Looking for some Recommendations Please - BEST Drinks!

wemjam

14 hours ago, wemjam said:

OOOO that sounds really good too.  I forgot to mention I used to always drink Kahlua and Cream and about 2 years ago was on a flight and decided to do a Bailey's on ice... OMG, I literally said out loud to my husband - Bailey's! Where have you been all my life?

Bailey's...great in coffee or over ice cream 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

I guess I'm the only weirdo who really doesn't like Alchemy at all, lol... I love frozen, fruity, tropical drinks and am just not big on cocktails. There's just not one thing on their menu that I've ever wanted to try, and several that I wouldn't try even on a dare. 🙃 But that just means one more seat available for you Alchemy fans!

Just to educate you.  Go to the Alchemy one night during happy hour.  You don't have to order a drink from the menu.  That is why this bar is so great.   The mixologists there can go off menu, unlike the bartenders at all of the other bars on board.

Tell them that you like fruity.  Tell them what your top two liquor choices are.  Tell them whether you like it spicy or not.  They will concoct a drink to your specifications using fresh ingredients. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 11:56 PM, mexicobob said:

Cucumber Sunrise in the Alchemy Bar. Also the only place on the ship you can get a decent margarita. 

I second this, my favorite!  Miami Vice used to be my favorite, but the alchemy bar drinks are so much better!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The mixologists there can go off menu, unlike the bartenders at all of the other bars on board.

If you find the right bartender, they will "go off the menu" and make you whatever you want at any of the bars on board. 

Just now, Frank12 said:

If you find the right bartender, they will "go off the menu" and make you whatever you want at any of the bars on board. 

You have to drink enough to know what you like to do this 🙂 . . . I am interested in sampling off the menu a few of the various signature cocktails at all the bars all over the Mardi Gras. Even the Heroes bar has its own military themed drinks.  I do have a question - if I get bottomless bubbles, does it include nonalcoholic drinks like this one? Mostly juices in the Havana bar. 

image.png.2a1732da74a26b9ab4198d00aceed94b.png

51 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

You have to drink enough to know what you like to do this 🙂 . . . I am interested in sampling off the menu a few of the various signature cocktails at all the bars all over the Mardi Gras. Even the Heroes bar has its own military themed drinks.  I do have a question - if I get bottomless bubbles, does it include nonalcoholic drinks like this one? Mostly juices in the Havana bar. 

image.png.2a1732da74a26b9ab4198d00aceed94b.png

I think you may have to ask at the bar.  I know juice is included (I get pineapple with sprite, and cranberry with sprite all the time) - but because this is an actual "drink" I am thinking not.  I know all other "virgin" forms of drinks on the menu are not covered under bottomless bubbles like a daiquiri, etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

You have to drink enough to know what you like to do this 🙂 . . . I am interested in sampling off the menu a few of the various signature cocktails at all the bars all over the Mardi Gras.

Maybe less than you think, although I do like your plan! At the alchemy bar you can tell them you want something fruity and sweet and that you don't like rum. Tell them the fruit flavors you like. If you like it very sweet, or not very sweet. Do you like herbs (basil is popular) or want to try them? Its the perfect place to experiment to expand your knowledge with some professional guidance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wemjam said:

I think you may have to ask at the bar.  I know juice is included (I get pineapple with sprite, and cranberry with sprite all the time) - but because this is an actual "drink" I am thinking not.  I know all other "virgin" forms of drinks on the menu are not covered under bottomless bubbles like a daiquiri, etc.

Oh I like that strategy though of getting mixes of fruit juice and soda.  Of course I guess I can order an order of juice and 5 minutes later the soda and mix them myself too.

11 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Oh I like that strategy though of getting mixes of fruit juice and soda.  Of course I guess I can order an order of juice and 5 minutes later the soda and mix them myself too.

Have had pineapple juice and Sprite Zero.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 5:53 AM, wemjam said:

OOOO that sounds really good too.  I forgot to mention I used to always drink Kahlua and Cream and about 2 years ago was on a flight and decided to do a Bailey's on ice... OMG, I literally said out loud to my husband - Bailey's! Where have you been all my life?

Edited by klfhngr

On 7/27/2021 at 9:39 PM, wemjam said:

Try the Pineapple Chipotle Martini at the Alchemy Bar. It's a tradition for me now. I'm going to have one on my birthday this year!

Sorry, I think I hit "quote" by mistake. Can't get rid of the empty box now!

Edited by cbh1975
Misspelled word