Citi offers $250 off $1000 on Carnival.com

Gregoryfo

I saw a mention of this in the allstate thread but thought it deserved it's own thread so folks did not miss it.  If you have a citi credit card check in your citi offers tab, as there is an offer for $250 off $1000 at carnival.  I have used the Amex offers for carnival a few times but this was the first time I saw it on citi.  Below is the text and requirements of the offer:

Offer Details

Earn $250 on a purchase of $1000 or more.

Book now and experience the FUN with Carnival Cruise Line. Use your eligible card for a single purchase of $1,000 or more on Carnival.com and receive a $250 statement credit.

Terms Of Use

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 enrolled Card and 1 statement credit per Card Member. Reservations must be made directly with Carnival via www.carnival.com. Offer valid only on a single transaction with a minimum amount of $1,000 including taxes and after any discounts. Purchases not combinable. Excludes other Carnival Corporation brands. Offer only valid until 08/31/21 and is non-transferable.

Hope it helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks!  My husband and I both have it on different citibank cards that we have.

We can use one to pay off our cruise booked for February.  Do you know if we could buy a gift card with the other card to use later?

We have been buying our gift cards from Citi for years now.  $100 gift cards for $90.  $500 for $450.  $1000 for $900.  It's been great.  Glad to see them doing this as well.  Can save a lot of money with this deal plus the gift cards through their CitiDeals.

51 minutes ago, Bevv said:

Not on mine either 😞  

To check card eligibility:

https://online.citi.com/US/ag/merchantoffers

I believe it is only the Prestige and Dividend cards right now.  Have not heard of others yet.  I tried some of mine and nothing.

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Thanks 2

I have the American Airlines card just because of the huge initial offer they had. It was $500 offer for flights and $500 off first flight purchase. Our flights were free basically. I have not received any decent merchant offers with this card. I will cancel it when it November flights are done. No use for the card other than free baggage.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to mention that it was on my Citi Double Cash card and my husband's Rewards+ Card.

We were able to use one to pay off our February cruise, but don't have $1,000 worth of charges to use for the other one.

On those same cards, we have an offer for Best Buy for $50 off of a $200 or more purchase.  I'm heading to the store today to get Amazon gift cards with it.  Those can then be used to purchase Carnival gift cards (at least the last time I tried it).  If not, we spend lots of money on Amazon anyway, so the discount will definitely be use.

5 minutes ago, live.love.cruise said:

I have both the Double Cash and Rewards and don’t have this offer showing under either card. 😞

I posted the original info over on the Allstate thread about the Citi offers for Carnival and Best Buy (the latter of which which can be converted indirectly to 25% off of Carnival gift cards through Amazon gift card purchases).

I also have the Doublecash card, and I had the citi offers on it.  Strangely, though, there were two different merchant offer links, and the carnival deal only showed up on the second link!  So look at both links!

There are other kinda crazy deals right now potentially affecting cruising, spread across Citi, Chase, and American Express credit cards.  American express, for example,  now has an offer of $125 off any $300+ airfare purchase on Delta.com.   Snapped that 40% discount up for our tix to Vancouver to start our Alaska cruise in 2022!

The best single place to find these sorts of deals is Doctor of Credit.  Check his once or twice a week, and you will potentially save tons of $$$.  (And no, I'm not related to the Doctor . . . ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 12:01 AM, Gregoryfo said:

I saw a mention of this in the allstate thread but thought it deserved it's own thread so folks did not miss it.  If you have a citi credit card check in your citi offers tab, as there is an offer for $250 off $1000 at carnival.  I have used the Amex offers for carnival a few times but this was the first time I saw it on citi.  Below is the text and requirements of the offer:

Offer Details

Book now and experience the FUN with Carnival Cruise Line. Use your eligible card for a single purchase of $1,000 or more on Carnival.com and receive a $250 statement credit.

Terms Of Use

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 enrolled Card and 1 statement credit per Card Member. Reservations must be made directly with Carnival via www.carnival.com. Offer valid only on a single transaction with a minimum amount of $1,000 including taxes and after any discounts. Purchases not combinable. Excludes other Carnival Corporation brands. Offer only valid until 08/31/21 and is non-transferable.

Hope it helps!

Has anyone bought a $1000 Carnival giftcard with this and received the credit of $250? Just want to verify firsthand

This is how the fine print is worded.  It only says a purchase but also mentions reservations.  As clear as mud.

Offer Details

Terms Of Use

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 enrolled Card and 1 statement credit per Card Member. Reservations must be made directly with Carnival via www.carnival.com. Offer valid only on a single transaction with a minimum amount of $1,000 including taxes and after any discounts. Purchases not combinable. Excludes other Carnival Corporation brands. Offer only valid until 10/31/21 and is non-transferable.

Ok well here is my experience so far.   I saw this thread yesterday, checked my Citibank card and saw the offer.  I just booked and paid in full for a December cruise about a week ago - so I decided I would buy $500 in cruise cash, steakhouse for 2, drink package to get to just over $1000.   I am going to spend it anyway so I figured why not.

I happened to look at my Citibank account today and saw two pending charges, one for $925 and then one for $78. Now I’m curious if they’re going to consider it two different purchases even though I purchased it all at the same time. I’m not sure why carnival would split the charges like that.  So we shall see.

When I read the fine print I read it to mean $1000 in purchases. It could be interpreted either way, clear as mud is correct.  I will try to report back what happens in the next couple days, but I foresee a phone call to Citibank in my future to try to convince them otherwise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sand_Sun_Sea73 said:

Ok well here is my experience so far.   I saw this thread yesterday, checked my Citibank card and saw the offer.  I just booked and paid in full for a December cruise about a week ago - so I decided I would buy $500 in cruise cash, steakhouse for 2, drink package to get to just over $1000.   I am going to spend it anyway so I figured why not.

I happened to look at my Citibank account today and saw two pending charges, one for $925 and then one for $78. Now I’m curious if they’re going to consider it two different purchases even though I purchased it all at the same time. I’m not sure why carnival would split the charges like that.  So we shall see.

When I read the fine print I read it to mean $1000 in purchases. It could be interpreted either way, clear as mud is correct.  I will try to report back what happens in the next couple days, but I foresee a phone call to Citibank in my future to try to convince them otherwise.

I have gotten this offer before and used it successfully on a 1K payment. It specifies that it must be 1K or more on a single transaction. You may have a issue. Be vigilant on checking and following up. I suspect you'll have issues. This deal is also not available for me again. Seems to be a one and done. 

12 hours ago, Annvcupar said:

Has anyone bought a $1000 Carnival giftcard with this and received the credit of $250? Just want to verify firsthand

I posted my thoughts on this over on the Allstate thread about a week ago. 

In sum, I doubt very much that you can trigger the statement credit by purchasing a gift card.  That is because the  offer is specifically for purchases on "carnival.com,'" but carnival sells its gift cards on  "carnival.ourgiftcards.com."   But, of course, if someone wants to risk it, let us all know.

5 hours ago, Sand_Sun_Sea73 said:

I don't like your chances. Offer details say "purchase." Terms of use say "purchases may not be combined." Carnival didn't help you when they charged your card as two separate transactions. I'm wondering if the $78 charge was actually $76 ($38X2) for the Steakhouse? Maybe they charged the drinking and dining to separate departments? Possible the Steakhouse was separate because it was refundable if you cancelled your reservation?

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on how long it takes for this to credit? I was on the fence about booking the cruise, but this offer kind of pushed me over to take the plunge.

The offer ended on 10/31, I made payment on 10/28, but it didn't post until today. It doesn't show up as redeemed on the site.

It's all probably fine, but I  would like to stop checking it multiple times a day!

@Gregoryfo Thank you for the heads up. I was able to take advantage on one of my 3 cruises.

@CookieShip It took mine several days. My credit posted today, expiration was same as yours. I think I submitted the payment around the 27th. My payment posted a day or two later, definitely made sure I left time for it to post before the offer expired. I kept checking and the credit posted several days later. You should be okay, hopefully you'll get the credit in a few more days.

@Ellaleah I have Citi Diamond Preferred and Citi Thank You Preferred. I only had the offer on the Citi Diamond Preferred card.