Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

It is amazing how your final day at home before leaving for a cruise becomes so exciting.

As many of you know,   I'm an avid walker and walk 10 miles a day even when on a cruise.  Today was my final walk to Mountain View along the Steven's Creek Trail.   It is so peaceful and really come in contact with few people.   I'm an avid fan of Forensic and Mystery Novels and listen to them on Audio Book format while I'm on my walk.   On my last cruise I asked for recommendations and have a list of all the recommendations.    I finished off the Gideon Oliver - Aaron  Elkins  series earlier this week and have loaded my phone with more than enough last me the next month. 

Currently starting the Georges Simenon Series and just getting into the first of the series.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is amazing how your final day at home before leaving for a cruise becomes so exciting.

As many of you know,   I'm an avid walker and walk 10 miles a day even when on a cruise.  Today was my final walk to Mountain View along the Steven's Creek Trail.   It is so peaceful and really come in contact with few people.   I'm an avid fan of Forensic and Mystery Novels and listen to them on Audio Book format while I'm on my walk.   On my last cruise I asked for recommendations and have a list of all the recommendations.    I finished off the Gideon Oliver - Aaron  Elkins  series earlier this week and have loaded my phone with more than enough last me the next month. 

Currently starting the Georges Simenon Series and just getting into the first of the series.

Jim,

Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

Dorothy L. Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey series

Any books by Josephine Tey

the last two are old and probably not audiobooks but fabulous writers, and well worth reading.  
Series make me happy...to find a good author and know there are additional books to read.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Two of my absolute favorites! I pack ancient paperback copies of The Singing Sands and Strong Poison on every long flight in case I don’t feel like hauling out my iPad. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Beautiful!  If I had a trail like this I would walk much farther.

The trail ends at Google's main campus and leads to the Bay Trail which are marshland trails almost completely around the San Francisco Bay.   I do the  Bay Trails when it gets hot as there is usually a nice breeze off the bay.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Jim,

Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

the last two are old and probably not audiobooks but fabulous writers, and well worth reading.  
Series make me happy...to find a good author and know there are additional books to read.  🙂

I have the complete Louise Penny's Gamache loaded and looking forward to listening.

I just looked an the last 2 are also available so I have put them on my wish list.

Thanks for the recommendations.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Two of my absolute favorites! I pack ancient paperback copies of The Singing Sands and Strong Poison on every long flight in case I don’t feel like hauling out my iPad. 

I put them on my list and see if I can find them.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Jim,

Tey's Daughter of Time is one of my favorite books ever.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

As many of you know,   I'm an avid walker and walk 10 miles a day even when on a cruise. 

I don’t see how you do the walking on a cruise ship.  Every time I have tried walking laps outside I get just super annoyed with the. Wind after only a lap or two.  And don’t even think about mentioning the promenade deck, it’s almost as bad and most times you have to for forward and then turn around because the bow is closed.

My approach on our upcoming December cruises is going to be to walk on a treadmill.

40 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I don’t see how you do the walking on a cruise ship.  Every time I have tried walking laps outside I get just super annoyed with the. Wind after only a lap or two.  And don’t even think about mentioning the promenade deck, it’s almost as bad and most times you have to for forward and then turn around because the bow is closed.

My approach on our upcoming December cruises is going to be to walk on a treadmill.

My normal route pre Revolution was to Start full aft follow the track up the stair and all the way forward back around down the stair and back to Aft.  

When the winds pick up or if gets too hot or stormy I start at the top floor and walk laps on the hallways and go down one floor and repeat until I get down to the lowest deck and then work my way back up. 

I also sometimes use the Elliptical as I'm not much a fan of treadmills.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, snorkel2 said:

That would be beautiful to ride my horse down. 🙂

That I have not seen so far.   I've seen police on bikes and motorcycles sometimes.

Pre-Covid you would sometimes take your life in your hands when people biking to Google tear by at much higher speeds then are marked.    At least most bikers use etiquette and announce their approach -   "ON YOUR LEFT" 

We are almost packed and ready to go.    Have checked in with United and have the boarding passes, Celebrity Boarding Passes and Pre-Checked into Embassy Suites using the Hilton App.   I have a digital key so don't even need to stop at the front desk for a contact less check-in.

Most important Items are confirmed in my backpack -

image.thumb.png.63984bf234397ec0c2394343d04c1ed0.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My normal route pre Revolution was to Start full aft follow the track up the stair and all the way forward back around down the stair and back to Aft.  

When the winds pick up or if gets too hot or stormy I start at the top floor and walk laps on the hallways and go down one floor and repeat until I get down to the lowest deck and then work my way back up. 

I also sometimes use the Elliptical as I'm not much a fan of treadmills.   

I had not thought about doing it indoors. 

The elliptical sounds like a better option that the treadmill as well.  

thank you. 

Edited by DaKahuna

On 9/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Stock Holder’s Credit

Many of you are also RCL stockholder and take advantage of their Stockholders Cruise Credit.

What is the benefit?
•    $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights
•    $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights
•    $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less

I purchased 100 shares over 20 years ago and have more than covered my initial price of $11.00 a share and even with the drop in price the stock in now at $81.   They also use pay a nice dividend but suspended this with the pandemic.

You can either use a portal on line or send a form by Fax or Email.    This time I requested for both cruises using the portal and only had one applied.   It took me 3 more portal submissions before I finally submitted a form via e-mail and it was applied within 48 hours.

Does it matter how many shares you own?  I do own some shares.  Where can I find more information about this?  I'll Google this too.  It's just my first time hearing about this.

Thank you for all you're doing, it's much appreciated!  I'm going to enjoy following you.  

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I hand not thought about doing it indoors. 

The elliptical sounds like a better option that the treadmill as well.  

thank you. 

The elliptical is really good for cardio and much easier on my knees.  

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are almost packed and ready to go.    Have checked in with United and have the boarding passes, Celebrity Boarding Passes and Pre-Checked into Embassy Suites using the Hilton App.   I have a digital key so don't even need to stop at the front desk for a contact less check-in.

Most important Items are confirmed in my backpack -

image.thumb.png.63984bf234397ec0c2394343d04c1ed0.png

Just curious.  The red passport is Iain's dual?  Would he rather it be Scotland rather than Great Britain?

6 minutes ago, 19pamela68 said:

Does it matter how many shares you own?  I do own some shares.  Where can I find more information about this?  I'll Google this too.  It's just my first time hearing about this.

Thank you for all you're doing, it's much appreciated!  I'm going to enjoy following you.  

Yes -   Minimum is 100 Shares

https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abbydancer said:

Just curious.  The red passport is Iain's dual?  Would he rather it be Scotland rather than Great Britain?

How did you figure that one out.    LOL

When we go back to the UK he goes through the UK lane and I have to stand in the "ALL OTHERS".  The Scots don't mind UK or Great Britain but stand clear if you call them English.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4