Medallion net

mrsihopes

I preordered medallion net yesterday and did not pay for it yet.   Looked at my booking summary and it has it on there.   States the following.   Says it is pad by Dir BON VOYAGE.   Anyone know what that means.   Was going to call today to pay for it.

Medallionnet 1 Device 2-30 Days 1 $69.93 Dir BON VOYAGE!  
Paid

1 minute ago, mrsihopes said:

I preordered medallion net yesterday and did not pay for it yet.   Looked at my booking summary and it has it on there.   States the following.   Says it is pad by Dir BON VOYAGE.   Anyone know what that means.   Was going to call today to pay for it.

Paid

Did you book your cruise with Princess PLUS fare or Princess SAVER fare?

10 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

Paid

Funny you mention that. I got the same exact thing yesterday when I called Princess directly to add it. I do not have princess plus as my fair either. And I wanted to make sure it was taken care of before I went sailing on the Majestic on sunday. They told me as long as it's on your travel summary don't worry about it it's taken care of. Just bring your travel summary print out with you to the front desk to show him it's on there 

Just so you know I literally spoke to about six people in total yesterday in regards to it because I kept telling I wanted to make sure that it was indeed taken care of and I didn't have to worry about it and they all reinsured me I'd be fine.

Edited by Jeter02

3 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Funny you mention that. I got the same exact thing yesterday when I called Princess directly to add it. I do not have princess plus as my fair either. And I wanted to make sure it was taken care of before I went sailing on the Majestic on sunday. They told me as long as it's on your travel summary don't worry about it it's taken care of. Just bring your travel summary print out with you to the front desk to show him it's on there 

Just so you know I literally spoke to about six people in total yesterday in regards to it because I kept telling I wanted to make sure that it was indeed taken care of and I didn't have to worry about it and they all reinsured me I'd be fine.

Well that is nice, I will not worry about it.   I am sailing on the 8th.   Hope you have a wonderful cruise will be right there for the cruise after you disembark.   Thank you for calling them yesterday I will not call now as you were told it is ok.   Will print out my new travel summary.   Thank you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

Well that is nice, I will not worry about it.   I am sailing on the 8th.   Hope you have a wonderful cruise will be right there for the cruise after you disembark.   Thank you for calling them yesterday I will not call now as you were told it is ok.   Will print out my new travel summary.   Thank you.

Thank you so much! So if you have any problems just walk down to the guest services and show them your travel summary and they'll adjust and take care of it. Wishing you an awesome cruise on the 8th when the time comes as well!!! So excited to be getting back onboard 

49 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

Paid

Did you order WIFI on your Personalizer (where on the Personalizer) or MedallionClass App or called in?

Edited by phabric

11 minutes ago, phabric said:

Did you order WIFI on your Personalizer (where on the Personalizer) or MedallionClass App or called in?

I could not find on the app or personalizer so had to call in to order

3 hours ago, phabric said:

3 hours ago, mrsihopes said:

I could not find on the app or personalizer so had to call in to order

You have to call it in to order pre-cruise.  Eventually/someday/in-a-while, it will be coming to the MC App for pre-order.

Well, another mystery.  Who is Dir BON VOYAGE?  The only options I was given was to pay for it when I ordered it or pay for it in final payment.  I paid for it when I ordered it and it is showing "paid".  Do you have a fairy godmother who paid for yours?  Is this the elite rate?

Wow....will issues ever end?

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Well, another mystery.  Who is Dir BON VOYAGE?  The only options I was given was to pay for it when I ordered it or pay for it in final payment.  I paid for it when I ordered it and it is showing "paid".  Do you have a fairy godmother who paid for yours?  Is this the elite rate?

Wow....will issues ever end?

I am Elite but was supposed to pay and get a 50% credit applied to my folio onboard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrsihopes said:

Paid

You have a one device package for your 7 day cruise at $9.99 per day (if you are Elite you will received 50% back in onboard credits) but mine has my name as the purchaser where your receipt says DIR.

Edited by Syracusefan44

Okay, I took the challenge.  Went to Chat on Princess.com.  Connected to an agent...of course had to connect to OCEAN Navigator.  "Bon Voyage" is an automatic response.  Means nothing.  Mine says PAX1 Bon Voyage paid.  

I did not go into he said, she said...this offer, that offer.  

Another wasted hour with Princess.  But heck, I'm retired and have nothing better to do with my time.

• Thanks 1

I ordered for myself today. The way I take the info in the box is that I have paid for the package. I'll be getting 50% back as onboard credit. Mine, btw, says "Na BON VOYAGE!" The "paid" portion just means that you've paid for it already. The "cancel" button is there if you change your mind up to 72 hours before the cruise starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsihopes said:

I am Elite but was supposed to pay and get a 50% credit applied to my folio onboard.

The pricing that we got on hours is the pre Cruise rate once you get on board you will be given a 50% off that rate so roughly about $35 will be placed as on board credit on to your account

I purchased mine as well today but paid $69.93 using a princess gift card.  On another note, I've never purchased the WIFI package before, does this include sending text messages to people that aren't on the ship?  IE. If we need to stay connected with loved ones at home (or work)  can we text as part of the WIFI package?  I believe phone calls are charged at whatever your wireless carrier charges but I'm not clear on what the WIFI packages includes.  Any insight would be appreciated so I don't rack up a huge phone bill! 

Edited by Esjung1

2 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

I purchased mine as well today but paid $69.93 using a princess gift card.  On another note, I've never purchased the WIFI package before, does this include sending text messages to people that aren't on the ship?  IE. If we need to stay connected with loved ones at home (or work)  can we text as part of the WIFI package?  I believe phone calls are charged at whatever your wireless carrier charges but I'm not clear on what the WIFI packages includes.  Any insight would be appreciated so I don't rack up a huge phone bill! 

No, you cannot send regular Text messages as they go via the cellular network.  Many, many, many people have WHATSAPP.  This is example of an app that runs over internet/wifi.  Not only can you text and send photos, but you can also have voice or video calls.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tillys mom said:

WhatsApp works well. Have everyone you want to communicate with download the app- including yourself. You can use anywhere you have WiFi.

Thank you, appreciate the quick reply!

5 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

Steelers36 is correct in that texts are sent via the cellular network.  However, if you have an Apple device such as a phone or an IPad you can text somebody who also has an Apple device using wifi.  I don't know if this is possible using other brands such as a Samsung phone to another Samsung phone or tablet.  I only know Apple.

As for phone calls - if your carrier and your phone allow you to make wi-fi calls you can do so without a charge as long as you are on wi-fi.  You can check in your phones settings to see if the phone allows you to make wi-fi calls.  Check with your carrier to see if they allow you to make wi-fi calls.  And as a final note - It is always a good idea to turn your cellular services off when on the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As CTgirl said you can text apple to apple on wifi and you do NOT need the paid internet to do this. As long as you are connected to the ships intranet it will work. The “paid” medallionnet portion is only needed to access internet web sites, email servers etc.  

Edited by t&atravel
  • Thanks 1