Assigned boarding times

noppy

Just now, noppy said:

How are the boarding times determined? First come first serve, stateroom class, C&A class?

Just wondering... Thank you!!

You pick your time when you do your checkin.  At least that was how it worked for my now cancelled Anthem cruises.

I recently checked in for a suite and didn’t see anything different than checking in on my balcony cruise. The only advantage I’ve heard of for a suite (and P’s) is that they allow an hour on either side of your assigned time to check in for boarding. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, noppy said:

How are the boarding times determined? First come first serve, stateroom class, C&A class?

Just wondering... Thank you!!

When I checked in for my Sept 5 sail, there was a list of time slots that you select.  The first one available (that I selected ) was 11:30-12:00 and the last  was 3:30-4:00.

It’ll be interesting to see how the boarding times work on the Anthem of the Seas out of NJ, when her normal departure time had been 3pm. I have an early December cruise and plan on driving over from West Virginia the day prior, staying in a hotel about an hour from the cruise port, then driving over very early the next day. I hear traffic can be rough if you get there later than 10am. 

Edited by dmwnc1959

Just checked in this week on Sept 26 sailing on Oasis out of NJ.  Star class check in opened at the same time as everyone else.  We got 12:30 - not sure if 12 or 12:30 was the earliest.  Departure time has been moved back to 6PM instead of the original 4PM

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

It’ll be interesting to see how the boarding times work on the Anthem of the Seas out of NJ, when her normal departure time had been 3pm. I have an early December cruise and plan on driving over from West Virginia the day prior, staying in a hotel about an hour from the cruise port, then driving over very early the next day. I hear traffic can be rough if you get there later than 10am. 

Depends on the day of the week.  (among other variables)

• Like 1

There is a lot of either facetiousness or plain snark going on in this post. Pre-covid you would get an assigned time but didn't have to stick with. It really didn't matter if you had 12 or 3pm, you could just show up and as long as you stood in the lines they let you on. It is the same process but you no longer can just show up and be let on.  Now with the protocols and testing it is assigned times. Meaning the earlier you are able to check-in the better options for times. So there are variables like days and times but only relative to when check-in opens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

If things are the way they are they may posh back departure time.  Oasis Sept. 5 out of Bayonne, departure has been pushed back form 4-6PM.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ampurp85 said:

There is a lot of either facetiousness or plain snark going on in this post. Pre-covid you would get an assigned time but didn't have to stick with. It really didn't matter if you had 12 or 3pm, you could just show up and as long as you stood in the lines they let you on. It is the same process but you no longer can just show up and be let on.  Now with the protocols and testing it is assigned times. Meaning the earlier you are able to check-in the better options for times. So there are variables like days and times but only relative to when check-in opens. 

How will I know when check-in opens for my cruise?

17 hours ago, nelblu said:

If things are the way they are they may posh back departure time.  Oasis Sept. 5 out of Bayonne, departure has been pushed back form 4-6PM.

For Bayonne, I wonder if it’ll matter what time you can arrive if you just want to drive up and drop off your bags, to then proceed into the parking garage? I wanted to try and arrive around 930am on that Sunday morning to beat the atrocious traffic congestion leading into the port, drop off my one piece of luggage, then maybe wait in the car until my boarding time comes. This way I’ll at least try and get a jump on already being there and close to the terminal, as well as getting a good parking spot. This will be my first time cruising from Bayonne and some of the videos I’ve seen of the backlogged traffic are intimidating. 

Edited by dmwnc1959

54 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

This will be my first time cruising from Bayonne and some of the videos I’ve seen of the backlogged traffic are intimidating. 

With the staggered check in and low capacity, it should be less of an issue for the first few sailings. 

19 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

But the snarks answered an impossible question, and you did gave an history lesson.  I rather read the snark remarks, more fun

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

With the staggered check in and low capacity, it should be less of an issue for the first few sailings. 

By time my sailing comes in December, they might be back to 100% capacity? Still with staggered check-in, that road into the Cape Liberty Cruise Port looks like it’ll be a mess. 

35 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

By time my sailing comes in December, they might be back to 100% capacity? Still with staggered check-in, that road into the Cape Liberty Cruise Port looks like it’ll be a mess. 

Unlikely any ship will be 100% this year and the staggered check in will stay though enforcement may wane. Kinda hard to know what will happen in Dec. 

• Like 1