Torshaven Bar Menu July 15, 2021

Clay Clayton

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

Wow - I'd heard that some of the Armagnacs were pricey, but I had no idea!  I also didn't realize that Mamsen's had a bar in addition to the Explorer's bar.

Pap’s is the bar, Mamsen’s the deli-both located in the Explorer’s Lounge

• Like 1

Certainly  "the good stuff" some amazing Armagnacs probably  the best out-with the region 🙂

You can certainly "burn" a few bucks but oooh it so worth it 🙄

Considering my heritage I enjoy a single malt, but Armagnacs are certainly a "guilty pleasure"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Torshavn is Norwegian for "The Good Stuff".🍸

Havn is port, so that translates to Tors' port in Norwegian but Thorns' port in Danish.

Torshavn is the capital of Faroe Islands.

The Good Stuff = de gode tingene.

Edited by bluesea777

21 minutes ago, CruiserDoc said:

Would the Silver Spirits beverage package include any of the cocktails on this menu?

The SS maxes out at a dollar figure per drink. $15 I think but some of the more posh drinkers on here will correct me if that’s incorrect. 

18 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

I’ve never tried Armagnac but I was thinking it might be a fun splurge to order one from my birth year. However, it seems odd that they don’t list the brand. Are they all Sempe like the house Armagnac?

We actually went to an Armagnac tasting on one of our cruises pre-Covid.  It was (I think) about $70 per person but we received a nice discount because we had the SSBP.  Armagnac is not really my cup or tea but it was fun trying several and hearing the stories of the “collection”, and the prices!

Just now, molymoo said:

We actually went to an Armagnac tasting on one of our cruises pre-Covid.  It was (I think) about $70 per person but we received a nice discount because we had the SSBP.  Armagnac is not really my cup or tea but it was fun trying several and hearing the stories of the “collection”, and the prices!

WE asked the waiter to get us an armagnac that as included on the SSBP.  He found a 10 yr old one he said was nice.  I had to take his word at it because I discovered I do NOT like armagnac🤨

• Like 1

I notice that Viking no longer carries Christiana vodka in this bar.  The Norwegian Cosmo had Christiana and now has "Viking Vodka".  When I first tried it with Christiana it was "heavenly".  

6 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Not sure if it made a difference but on a world cruise SSBP is included and every time we visited Torshavn we ordered the "good stuff" and were never charged.

Haha!!! typical "Sailor"😁🍺🥂🍸🍸🍹

• Haha 1