Platinum/Diamond Party

1 hour ago, south-carolinagirl said:

Thanks everyone, I was just asking because of all these COVID changes.  That's a lot of people in one place.  

I did read on the boards here that they were serving only drinks and not appetizers on at least one of the first cruises that have gone.

I think for the next couple we will just skip it... we have Cheers for the first time ever on upcoming ones so didn't need the 'free' drinks lol!

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I am curious.. anyone know if they are doing the more intimate Diamond only get together though?

Yes, they are, although I don't know how intimate when the officers are masked. We had a private brunch with free drinks that was very good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes, they are, although I don't know how intimate when the officers are masked. We had a private brunch with free drinks that was very good.

Thank you BlerkOne.  By intimate, I just meant WAY less guests lol!  The Diamond/Platinum parties have gotten very large.

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Thank you BlerkOne.  By intimate, I just meant WAY less guests lol!  The Diamond/Platinum parties have gotten very large.

we had 129 for the Diamond lunch but still less than PD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Wooo Weee... that's a lot lol!  We just turned Diamond on our last cruise last January (before the crap hit the fan)... We had like 20 people for our Diamond get together.

I would imagine things might be that way for a while though.  If I had to guess the ships sailing now are going to have more long time cruisers on them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chadci said:

Are the afternoon teas on sea days still a thing? We enjoy that more than the Platinum / Diamond party. 

Oooooo thank you for asking that!  I have heard tell of these afternoon teas and have wanted to try one, but for some stupid reason I can never figure out where they are and when.  IF they are still a thing, can someone tell me how you know when and where to meet? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Oooooo thank you for asking that!  I have heard tell of these afternoon teas and have wanted to try one, but for some stupid reason I can never figure out where they are and when.  IF they are still a thing, can someone tell me how you know when and where to meet? 

Generally on sea days around 3pm or 3:30pm. You can ask in the MDR. They used to be listed in the Fun Times which don't really exist. I don't remember seeing them listed under activities, but they may be on the app.

17 hours ago, south-carolinagirl said:

Anyone heard if this will still be offered? TIA

Last sea day, lasting 45 minutes at either 400 or 500, just as you're getting ready for dinner or packing.  Another way for Carnival to save money.  Have had Cheers on my last 4 Carnival cruises since 2013, so no reason for me to go.  Prior to that they lasted an hour, had food and you could order whatever drink you wanted.

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes. I didn't attend one so don't know how they are doing the hors d'oeuvres.

Finger sandwiches served from passed trays and desserts served tableside from a rolling cart were the norm before the pandemic. I hope they will be presented similarly but we'll be at every tea regardless on Panorama come October.

car tea 2.jpg

car tea.jpg

13 hours ago, wemjam said:

can someone tell me how you know when and where to meet? 

Pre-pandemic afternoon tea was listed under " Hungry for More?" in the Fun Times on sea days rather than under activities where it had been listed for years. It's held at 3pm and on most ships it's aft in the main dining room overlooking the stern. 

16 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It's difficult for me to imagine that many Diamond guests on a single cruise, but I suppose it's becoming more and more common. Our first "Diamond" event in 2012, it was just us. Since then it's usually been a small group of people (8, 10, perhaps 12 total). I guess we have not been going on the "popular" sailings. I'd imagine that the 8/7 MG sailing will see more than "the norm".

More and more, we are starting to pass on such things anyway.

Tom

There were 81 on our July 3, Vista, first sailing. Had the Diamond Luncheon and officers greeted and stayed for a few minutes. Pictures made with just each couple, at tables. PD party was huge, in Liquid Lounge. Drinks only; no tables and packed made it uncomfortable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's difficult for me to imagine that many Diamond guests on a single cruise, but I suppose it's becoming more and more common. Our first "Diamond" event in 2012, it was just us. Since then it's usually been a small group of people (8, 10, perhaps 12 total). I guess we have not been going on the "popular" sailings. I'd imagine that the 8/7 MG sailing will see more than "the norm".

More and more, we are starting to pass on such things anyway.

Tom

You don't go on the longer sailings. Sometimes they have to break Diamond events up into two or more.

Every cruise there are new Diamonds.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You don't go on the longer sailings. Sometimes they have to break Diamond events up into two or more.

Every cruise there are new Diamonds.

Makes sense. Still working keeps me from having longer periods of time off at this point. 

Tom