Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

12 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Long time lurker, 21 cruises under our belt, but no Celebrity and I so enjoy your writing style and pictures thank you for taking us along on your latest journey.

Glad to see a lurker join in.    You are always welcome and feel free to jump in and ask anything.   As you can see,  If I don't know (very likely) someone here will know or we will all google and find an answer.  That's what CC is all about.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were in Blu on a cruise with friends from Australia.   One of our party mentioned they liked Indian Curries.   The Restaurant Manager (who happened to be Indian) was very excited and started delivering  a special Curry each nice in additional to what was ordered.    He said he personally prepared them himself.   

They loved it.   I'm not much of a fan of Curry but tried a couple.    My favorite was a tray of Curry Lamb Chops.

I believe if you ask at least 24 hours in advance you will be rewarded.   

love love love lamb, will have to ask.   I now have to be careful with curry but still enjoy them! 

and yes, it was Aussies that told us about ordering the dishes too! 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak
  • Like 1

Last night was Chic night and was a very festive evening.   

026FFED9-9990-4ED8-A07D-F2C866A9D5B2.thumb.jpeg.16bece4a1294ec97c3c0d49d58638a73.jpeg

874DAEEC-C056-49A2-9E4F-25F790B21D4D.thumb.jpeg.4bbab1b8c57779fc0d275887f04b1328.jpeg

For starters I had the Blue Cheese Soufle  from Main Menu and Iain had the Salmon.    For our  Entree I had the Rack of Lamb and Iain had the Beef Wellington. 

D7BDC200-9761-4D4A-AA3E-45F780FB60CD.thumb.jpeg.73565d352ab8d1b9f019e3c8c896c943.jpeg

64E16BB3-B0D7-405A-8172-9D35C7A25380.thumb.jpeg.da4f3557e8b4f36fb5f0c9ed17c9e256.jpeg

D2B1AAB9-2EC6-4CE6-AB73-051AF26F1A29.thumb.jpeg.5f75fe51a3f1701b0a4a587786243304.jpeg

1B094693-7155-487D-BC05-63C15899E14D.thumb.jpeg.8202af744369fa7662b46610ea3a6a63.jpeg

2308C5A6-98CC-4245-B3D3-C332753C551B.png.851e7b7fa565a894671d5603300f091c.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9/16

We were up early today as we had to be tested for B2B.    There are about 78 rooms with B2B and 8 in suites.    They arranged Suites for 9:00-9:20.   

The process was quick and painless and took less than 1 minute for us and no waiting.   They are staggering tests to avoid and close contact. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

on a transpacific Royal we were able to order Indian food in the mdr!  

I’m interest in what foods your wife was craving.  I remember several dishes I liked, one a Malay rice dish, when I lived in Singapore. Never could remember the names of many of the dishes.  

The Indian food in Oceanview was really good on this cruise and most cruises compared to the more bland other choices.  We bring Magic Spice from St Maarten and our home blend Chachere’s to spice up the food.

Sophia threw many choices to the chef and they made a few of them.  Nasi Goreng, Mee Goreng, Nasi lemak, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Chicken Satay in peanut sauce, Beef Rendang (had in Indian area in Oceanview), Murtabak, Mee rebus to name a few.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

9/16

We were up early today as we had to be tested for B2B.    There are about 78 rooms with B2B and 8 in suites.    They arranged Suites for 9:00-9:20.   

The process was quick and painless and took less than 1 minute for us and no waiting.   They are staggering tests to avoid and close contact. 

Sending good vibes for a negative! I know you’ve been very careful so should be good!

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

9/16

Do you happen to know if they were doing the tests for Canadians that need to travel home at the same time?  We were on the cruise before this and they did our test at 4:00 pm on the second last day, but for our flights in November it would be much better if they did the tests the morning of the last day.  I'm hoping this is the new timing they will use going forward for the testing.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They don't leave them for you.   You have to request one from the front desk or the Retreat Concierge.

That is one of the things I liked so much about Celebrity.  There wasn't any pandering for tips, whatsoever....unlike other cruise lines.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Sending good vibes for a negative! I know you’ve been very careful so should be good!

I believe we tested negative.   They said you would be advised if you test positive but I don't believe you are notified of a Negative.   At least no one has been pounding our our door in hazmat outfits.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

Do you happen to know if they were doing the tests for Canadians that need to travel home at the same time?  We were on the cruise before this and they did our test at 4:00 pm on the second last day, but for our flights in November it would be much better if they did the tests the morning of the last day.  I'm hoping this is the new timing they will use going forward for the testing.

Yes they are doing the tests for all B2B's as well as those needing test to fly back to their country.   I'm not sure of the timing but for our cruise I believe it was all those needing it in Quazar starting at 9:00 AM

• Like 1

A bit slow posting today.   Up early for our tests and breakfast.   We did our walking early today since we were up early.    Full sun with little clouds early and was a bit hot and humid so happy we did it early. 

We had an early lunch and then took a nice nap.    We are packing up (or should I say Iain is packing and said OK..   "The rest is yours to pack"      Not a very difficult task as all we have to pack is our items in drawers and all my electronics and connectors.  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, SonuvaBeach said:

We LOVE Chef's Table..what was the charge? We have done it before and it was so reasonably priced that I don't recall.

I was advised that if you want the Chef's Table you should try to book in advance if possible or as soon as aboard at any specialty restaurant.     Their is limited availability and it books fast.

Price is $139 per person and an up charge of $70 for wine pairing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, quips, advice and  pictures for these 2 cruises.  They are immensely helpful, insightful and fun to read.  We will be travelling in the PH (1st time) next year and we were wondering if the PH has a coffee maker.  I am aware that the RCCL provides coffee makers in their high level suites.  If the PH doesn't have one, can we ask the retreat host to furnish one?

Hi Jim, thoroughly enjoying your blog, thank you for taking us along 🙂   

Question about B2B,  I realize OBC cannot transferred to the 2nd leg, but is it possible to buy things for your 2nd leg?  For example, pay to upgrade drink package for 2nd leg, or pre-purchase specialty dining?  

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this 🙂

3 hours ago, peanut head said:

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, quips, advice and  pictures for these 2 cruises.  They are immensely helpful, insightful and fun to read.  We will be travelling in the PH (1st time) next year and we were wondering if the PH has a coffee maker.  I am aware that the RCCL provides coffee makers in their high level suites.  If the PH doesn't have one, can we ask the retreat host to furnish one?

Unfortunately it doesn't and you can't request one.    If you want coffee you can push the button for your Butler (Personal Retreat Host -  I can't get used to that yet).    There is also Al Bacio up two decks for a quick fix.  

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Jim, thoroughly enjoying your blog, thank you for taking us along 🙂   

Question about B2B,  I realize OBC cannot transferred to the 2nd leg, but is it possible to buy things for your 2nd leg?  For example, pay to upgrade drink package for 2nd leg, or pre-purchase specialty dining?  

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this 🙂

That is not possible.   Each cruise is independent and they zero out the ships account at the end of the cruise.   You can only use you OBC on the cruise it is attached to.  

One thing you could do is purchase something like a bottle or two of booze on the First Cruise.    They deliver it to your room at the end of the first cruise and you have it in your stateroom for the second.     At least that is how it use to work.   I've heard some say that is not the case now for B2B's. 

• Like 1