LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

7 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Had the beef medallions , medium rare,  cooked perfectly,  and an appetizer portion of the pesto pasta, which was so good, and the mignondises (sp) for dessert. I love mignondises.  I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about,  but I can’t remember how to spell it. That and the word  ‘hors d’oeuvres.’

It would be so much easier if Princess would call them petit fours instead of mignardises. I also remember seeing them called gourmandises on the menu.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went to 2 shows last night, Encore at 9:15 and Carlos Oscar at 10:30. Encore was outstanding and Carlos Oscar had me laughing so hard my sides hurt. So far I’m really impressed with the shows onboard the ship. Carlos has the funniest facial expressions!B7215809-E6BB-48D4-99F2-520BFD9A7881.thumb.jpeg.58a175e3c188ad6014fafbe4b347dddb.jpegED4C779E-74F0-4382-8D1A-24BC5B71EB6E.thumb.jpeg.7121b993b3b5b9daaf5ad12eed780d1c.jpeg4DE188FC-D616-4C0F-ACBE-80A73F0C725B.thumb.jpeg.9d3fe4f045d9ee649c725d5256ae72d7.jpeg4259240D-0C6C-4555-95F4-6601AEEA67B3.thumb.jpeg.fa983c0ae6986be2da678d7e8b240f47.jpeg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Went to 2 shows last night, Encore at 9:15 and Carlos Oscar at 10:30. Encore was outstanding and Carlos Oscar had me laughing so hard my sides hurt. So far I’m really impressed with the shows onboard the ship. Carlos has the funniest facial expressions!B7215809-E6BB-48D4-99F2-520BFD9A7881.thumb.jpeg.58a175e3c188ad6014fafbe4b347dddb.jpegED4C779E-74F0-4382-8D1A-24BC5B71EB6E.thumb.jpeg.7121b993b3b5b9daaf5ad12eed780d1c.jpeg4DE188FC-D616-4C0F-ACBE-80A73F0C725B.thumb.jpeg.9d3fe4f045d9ee649c725d5256ae72d7.jpeg4259240D-0C6C-4555-95F4-6601AEEA67B3.thumb.jpeg.fa983c0ae6986be2da678d7e8b240f47.jpeg

I’ve heard so many good things about cruise ship entertainment, I’m happy to hear the Majestic is no exception.  Does anyone know if Carlos’s show is the same every time?  In other words is there a reason to see him more than once?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wondertwinsmom said:

I’ve heard so many good things about cruise ship entertainment, I’m happy to hear the Majestic is no exception.  Does anyone know if Carlos’s show is the same every time?  In other words is there a reason to see him more than once?

We saw him 2 nights in a row and both shows had different material. 

• Like 2

Thanks to geoherb and mjceditor for your info!  Really great copies!

I know on a previous post on another Live there were instructions on how to respond to someone direct so they see it.  Not sure how to find those details.  Promise to copy them this time.  You all are good at that, so can someone reinstruct me?  😬  THANKS!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trvlingal said:

Thanks to geoherb and mjceditor for your info!  Really great copies!

I know on a previous post on another Live there were instructions on how to respond to someone direct so they see it.  Not sure how to find those details.  Promise to copy them this time.  You all are good at that, so can someone reinstruct me?  😬  THANKS!

All you have to do is use the @ sign and their name.  @Trvlingal  Or if responding simply quote it.

12 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

All you have to do is use the @ sign and their name.  @Trvlingal  Or if responding simply quote it.

Extra tidbit: you may not even need to type the whole name. Once you start typing the name a list of likely names will drop down. Each letter that you add will narrow the choices. Once you see the one you want, just click on it.😁

4 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Trying to enlarge photo of ingredients. Not able to. Malibu coconut rum, midori and what else? Having difficult reading ~ does look appetizing!

looks like banana liquor, pineapple juice and sweet/sour.  Does sound good!  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Trying to enlarge photo of ingredients. Not able to. Malibu coconut rum, midori and what else? Having difficult reading ~ does look appetizing!

Sorry for the fuzzy photos. I have to post very low resolution photos because the internet on the ship can’t load large files. The Dunes drink is Malibu coconut rum, Midori melon liqueur, banana liqueur, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix. Having one now with pizza from Alfredo’s as we wait to dock in Juneau.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Sorry for the fuzzy photos. I have to post very low resolution photos because the internet on the ship can’t load large files. The Dunes drink is Malibu coconut rum, Midori melon liqueur, banana liqueur, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix. Having one now with pizza from Alfredo’s as we wait to dock in Juneau.

This sounds so good!  And if you like this, may I please recommend the key lime pie martini and/or a French martini which is vanilla vodka, chambord (raspberry liqueur) and pineapple juice. 🙂 

Edited by TinaLee

Has anyone sailing on this cruise used their drink package to order cocktails in their cabins?  One of the previous voyage live threads mentioned getting drinks delivered to cabins (applied to drink package) and I wondered if that was unique to the first couple of voyages or if it’s continuing. 

35 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

This sounds so good!  And if you like this, may I please recommend the key lime pie martini and/or a French martini which is vanilla vodka, chambord (raspberry liqueur) and pineapple juice. 🙂 

Thanks for the recommendations I’ll give them a try…..great having the drink package!!! 🍸

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Has anyone sailing on this cruise used their drink package to order cocktails in their cabins?  One of the previous voyage live threads mentioned getting drinks delivered to cabins (applied to drink package) and I wondered if that was unique to the first couple of voyages or if it’s continuing. 

So far I’ve only ordered lattes in the room and they were delivered this morning in under 5 minutes. I’ll try ordering drinks later and let you know if it works to have them delivered to the room.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KLM3164 said:

So far I’ve only ordered lattes in the room and they were delivered this morning in under 5 minutes. I’ll try ordering drinks later and let you know if it works to have them delivered to the room.

Did the lattes go on your drink package or did they charge you extra?