Specialty Dinner Venue Package Discount of Three Visits For 60.00 or 38.00

SNJCruisers

Just now, firefly333 said:

I've  never had it, I'm not used to eating a big meal at one sitting.,

I thought that seafood tower was in all steakhouses made for 2 to eat?  

It is for 2. Not in the Steakhouse, just listed as a "Steakhouse Selection" on the MDR menus. Have a great cruise. We're in Orlando for a week 8/3 and wondering about this Delta surge.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I took you off ignore as I can see you answered.

What is the way to book all your dining nights when i board...where do i go and talk to.

Just a simple answer please, no insults. 

Hub app? Go around to each venue? 

There is no central reservation system. The best way to book the days and times you want is to book each restaurant online, in advance, and forget the promotion. Other than that, wait until you are on the ship and take your chances. You can try the app and/or call/visit each restaurant.

The promotion is a way to entice people who weren't planning on booking specialty restaurants into trying them. You have already made up your mind.

49 minutes ago, mondello said:

It is for 2. Not in the Steakhouse, just listed as a "Steakhouse Selection" on the MDR menus. Have a great cruise. We're in Orlando for a week 8/3 and wondering about this Delta surge.

Carnival should just change the name from Steakhouse Selection to something else with perhaps subcategories underneath.

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival should just change the name from Steakhouse Selection to something else with perhaps subcategories underneath.

Indeed - it threw me off course after seeing the menus!

Tom

35 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

There is no central reservation system. The best way to book the days and times you want is to book each restaurant online, in advance, and forget the promotion. Other than that, wait until you are on the ship and take your chances. You can try the app and/or call/visit each restaurant.

The promotion is a way to entice people who weren't planning on booking specialty restaurants into trying them. You have already made up your mind.

I get it that it's better to book ahead. And will for all future cruises.

This one unique cruise on vista is a rebook with $700 obc to spend. So I plan on treating myself to anything I can book onboard. 

After this one unitime when I'm trying to use obc .. then of course I'll book ahead of time.

Thanks for your reply. Of course I know I'm taking my chances once onboard, but I'll book whatever I can find I can book when I board if I can find someone who will book me, and try the app.

Doesnt matter if its $100 or $200 or a savings of $8 if I'm trying to use obc to treat myself. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk there was a big thing about this and john first said it's ok to pre book and then cancel. I guess it caused so many to do this he changed his mind. Too much refunding, lines at customer service. If you want to pre book then keep it, if you want to use obc, wait until you board. Trying to stand in line at customer services to cancel imo is asking for complications... and people were just doing it to get what they want and now you want a deal available only onboard to give you  credit for booking it beforehand. 

I'd book what you want and  to cancel and get refunds and rebooking. Unless you want to fight with your credit card company over charges.

No wonder they are dealing with overbookimg.,

Okay,  thanks for the information.  We will just keep our reservations the way they are, $8 certainly isn't worth the hassle!!

2 minutes ago, kaybeebee said:

Okay,  thanks for the information.  We will just keep our reservations the way they are, $8 certainly isn't worth the hassle!!

My sentiments exactly!    👍 Wife & I discussed and wound up saying....nahhhhhh. Not worth it. Besides, we have more OBC than we could possibly use. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks for your reply. Of course I know I'm taking my chances once onboard, but I'll book whatever I can find I can book when I board if I can find someone who will book me, and try the app.

Doesnt matter if its $100 or $200 or a savings of $8 if I'm trying to use obc to treat myself. 

I would walk or run to my first choice of restaurants, tell them I want the package, make the first restaurant reservation there, and see if they could call choice 2 and 3 for me. Worry about adding someone later.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd gladly pay the extra $8 in order to have guaranteed dates/times and not have to jump through hoops. (Edit: disclaimer, I did just notice that it's an Excel suite perk already)

Now, if it was $10, well - that's another matter...  😉

Tom

What is the Excel suite perk?

It was super easy to buy and book onboard the Horizon. On my morning walk, I stopped at the sushi place and bought it. Then short walk to the Steakhouse and made my reservation.  Later, stopped in Jiji’s then took a few steps to book Italian restaurant.  There was plenty of availability early in the cruise, and tightened up for the last sea day.  If you have a lot of OBC, it’s a great way to use some of it.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kaybeebee said:

So, if we have already prepaid for our specialty dining, we would not be able to get a credit for the packages ? There weren't any dining packages listed in our planner.

You can cancel what you gave already prepaid and you will be credited back to your original form of payment, whether it's a credit card or a Carnival gift card.  Then, once on board you can book either of the two packages or both of them if you want six nights of specialty dining.   The discounted packages are only available on board to spur bookings to fill in additional slots that were not purchased ahead of time.

14 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Wish they would make this available for pre purchase.  I dont want to wait till im onboard to make reservations as they might not be available.

They will be.  The people that have 600 in OBC to burn from cancelled cruises can't use it till they get on board.

10 hours ago, cruises42 said:

What is the Excel suite perk?

More HERE, but here's the gist of it:

Exclusive New Suite-Level Amenities

All suites onboard Mardi Gras will include an amenities package that includes priority boarding and debarkation, priority main dining room seating, plush bathrobes and bottled water upon arrival.

Guests in the 32 Carnival Excel suites will enjoy standard suite amenities plus the following:

• Unlimited access to Loft 19
  • Dedicated concierge phone line
  • Guaranteed specialty dining times (with the exception of Bonsai Teppanyaki and the Chef’s Table)
  • Complimentary Bottomless Bubbles soda package, room service and laundry
  • Sparkling wine and fresh fruit basket upon arrival
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

All suites onboard Mardi Gras will include an amenities package that includes priority boarding and debarkation, priority main dining room seating, plush bathrobes and bottled water upon arrival.

Guests in the 32 Carnival Excel suites will enjoy standard suite amenities plus the following:

• Guaranteed specialty dining times (with the exception of Bonsai Teppanyaki and the Chef’s Table)

Nice on the guaranteed specialty dining times and regular. They should get priority asking for that window seat. Make it worth getting a suite. 

I do think there should be a centralized reservation system. Blerk says dont like it go to rcl. No, that's a bad solution. There are issues reported onboard of overbooking the steak house. They need to get this fixed. Having all the reservations in a central place just might be a good idea. But for suite guests they will have a concierge taking care of their bookings. 

Enjoy loft 19. 

Edited by firefly333

13 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks, looking forward to the amenities! Have a great cruise!

A centralized reservation system would do nothing to alleviate alleged overbooking. Personally, I have never encountered overbooking in the steakhouse including on our visit a couple of weeks ago.

I like the Carnival system of allowing cruisers to book preferred days and times in advance of a cruise. One less detail to have to deal with once on the ship. 

Looks like I can get $45 for Sushi and Seafood venues for $38.   My question for anyone who has already used this: 

•  is it by name or could we buy one package and use it for 3 people (each ordering their own sushi)?
  • can we get $15 of seafood for 2 people (like 2 crab cake sliders)?   

If we don't each have to get the package then it wouldn't be too much effort to save the whopping $7.

29 minutes ago, CruisingAgain said:

Looks like I can get $45 for Sushi and Seafood venues for $38.   My question for anyone who has already used this: 

•  is it by name or could we buy one package and use it for 3 people (each ordering their own sushi)?
  • can we get $15 of seafood for 2 people (like 2 crab cake sliders)?   

If we don't each have to get the package then it wouldn't be too much effort to save the whopping $7.

I'm not sure which ship you are on but on vista the seafood shack is in the back without a separate room where you sit and get waited on. One person could just walk up and order. I've now seen mixed reviews but I still want to try the lobster rolls. Im told you get two, so you could share and walk into the buffet for some salad or dessert to fill out the meal. It's clear in the aft at a counter.

The sushi was also at a window. Not a sit down dinner.

Edited by firefly333

I've had Lobster Rolls 4 times in my life. I (somehow!) manage to have a picture of EACH one!

#1 and #2 best (hands down) in Maine. Next best was on NCL Breakaway. Heading up last place, unfortunately, was on Carnival... I think the photos alone would lead one to that conclusion. I hope that Carnival has upped its game in the last 4 years (maybe not just putting some stuff into a slit in a hotdog bun).

2013 - NCL Breakaway:

20130921_131510-X2.jpg

2015 - Fall "leaf peeping" trip up through Maine (two different places):

i-BQ4rPH2-X2.jpg

i-7BzxXNc-X2.jpg

2017 - Carnival Liberty - Seafood Shack:

i-f6ppn6H-X2.jpg

Oh - here's a Seafood Shack question for you guys (since we only did it the one time).

I literally could not find CRACKERS anywhere - which I like to have with raw oysters. The people in the Seafood Shacked looked at me like they had never been asked for crackers before. I went through various areas at the Lido Buffet, and nobody could help me there either. Was it just a bad run of luck - or are crackers usually not part of the offerings at the Seafood Shack?

Tom

26 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Oh - here's a Seafood Shack question for you guys (since we only did it the one time).

I literally could not find CRACKERS anywhere - which I like to have with raw oysters. The people in the Seafood Shacked looked at me like they had never been asked for crackers before. I went through various areas at the Lido Buffet, and nobody could help me there either. Was it just a bad run of luck - or are crackers usually not part of the offerings at the Seafood Shack?

Tom

Order a cheese party platter and eat before they go stale

https://www.carnival.com/in-room-food-beverages/party-trays/cheese-party-tray--small-65H

Edited by BlerkOne