Dress code

jjsnonna

1 hour ago, mom says said:

I don't think that's what it suggests at all. I interpret it as examples or suggestions, not limits. If a kilt was not allowed, it would join the shorts, bathing suits,and flip flops list.  I've seen many men in kilts; usually on elegant chic night. I love a man in full Scottish formal wear. 

So since I brought it up let me explain.

First off I truly didn't realize DKJretired was joking when they made the comment about the Designer jeans. Once they explained themselves I understood the basis of comment. Which is why I then said what I said and supplied a comment in a similar fashion (pun intended) and also added the emjojis to signify the lightheartedness of my comment.  

The basis of both of our jokes is the same;playing on gender fashion stereotypes. But instead of looking it from that point of view, even after I had indicated my comment was not a serious one but a joke just the same as the one they posted, DKJretired seem to take my comment as a serious one, when all indications was that it was not.   

I have no issues with men wearing kilts, furthermore I have no issues with men wearing skirts that are not expressly kilts. Again, I was making light of this whole subject of Cruiseship dress codes. What I don't understand is DKJretired seemed to do the very same thing they accused me of doing with regard to their post. That's the part I don't really understand. Additionally, this is really, really much to do about nothing, so this is my last post on this subject.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bretty said:

It should be noted that, aside from no bare feet in dining rooms and no flip-flops in the evening, other choices of footwear are not mentioned in the published dress code.

Whilst I will have some smart loafers I will also probably have these “smart sneakers” with me. And a towel to sit on of course 😉😉

9B31FCAD-9C2E-4F8E-A207-14E849FF593B.jpeg

Are these available in 3x width???

bon voyage

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, kwokpot said:

First off I truly didn't realize DKJretired was joking when they made the comment about the Designer jeans. Once they explained themselves I understood the basis of comment. Which is why I then said what I said and supplied a comment in a similar fashion (pun intended) and also added the emjojis to signify the lightheartedness of my comment.  

The basis of both of our jokes is the same;playing on gender fashion stereotypes. But instead of looking it from that point of view, even after I had indicated my comment was not a serious one but a joke just the same as the one they posted, DKJretired seem to take my comment as a serious one, when all indications was that it was not.   

I have no issues with men wearing kilts, furthermore I have no issues with men wearing skirts that are not expressly kilts. Again, I was making light of this whole subject of Cruiseship dress codes. What I don't understand is DKJretired seemed to do the very same thing they accused me of doing with regard to their post. That's the part I don't really understand. Additionally, this is really, really much to do about nothing, so this is my last post on this subject.

@kwokpot hopefully you and  @DKJretired will understand the context of your posts and have a good laugh.    Unfortunately this situation is common on Dress Code threads. The content is taken much too seriously IMO by some.   In the entire history of Dress Code threads on CC they usually end badly.  Yes they are definitely much to do about nothing. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

@kwokpot hopefully you and  @DKJretired will understand the context of your posts and have a good laugh.    Unfortunately this situation is common on Dress Code threads. The content is taken much too seriously IMO by some.   In the entire history of Dress Code threads on CC they usually end badly.  Yes they are definitely much to do about nothing. 

There are some of us who find the subject sincerely interesting.  Yes there is some back and forth but I think most people can discuss without any bad feelings.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Mine had nothing to do with gender but price. I could take my Costco jeans and put any Designer label on it and no one would no the difference.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Mine had nothing to do with gender but price. I could take my Costco jeans and put any Designer label on it and no one would no the difference.

Great.  Just great.  So now we have to add to the dress code... "no fake jeans allowed"?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

There are some of us who find the subject sincerely interesting.  Yes there is some back and forth but I think most people can discuss without any bad feelings.

To each their own I guess.  I find Dress Code discussions entertaining but I do not find them sincerely interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

The content is taken much too seriously IMO by some.  

Not much seriousness in our household.  Now my DW is running around the house asking if I want a kilt 🙂  And I don't even know how to play the bagpipes.

Anyways the dress code is really flexible so 99.9% will pass.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Not much seriousness in our household.  Now my DW is running around the house asking if I want a kilt 🙂  And I don't even know how to play the bagpipes.

Anyways the dress code is really flexible so 99.9% will pass.

Years ago when there were strict dress codes, on formal nights you would usually see several men in kilts, rare nowadays. You also used to see several members of the military on formal nights.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Dress code?  This entire thread is inane.  I have worn everything from black jeans and a polo shirt to a t-shirt and shorts to go with my leg cast.

Common sense  evidently is not only not common, but getting rarer every day.

21 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Dress code?  This entire thread is inane.  I have worn everything from black jeans and a polo shirt to a t-shirt and shorts to go with my leg cast.

Common sense  evidently is not only not common, but getting rarer every day.

Maybe it's inane but you felt the need to post here anyway just to tell us that.

1 hour ago, Bretty said:

Hey everyone, has anyone noticed that the OP checked out like, over 100 posts ago? 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they wanted to stir up trouble.  Maybe they got their answer.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Oh...  Back to the OP's question.

I have never had anyone on a cruise try to convince me to wear a tux.

I would drop Facebook.

Have you ever worn a tux?  Your wife told me you'd look good in one.  I can get you one for a good price.  Did I mention you'd look good in one?  impress the ladies.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Seriously?  I'm from Tucson and everybody walks around looking like they just came in from pulling weeds or, better yet, in from the hardware store.  Would it hurt to dress up on occasion?  Having an opportunity to wear some sparkles is just one aspect of making cruising fun.... One night out of seven shouldn't be too much of an effort, or is it?  I still bring sparkles for every dinner so I'm use to seeing people who don't want to look like they're part of the fun.....   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PValleyIA said:

Would it hurt to dress up on occasion?  Having an opportunity to wear some sparkles is just one aspect of making cruising fun.... 

I dun wanna.  It's the opposite of fun for me.  I don't wanna go on cruises with formal nights. It's pretty straight forward, and the market is nicely segmenting so there are cruise lines that fit my wants.