Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

10 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I must be out of date.  Why is BArbados cancelled?  

Post 199 has the new schedule that I received this afternoon from Celebrity.   No reason was given -

Specific to your future Celebrity Equinox sailing, we will be arriving in St. Croix and St. Johns an hour later. While in St. Johns we are adding two hours to your time in port. Your visit to Bridgetown, Barbados will be replaced with Roseau, Dominica, with a new arrival time of 8:00 AM. Lastly, St. George’s, Grenada has now become an At Sea day and your original Reseau port of call has changed to a stop in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten.

Barbados -   Did a little Googling and found the reason for cancellation.

Effective 9/2

The travel bubble, which exempted people from select countries from further quarantine or testing upon arrival in Barbados, has been discontinued.

“The bubble was implemented to provide more seamless travel for countries, which were deemed to be low risk.  However, over the two-week period prior to the bubble being discontinued, there were rising COVID levels and infection rates. Therefore, the Ministry of Health and the Cabinet Subcommittee deliberated and decided the travel bubble would be discontinued until further notice,” George explained.

He pointed out that with the travel bubble no longer in effect, all protocols would now apply.

For vaccinated travellers, quarantine will be for 24 to 48 hours, while for unvaccinated travelers, five days with a re-test on day six.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Any books by Josephine Tey

the last two are old and probably not audiobooks but fabulous writers, and well worth reading.  
Series make me happy...to find a good author and know there are additional books to read.  🙂

A pity she didn't write more books...

Agree about series -- I've read all JD Robb books and Robert B Parker's too.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are almost packed and ready to go.    Have checked in with United and have the boarding passes, Celebrity Boarding Passes and Pre-Checked into Embassy Suites using the Hilton App.   I have a digital key so don't even need to stop at the front desk for a contact less check-in.

Most important Items are confirmed in my backpack -

image.thumb.png.63984bf234397ec0c2394343d04c1ed0.png

Where did you get those plastic envelopes for the Vac cards?  Thanks!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FL34202 said:

Jim, We are on the Dec 10th sailing of this itinerary, so look forward to seeing your comments.  As an aside, I grew up in Sunnyvale.  Graduated Sunnyvale High in 1965.  Currently reside in Sarasota, FL

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, I agree....Tey was an extraordinary writer.  I’ve read all of Robert B Parker, too...Spencer is one of my favorite characters.  I’ll have to try JD Robb! That’s a new one for me.  Sorry, Jim, not trying to hijack your thread!

Joanie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am new to CC, so not sure what I am doing.  In any event, yes Sunnyvale has changed dramatically.  I moved away in 74.  When I get back in the area I cannot find my way around.  Definitely miss the weather.  Hope you and Iain have a great trip.  look forward to hearing all about it.  Rod

PS:  I set up my ID based on my location.  Does anyone know if I can change that to something more personal?

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

They are on the top of my list to find when I get home.  With 40 books loaded I'm sure I won't be out of listening material.

1 hour ago, BridgeMates said:

Where did you get those plastic envelopes for the Vac cards?  Thanks!

I got mine Ebay but I've seen them on Amazon.       They are relatively cheap and mine was already getting dog eared after a couple month in my wallet.      Around California I use our California  Digital  App.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Dani, I agree....Tey was an extraordinary writer.  I’ve read all of Robert B Parker, too...Spencer is one of my favorite characters.  I’ll have to try JD Robb! That’s a new one for me.  Sorry, Jim, not trying to hijack your thread!

Joanie

Not at all Joanie -    Everyone is invited to jump in and keep things lively.     I love the reading suggestions.       If I had more time this morning I would go looking for the Tey novels.

1 hour ago, FL34202 said:

I am new to CC, so not sure what I am doing.  In any event, yes Sunnyvale has changed dramatically.  I moved away in 74.  When I get back in the area I cannot find my way around.  Definitely miss the weather.  Hope you and Iain have a great trip.  look forward to hearing all about it.  Rod

PS:  I set up my ID based on my location.  Does anyone know if I can change that to something more personal?

Not a problem.    You are doing FANTASTIC.    CC takes  a while to feel comfortable as things aren't always intuitive.

At the bottom there are two buttons + and Quote.     If you click the Quote it takes the message you are responding to and puts in inline in the message box.  

The + is similar except for multiple quotes.      For this function you have highlight what you want to put in the reply box and then hit +   You can do this from multiple messages.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stunned said:

Oops, don’t know why the bold large print, but if that helps I had to share. 

I’m loving this thread and reading along, have a fantastic cruise Jim.

Judy

Amazing the differences in prices of those little plastic holder.    I guess I was being cheap and ordered a 2 pak since I had plenty of time.    I think it took 5 days to arrive. 

12 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Just curious.  The red passport is Iain's dual?  Would he rather it be Scotland rather than Great Britain?

That red passport will become blue at the next renewal, unless Nicola Sturgen gets her way and makes Scotland completely independent. In which case she hopes to rejoin the EU.

I think she might have a point, we are having problems with the delivery of medical supplies this week. For the last month or 2 it has been groceries , as lorry drivers are being held up due to COVID testing at the borders.

07:45  9/4/2021

We got up early (at least early for us) at 7:00 and doing all those last minute things.   Breakfast was quick and poured the remaining milk down the sink.  Suitcases are at the front door and just waiting and making sure I have everything we will need.

I have left notes on the door reminding me of all the little things.    Many of you may remember when I showed up a the airport and discovered i forgot my  backpack with passport and documents.    Ugh.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

Jim and Ian, have a wonderful cruise. We met you on a cruise with Wanda where we met often in Michael's Club. A question that maybe you can answer. Does the Equinox still have the Concierge lunch for Concierge class guests and Zenith on embarkation day?

I remember you well.    I'm not sure if you knew but Wanda is on  this cruise also.   We adopted her and really enjoy sailing with her.  

I'll have to check on the Zenith / Concierge Lunch.    There was no mention of it on any of the documentation I received.    You know how organized Celebrity can be.    I got calls from both the Zenith Desk and the Suite Concierge and they were both asking the same questions.   The Zenith desk apologized and said she would as the Suite Concierge to send the information over to her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bama4cruisin said:

In case Jim is unavailable, I ordered ours, which are very similar, on Amazon.  They came as a set of 2 for less than $7.00.

Dollar store or Staples.  5 for $5.00      Located in Stationery Depts.   Self Laminating

21 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Dollar store or Staples.  5 for $5.00      Located in Stationery Depts.   Self Laminating

The ones we have are not the laminating kind.    They are kinda an envelope with a ziploc type seal at the top to make it waterproof and allow you to take it out to update with your booster. 

• Like 2