Oasis simulation 8/22/21

I searched for this topic but didn't see a thread devoted specifically to this sailing so I apologize if there is one and I missed it.

Who else is on this simulation? It's my husband and me, we'll be driving from Maine. Nothing is showing up on the app for us yet but we are anxiously awaiting our room assignment! 

(As a weird side note, I am most nervous about the COVID test required beforehand as I have not once yet been tested through the whole pandemic!)

• Like 1

Hello! I am on this sailing as well. I'm curious about what stateroom that I am getting too! Checking emails all the time! There is an active Facebook group for this sailing. It is called Oasis of the Seas Simulated Cruise - August 22, 2021.

Can't wait!!

• Like 2

I am not on Facebook so I will hang here!  We are registered and awaiting stateroom assignment also.  It is surreal as I just asked my husband about two weeks ago if he would go if we got picked.

Never in a million years did we expect that email🥳

Marietta and Charlie

• Like 7

I’m going!!  Can’t wait but it’s going to be a quick turnaround. Off the Ovation Friday then on a plane to New York Saturday   I’m checking the app and emails constantly also. Curious about the room assignment and hoping to get one dinner at 150 Central Park 

Beth

• Like 1

I'm in too.

Should this move into the Roll Calls board?  I was about to take over the existing Aug 22 sailing, but that felt like rubbing salt in a wound.

Edited by Rewind
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am not on Facebook so I will hang here!  We are registered and awaiting stateroom assignment also.  It is surreal as I just asked my husband about two weeks ago if he would go if we got picked.

Never in a million years did we expect that email🥳

Marietta and Charlie

Funny story... I didn't even know my husband had entered the drawing. He was like, "Um... we got picked for a simulation cruise and we leave in two weeks." 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33tekfan--Congrats on getting to take part in the Oasis simulation cruise. Even as a test, you'll have a great time.

Don't worry much about the covid test, I think many places(Our CVS does this) have you twirl the swab in your nostril a few times on each side, then drop in in a tube, snap on the cap, seal it in a baggie and hand over the sealed bag. I've done it twice recently due to exposure and it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Have you sailed Oasis before? If not you'll love it.

Barb

41 minutes ago, 33tekfan said:

I searched for this topic but didn't see a thread devoted specifically to this sailing so I apologize if there is one and I missed it.

Who else is on this simulation? It's my husband and me, we'll be driving from Maine. Nothing is showing up on the app for us yet but we are anxiously awaiting our room assignment! 

(As a weird side note, I am most nervous about the COVID test required beforehand as I have not once yet been tested through the whole pandemic!)

Congratulations! To you and everyone that was selected.  I'm so jealous.

I will definitely be following this thread🤩

As you are concerned about the test maybe get one this week, call your test run to find out the process and help ease your anxiety.  getting one really is easy to do.  

6 minutes ago, barb in ga said:

33tekfan--Congrats on getting to take part in the Oasis simulation cruise. Even as a test, you'll have a great time.

Don't worry much about the covid test, I think many places(Our CVS does this) have you twirl the swab in your nostril a few times on each side, then drop in in a tube, snap on the cap, seal it in a baggie and hand over the sealed bag. I've done it twice recently due to exposure and it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Have you sailed Oasis before? If not you'll love it.

Barb

Thanks for the info! My husband has had 2, neither one he did himself but my son has had multiple due to his work and school and some he did himself and some were administered for him. I've just read too many Facebook posts where people exaggerate how far they go in 🤣. I'm going to suck it up and be brave though, this is worth it!
We have sailed Oasis, twice actually and once on Allure. The Oasis class is my favorite, followed closely by the Freedom class. Wasn't a big fan of Anthem, but I wouldn't necessarily say no to cruising on her again, just not my favorite.

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations! To you and everyone that was selected.  I'm so jealous.

I will definitely be following this thread🤩

As you are concerned about the test maybe get one this week, call your test run to find out the process and help ease your anxiety.  getting one really is easy to do.  

That's not a bad idea - I might consider that. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Supposed to be 7:00 pm

Hopefully, they decide to sail Monday.  

We sailed in 2016 from Bayonne on Anthem when there was a storm approaching, was not fun.  I was very conscious about where I parked in the garage as the storm was supposed to hit there too (it didn't).  I backed into one of the spots at the top of the ramp, up against one of the big pillars on the second level of the garage.  Figured it would save me from flying stuff.  It was our first time on Anthem and we said we would never sail that ship again lol  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Hopefully, they decide to sail Monday.  

We sailed in 2016 from Bayonne on Anthem when there was a storm approaching, was not fun.  I was very conscious about where I parked in the garage as the storm was supposed to hit there too (it didn't).  I backed into one of the spots at the top of the ramp, up against one of the big pillars on the second level of the garage.  Figured it would save me from flying stuff.  It was our first time on Anthem and we said we would never sail that ship again lol  

sounds like the worst of it will be in the PA/NJ/NY area Saturday / early Sunday.   Expect wind and rain Sunday but sail away at 7 pm should be fine.    

Anyone flying in for the test cruise may have weather delays so hopefully the bulk of passengers are locals.