Covid Positive aboard Viking Sky 7/14/22

Clay Clayton

On 7/20/2021 at 7:05 AM, Jammy Bun said:

He and several other YouTubers and agents were aboard (at Viking's expense) according to the disclosure in his previous video.  So maybe more footage will appear soon on Youtube!

The three other YouTube channels to keep an eye on in the coming weeks for video from Viking Sky are:

Popular Cruising

EatSleepCruise

Cruise Fever

I had a fun time talking to them!  By the way, I will have three or four more videos from that cruise.  I'll most likely be posting one new one to my channel each Monday for the next few weeks.

There were also journalists aboard from several print publications, including Porthole magazine.  Cruise Critic also had a writer aboard.

- Jim Zim

Edited by Spaniel Lover
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:44 AM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I don't know of any cruise line that reimburses for a single missed port, at least not for weather/sea conditions.  Usually you just sail on slowly and enjoy what's onboard more than usual!  

We missed Heimeny due to rough seas. This happens all the time.

Got test at 28 Jul 3:20, results next day 29 Jul 7:15 PM.

Down loaded, saved pdf file and printed hard copy.

Still can not log into IA flight 630 leaving BOS at 8:50 PM? Nice person in Philippians no help.

On 7/28/2021 at 4:53 PM, alohadave said:

Our PCR test went fast. CVS drive through with 2 appointments did both at same time. Now waiting results! Leave 30 July...   Bar codes in hand.

Was this a Rapid PCR Test?

Thanks

We just got back from the July 20 sailing of Jupiter. It was great!  There was a positive COVID test early on and that person was taken off the ship to quarantine at a hotel. Several folks who were contact traced to that case has to stay in their room for a few hours but were then cleared. There was a later positive test and that person quarantined on the ship (Deck 3 I think) until we got back to Reykjavík.  None of this affected us at all.  We missed our last stop at Heimaey because of very rough seas but otherwise the weather was gorgeous the whole time. And FYI, everyone wore masks all the time, even on the buses. We had an amazing time!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Liz55 said:

We just got back from the July 20 sailing of Jupiter. It was great!  There was a positive COVID test early on and that person was taken off the ship to quarantine at a hotel. Several folks who were contact traced to that case has to stay in their room for a few hours but were then cleared. There was a later positive test and that person quarantined on the ship (Deck 3 I think) until we got back to Reykjavík.  None of this affected us at all.  We missed our last stop at Heimaey because of very rough seas but otherwise the weather was gorgeous the whole time. And FYI, everyone wore masks all the time, even on the buses. We had an amazing time!

Wow, didn't know.  Glad Iceland and Viking had their protocols in sync.  That means half of the Iceland cruises had Covid positive and half did not so far.  No cases on July 17 Sky but we missed Heimaey too.

On 7/14/2021 at 5:17 AM, Clay Clayton said:

Interestingly we haven’t departed Seydisfjördur yet (it’s now 3:10pm). Not sure why but wondering if some folks had independent excursions and were already off the ship when the decision was made to keep us all aboard. So Mike is now having trying the warm Pap’s Brandy and I’m having a cappuccino.

No other news to report. 

0784BA38-FFAF-4FC9-93B1-4FB81A69BC30.jpeg

Not sure, is it good practice to put worn masks on a table ?   For instance, what it one of the 3 mask wearers just happened to be Covid Positive and was unaware ?

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian Eye said:

Not sure, is it good practice to put worn masks on a table ?   For instance, what it one of the 3 mask wearers just happened to be Covid Positive and was unaware ?

Unaware a vaccinated person put their mask on a table? If this is what you worry about, stay home. Don't cruise. Don't go anywhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saratogian127 said:

Unaware a vaccinated person put their mask on a table? If this is what you worry about, stay home. Don't cruise. Don't go anywhere. 

Sorry, I didn't notice the Vaccination sign on the table.  If I saw a mask on a table I would consider it dirty and stay away from that table until it had been bussed.  Some people just don't take infection precautions seriously.  I don't think Viking would approve of the practice of putting worn masks  on tables as good practice either.  There's a Pandemic going on.  I take it seriously.

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Eye said:

Sorry, I didn't notice the Vaccination sign on the table.  If I saw a mask on a table I would consider it dirty and stay away from that table until it had been bussed.  Some people just don't take infection precautions seriously.  I don't think Viking would approve of the practice of putting worn masks  on tables as good practice either.  There's a Pandemic going on.  I take it seriously.

You didn't notice it's on a table on a Viking ship which every passenger needs to be vaccinated and gets tested every day?

How much more serious could someone be taking it? Again, stay home.

9 minutes ago, saratogian127 said:

You didn't notice it's on a table on a Viking ship which every passenger needs to be vaccinated and gets tested every day?

How much more serious could someone be taking it? Again, stay home.

Putting a soiled mask on a table is akin to putting your feet up on a table.  You don't know what's on those masks, maybe Covid, maybe one of a hundred other infectious viruses or diseases.  It simple.  It's bad hygiene any way you look at it.  Put the dirty thing in your pocket, just like you would a dirty handkerchief.  I would hope other cruisers are careful about not spreading disease.  More than my 2 cents.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Eye said:

Putting a soiled mask on a table is akin to putting your feet up on a table.  You don't know what's on those masks, maybe Covid, maybe one of a hundred other infectious viruses or diseases.  It simple.  It's bad hygiene any way you look at it.  Put the dirty thing in your pocket, just like you would a dirty handkerchief.  I would hope other cruisers are careful about not spreading disease.  More than my 2 cents.

You do nothing but prove you should follow my advice: Stay home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Eye said:

Well, there were only two masks there. Mine and my husband’s and I suspect a mask sitting on the table would be the least likely way we would spread Covid from one to the other. 💋💋💋

And Viking does more than just bus the table between guests. I saw them wiping them down. Sorry if our masks offend you but it was the way I could remember to put it back on when I finished drinking/eating.  Otherwise I would forget it was in my pocket. 

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Eye said:

IMHO, three things not to put on the table:

• your feet
  • your hat
  • your mask
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BQEC said:

I have been putting my masks in a zip lock bag. Men have shirt and trouser pockets; women usually carry a purse. 

I have a lanyard around my neck with my mask on it.  I believe it also has rubber ends you can put your readers through if you want.  It's the only way I can keep up with my mask.

I had my first post-covid indoor meal a few months back at the Columbia in Tampa.  I put my mask back on my face to exit the restaurant and immediately inhaled the crusty crumbs from their delicious bread.  So, fair warning - while it's the easiest way (for me) to keep track of a mask, it's a good idea to give it a shake before putting it back on your face.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2