Regal v Sky ?

debsjc

Hi,

I have cruised aboard both the Regal Princess (in 2014) and Sky Princess (in 2019). They both are excellent ships. If I had to choose between the two, I would probably pick the Sky Princess because it is five years newer. Also, I think the public areas on the Sky Princess are slightly more attractive.  

Chuck

• Like 4

I have been on both - Regal twice, Sky once, with a cruise booked on the Sky in 2023.  They are both beautiful ships.  Regal has Crooner’s, which I really like, but Sky is newer and the decor is lovely.  I would cruise again on either one in a heart beat.  

• 2 weeks later...

Been on both, Regal, Regal, Regal all the way. The Sky is so loud, the big suites take up a level that folks just look out at you when you are in the pool, really did not like the Sky, too few elevators for the amount of travelers, could not wait to get off. Was on her second cruise, her first TA and it was just not good at all. The Regal is fantastic. Loved everything. Food was great, not crowded, and just perfect. At least this is our findings....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

What bar on Sky would you say would be a good alternative to Crooner's on Regal?

Take Five on deck 6. The Crown Grill Bar, deck 7, will probably also have an entertainer.

4 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Bellini’s on Sky is different to Bellini’s on Regal, and more like Crooners.

Bellini's on the Sky is in the location adjacent to the International Cafe on deck 5. There can be entertainers in the Piazza area. 

On 8/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, Shaver John said:

Been on both, Regal, Regal, Regal all the way. The Sky is so loud, the big suites take up a level that folks just look out at you when you are in the pool, really did not like the Sky, too few elevators for the amount of travelers, could not wait to get off. Was on her second cruise, her first TA and it was just not good at all. The Regal is fantastic. Loved everything. Food was great, not crowded, and just perfect. At least this is our findings....

Are you sure you’re talking about the same Sky Princess ship?

Yes I agree re the 2 Sky Suites however she has the exact same number of elevators as Regal in all the same places.

I’m not sure what you mean by loud? Sky has a more natural light feel with lighter woods and less gold than Regal.

Sky has main bigger pools at the expense of a light show.

Having work onboard both ships recently, I prefer Sky but depends on your taste.