NCL Specialty Restaurant Menus from the Encore

BirdTravels

Here's a copy of the Specialty Restaurant menus from the Encore. 

American Diner.pdf

Cagney's.pdf

Cocos.pdf

Food Republic.pdf

Haven - Breakfast.pdf

Haven - Lunch.pdf

Haven - Dinner.pdf

Haven - Lounge.pdf

Le Bistro.pdf

Los Lobos.pdf

Ocean Blue.pdf

Onda.pdf

Q.pdf

Teppanyaki.pdf

The Local - Breakfast.pdf

The Local - All Day.pdf

The Local - Late.pdf

Vibe.pdf

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

• Thank You Bird , for taking the time to post the menu’s! Really appreciate it! I will be on the first Caribbean sailing of the Encore in Nov and really enjoyed your review of the ship…..during your Alaska adventure. Welcome back!

3 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

Does anyone know if this is pretty much the same across the board for all ships? We are going in Epic in two months and just wondered if I should bother looking at this one

So,,,, historically, when a new set of menus comes out, it takes upwards of a year for it to get deployed across the fleet. 

That being said, nothing has happened in a year and these menus reflect what you see in the NCL videos on the "new and improved menus" for NCL. 

I'd give it a good chance of what you will see for similar restaurants on the Epic. (The Epic has a lot fewer specialty restaurants and additional complimentary restaurants like the Shanghai restaurant)

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,,, historically, when a new set of menus comes out, it takes upwards of a year for it to get deployed across the fleet. 

That being said, nothing has happened in a year and these menus reflect what you see in the NCL videos on the "new and improved menus" for NCL. 

I'd give it a good chance of what you will see for similar restaurants on the Epic. (The Epic has a lot fewer specialty restaurants and additional complimentary restaurants like the Shanghai restaurant)

Thanks 🙂

Thanks so much, Bird!

Quick neophyte question - We have Onda for one of our specialty dinners. What is included in the dinner? Does it include an antipasti+primi+secondi+contorni+dessert? I'll probably pass on the meat and sides regardless, but it's nice to know.

For those considering Onda, I've eaten at Scarpetta and enjoyed it quite a lot; this menu looks very similar. You'd think that spaghetti with tomato sauce would be boring and bland, but not this version - simple as can be, and absolutely delicious!

On 8/17/2021 at 11:20 PM, JYDCruise said:

Thanks so much, Bird!

Quick neophyte question - We have Onda for one of our specialty dinners. What is included in the dinner? Does it include an antipasti+primi+secondi+contorni+dessert? I'll probably pass on the meat and sides regardless, but it's nice to know.

For those considering Onda, I've eaten at Scarpetta and enjoyed it quite a lot; this menu looks very similar. You'd think that spaghetti with tomato sauce would be boring and bland, but not this version - simple as can be, and absolutely delicious!

We ordered a couple of "starters", an entrée, and dessert. 

The restaurant was very noisy. No carpet on the floors, no table cloths, nothing on the walls or ceiling to absorb sound,,, it just reflected noise everywhere.

The food was not great. 

Based on our experience from our December 2019 Encore cruise, we made two reservations at Onda. But cancelled our second reservation after an unpleasant first dinner. 

The lamb in Le Bistro was delicious.  The shank meat had the texture of pulled pork and was a nice counterpoint to the two lamb chops.  Overall, though, I think I preferred it when the dish was called “rack of lamb” and consisted of four lamb chops, or sometimes two double-cut chops.  A word of caution, though - with the new menu, NCL’s definition of rare, medium, and well done seems to have shifted.  I ordered the lamb medium-rare.  It  came out rare.  A couple of days later I ordered  the prime rib medium.  It came out pink, cold, and bloody.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, BirdTravels said:

Here's a copy of the Specialty Restaurant

Thanks for this!  Interestingly, Ocean Blue is the only restaurant where the wine list is provided and it differs, somewhat, from the Premium Plus  brochure (Moet et Chandon included instead of Veuve Clicquot, for instance.)  That's fine; I'll settle for either.  I'm not THAT pretentious 🙂  Plus, the PP brochure DOES say that selections are subject to change.

Some of the upcharges seem a bit odd, like the crabcake ($5, with a $14 ala carte charge) versus the bacon (no upcharge, $16.)

All in all, though, I'm just that much more psyched for my December cruise on the Bliss.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...