LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

We went to the Kroschel farm as an excursion on our August 8th cruise and really enjoyed it.  Steve broke down when he spoke about the moose and his encounter with the bear that killed them.  Our bus driver was shocked that Steve spoke about it.

3 hours ago, JustBCruz said:

I believe you have to do the Port Valet by today.  It is a great deal.  We missed it and had a 4:00 flight out of Seattle.  Air Alaska would not take our bags until 4 hours before our flight so instead of being able to Uber Seattle we were stuck with our bags at the airport.  There is no cost to you other than what the airline charges.  We flew first class so there wasn’t going to be a charge for our three bags.

The Seattle airport is a good place to hang out so all was not lost. 

Is this something you are offered  once on the ship?  And if you have free baggage privilege with your carrier the service is free?  Where do you sign up?  Thanks.

5 hours ago, Trvlingal said:

Is this something you are offered  once on the ship?  And if you have free baggage privilege with your carrier the service is free?  Where do you sign up?  Thanks.

Here is the link to the website:

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free
You can either sign up there ahead of time or on the ship.  We are on next week’s cruise and I signed up last night. There is a box to check near the end of the sign up, if you get free baggage with the airline and an info box for you to explain why. I included my frequent flyer number in that box as well so it could be verified.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

I can't seem them ever doing this. If your spouse feels tired and goes to be early Princess really doesn't want you to be "sharing" the package by purchasing a drink for yourself along with a "drink for your wife" and then just giving that second drink to someone else. You know it would happen...

Okay, but the wife in your example could get that same drink herself and hand it over to a friend after walking away from the bar/IC, etc.  The system relies on personal integrity and observant employees watching for unusual patterns I suppose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Here is the link to the website:

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free
You can either sign up there ahead of time or on the ship.  We are on next week’s cruise and I signed up last night. There is a box to check near the end of the sign up, if you get free baggage with the airline and an info box for you to explain why. I included my frequent flyer number in that box as well so it could be verified.

We did exactly that earlier this month and had no trouble.  I'm platinum with Delta, so we added my frequent flyer number on the forms we got on the ship for both cabins, submitted the forms and set out the luggage the night before, and all went well.  It was really, really nice not to have the big bags.  The Delta app updated me to say when the luggage got on the plane and the luggage showed up on the carousel when we arrived home.  That's a nice service!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DuncanBlizzard said:

That's a nice service!

It really is a nice service. Do other ports offer this service? We are sailing out of Port Everglades in November and would definitely use this service if it’s available.

1 minute ago, KLM3164 said:

It really is a nice service. Do other ports offer this service? We are sailing out of Port Everglades in November and would definitely use this service if it’s available.

Port Everglades itself has never offered this service.

Pre-pandemic, Princess offered the service at FLL at a cost of $25/passenger plus any fees the airline charged. Both FLL and MIA had participating airlines. Charges were put on the onboard account.

A Princess rep yesterday insisted that the app pre-cruise does not offer an opportunity to book attendance at onboard events such as shows in the Princess Theater, trivia, etc.

Other threads have indicated the app had been used to make these reservations pre-cruise, even though no attention was paid to them once on board.

For this cruise, did the app allow you the opportunity to make such reservations?

14 hours ago, JustBCruz said:

Hope you all are saying a word of thanks for the great weather you are getting on a ship that is no where near full.  

😄  that's one thing people of the region don't do. You will jinx it, superstitious culture. 

36 minutes ago, Irisagogo said:

Hi.  I will be cruising on the Majestic to Alaska in September.  Does anyone know the hour that the Enclave thermal spa area opens?

On our 8/22 sailing it was 8:30 AM.  We used it daily....what a magnificent place!

Edited by station10fd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Have you seen anybody in the pool?

Yes, me. They have a really nice indoor pool which is where I like to hang out. The water temp in the pool is perfect, not too hot or cold. I haven’t seen anybody in the outside pool.8AC95B78-B50A-45CE-985B-891E624052BB.jpeg.de7d92b18b919aefbcd687b15824760c.jpeg768E4217-4CB2-4F95-9151-B89CA7083ECE.jpeg.b57bf5d9c0b262eb529e5b434797da73.jpeg

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

It’s a gray day in Glacier Bay and although we have a light drizzle it doesn’t feel that cold to me. I did finally wear my down jacket for the first time on the cruise.E2051586-D69E-4FA2-A402-0307CA53D591.jpeg.7ad58ace4ce9384789f3d7ec794f8bb3.jpeg13DA2EDC-20AF-4552-91F8-4331B1149863.jpeg.b113f78a883c1a2a4dba9fe4c047ffa2.jpeg37E98936-2E33-4313-B56D-AC75352A59D6.jpeg.af10ab2dd5e067d3e4b33ba1ae65082b.jpegA69409D7-A232-4020-8049-2F9EE63CE1FA.jpeg.7867f8c90ec4e5add5fbf77d8817262b.jpeg

So sad to see your blue skies didn’t hold out for Glacier Bay Day, but hey 2 out of 3 ant bad! Lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, farsight said:

@station10fd Were there very many people using The Enclave or was it usually pretty low capacity?

The most we had in there at one time was 12 people (the number of heated loungers).  I don't know if they were limiting it to that number as we were never turned away.  Several days it was only my wife and one or two other couples. It was fantastic!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

I don't think are are any vaccinated kids right now. Maybe in a month or so.

True but what about the 5 percent? I wonder how many kids if any anyone has seen so far?  Aren't they the 5% they let on?