒

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

But that's in SL, correct🤔

Did you get expanded drink offerings?

Yes, it was a SL.  There was not a drink list.  They would take drink orders and then go out to the Viking Crown bar to get the drinks.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 12:51 AM, brillohead said:

I may be mistaken, but I think this is only a "temporary/COVID" thing that will revert back (especially if people voice their dislike, along the lines of the crystal block situation).

Cramming all the upper tiers into the reserved section doesn't allow for distancing.  Letting the uppers early access to pick their preferred space is a "benefit" during social distancing / capacity limitations because you get to pick your fave spot and be assured entry into the show, where if you show up later all the spots might be taken due to the capacity limits.

Once capacity/distancing is no longer a thing, I would anticipate going back to the old system.  

Hopefully you are right 🙂

On 7/17/2021 at 12:00 PM, little britain said:

Its unlimited 

On 7/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Suite guests go to the suite lounge. Better accommodations regardless of C&A status. 

And on Grandeur, Suite guests did not have access to the D lounge, unless D or higher.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 7:28 PM, Oxo said:

In reality, unless you cruise ONLY RCI, it is almost impossible to make PLAT. JMHO!

Heck, with the current program you could make Pinnacle from scratch in 117 nights solo in a suite. 😄

If you are already D+, that would be less than 88 nights.

23 hours ago, SRF said:

Heck, with the current program you could make Pinnacle from scratch in 117 nights solo in a suite. 😄

If you are already D+, that would be less than 88 nights.

We have 222 nights on RCI. Are we close to Pin?

Stay Safe! 

8 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

We have 222 nights on RCI. Are we close to Pin?

Stay Safe! 

🤣🤣🤣

Barely D+

It depends on how you cruise.

I made D with 5 cruises.  And will make D+ with 7.  But all were solo or suite, so 2 points per night. 

8 night suite - 16 points

9 night suite - 18 points

9 night suite - 18 points

12 night suite - 24 points

8 night solo OV - 16 points

Equals Diamond (92 points)

Upcoming 10 night suite with double points - 40 points

Upcoming 12 night suite with double points - 48 points 

Equals D+ (176 points)

• Haha 1