Odyssey of the Seas - Junior Suite Bath

Hello all. 

Since Odyssey of the Seas is so new this may be a difficult question to get answers on.

On Odyssey they eliminated the JS walk-in closet and created 1.5 baths.

It appears from video reviews that some have only a tub in the tub part of the bathrooms and some have a tub and walk-in shower.

Anyone know how to determine which ones have the walk-in shower?

On another note - how difficult are those tubs to climb into and out of?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrankLasVegas said:

Hello all. 

Since Odyssey of the Seas is so new this may be a difficult question to get answers on.

On Odyssey they eliminated the JS walk-in closet and created 1.5 baths.

It appears from video reviews that some have only a tub in the tub part of the bathrooms and some have a tub and walk-in shower.

Anyone know how to determine which ones have the walk-in shower?

Thanks in advance.

OK....so the JS's located on the hump that only have double occupancy (which are all the hump JS's) are the ones that have the tub and walk in shower. All the other junior suites that are located on deck 9 NOT on the hump have the tub only. 

As far as difficulty climbing in and out of the tub...I wouldn't think it's any different than like your home tub. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FrankLasVegas said:

It may just be me, but, I find the tubs tricky to get out of.  The bottom of the tub is not level with the floor, and there's a noticeable difference when you are stepping out.  Not a huge deal, but, need to pay attention.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure if Odyssey has the same configuration of JS that Anthem had but on Anthem, there were three different types of JS.  The JS on the hump were what were originally called spa JS and they had a split bath, it was not a true bath and a half.  One of the bathrooms had a sink and toilet.  The other bathroom had a sink, tub and then a stand alone rain shower.  There was no toilet in that bathroom.

There were bigger JS that had a true bath and a half with a toilet in both bathrooms.  There was a tub but no stand alone shower. 

The third version is like a traditional JS.

Not sure if Odyssey follows this though.

Edited to add:  I find the bathtubs hard to get into because I am vertically challenged.  The JS don't seem to have as high a side as the GS tubs though.  The GS tub side on Oasis comes up to mid thigh on me.  

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not sure if Odyssey has the same configuration of JS that Anthem had but on Anthem, there were three different types of JS.  The JS on the hump were what were originally called spa JS and they had a split bath, it was not a true bath and a half.  One of the bathrooms had a sink and toilet.  The other bathroom had a sink, tub and then a stand alone rain shower.  There was no toilet in that bathroom.

There were bigger JS that had a true bath and a half with a toilet in both bathrooms.  There was a tub but no stand alone shower. 

The third version is like a traditional JS.

Not sure if Odyssey follows this though.

I am not sure of the configuration of the corner aft JS's. However the hump JS's on Odyssey are like the spa JS's...just no longer the designation.

Edited by bajathree

3 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

It may just be me, but, I find the tubs tricky to get out of.  The bottom of the tub is not level with the floor, and there's a noticeable difference when you are stepping out.  Not a huge deal, but, need to pay attention.

You are correct...the tubs floor is raised ...doesn't work well for someone tall like me...6'2"..I pretty much hit my head on the ceiling in the tub.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I am not sure of the configuration of the corner aft JS's. However the hump JS's on Odyssey are like the spa JS's...just no longer the designation.

I haven't read anything on the new corner aft JS's.  Would be nice to see a video of one of those as we love aft facing cabins.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

I haven't read anything on the new corner aft JS's.  Would be nice to see a video of one of those as we love aft facing cabins.

All I know about them is from pictures of the aft of the ship they appear to have the width of a Grand Suite with 2 full banks of sliders.....thats all I know about them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bajathree said:

We were in 10724. It has the Tub with a separate walk in shower. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had a Spa JS on Anthem in 2017, wasn’t on the hump though. I could have sworn the configuration was tub/overhead shower, sink and toilet in one bathroom and walk-in rainforest shower and sink in the other. Perhaps my memory is failing me, must be the lack of cruising! 😁

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

We had a Spa JS on Anthem in 2017. I could have sworn the configuration was tub/overhead shower, sink and toilet in one bathroom and walk-in rainforest shower and sink in the other. Perhaps my memory is failing me, must be the lack of cruising! 😁

The one bathroom had a sink and toilet.

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

8B034FBA-7EA0-418A-94B6-3C57F8319BF2.jpeg

55ED66D9-4A12-453D-8FA5-E178032B9066.jpeg

C7B4CF41-2992-44A9-9DC3-6214BD6395F2.jpeg

Yep you’re absolutely right. I pulled up some old pics of mine and they are a replica of yours. Definite memory lapse! 😁. We’ve got a JS on the Anthem next month, can’t wait to sail on her again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

We were in 10724. It has the Tub with a separate walk in shower. 

The hump JS's on Odyssey are all classified J4's

Just some helpful info....even categories are double occupancy...odd categories are cabins for 3 and up. Thus the "4" classification on the J4 since they are double occupancy only.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

Here's an update.

I asked my cabin attendant about the two different JS on the aft, at least on deck 10.  I'm in a 4D regular balcony in the center aft.

The corner J1 he reports have a single bathroom with a tub and shower combo plus sink & toilet all in the same bathroom.  

The neighboring J4 is the split bathroom like the J4 on the hump.  Toilet & sink on one side, tub, sink and separate shower on the other side in a separate bathroom.

• Thanks 2

On 9/10/2021 at 2:09 PM, gfkcruiser said:

i have JS 9640 on Odyssey.  Anyone have answer as to bath layout.  Never had a JS so not familiar with this. 
Thanks

Try this link (google searched the ship and cabin number and found this):  

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvIthGqDhi-QWSdjnFPQeWKei7_bgA:1631802136665&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=odyssey+of+the+seas+cabin+9640&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjG6svV2IPzAhWBup4KHcfQB4MQjJkEegQIKxAC&biw=1366&bih=981&dpr=2

New topic - Regarding your flight question on one of the Royal TA roll calls (if you travel on Delta):  we recently booked on Delta using miles for a round trip DTW-BCN flight for the Oct 2021 & April 2022 TAs for 38k miles and $48 per person. There are long layovers, but we will try to do a same day change to reduce the layover in the connecting airport. It’s cheaper using miles than either paying cash or combo of miles & cash.  Through Dec 31, 2021 Delta is offering MQM accrual on Delta operated flights (so we avoided any AirFrance or KLM operated flights).

I fully expect that their pricing may be higher for the April/Oct 2022 TAs that you are booked on.  We haven’t tried booking through Air2Sea yet, because Delta offers no change fees to cancel flights and rebook in the future.

We’ll wait until next summer to schedule the RT flights for our October 2022 & (TBD) April 2023 TAs.

Edited by CCdad2007

On 9/8/2021 at 3:08 PM, Cigar King said:

Ironically we had a JS on  the Allure 2 weeks ago and I fell in the tub on the 5th day.  Grab bars are poorly located as at 6'2" when I started to fall there was no bar to grab ahold of in the upper part of the shower.  Back was/is badly bruised and I was very limited for the last few days of my cruise.  No bath mat also didn't help my dilemma as bottom of the tubs are very slippery.  Filed injury report with guest services and they were very responsive.  Bath mat was in the shower that day.  They also checked daily to see how I was doing.  The anticipated visit to CoCay was scratched as it would have been too much to tolerate.  Be careful in those tubs!!!!!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, Skip2MySue said:

Ironically we had a JS on  the Allure 2 weeks ago and I fell in the tub on the 5th day.  Grab bars are poorly located as at 6'2" when I started to fall there was no bar to grab ahold of in the upper part of the shower.  Back was/is badly bruised and I was very limited for the last few days of my cruise.  No bath mat also didn't help my dilemma as bottom of the tubs are very slippery.  Filed injury report with guest services and they were very responsive.  Bath mat was in the shower that day.  They also checked daily to see how I was doing.  The anticipated visit to CoCay was scratched as it would have been too much to tolerate.  Be careful in those tubs!!!!!

That was my experience in a J4 tub on Adventure. No bath mat supplied, it was slippery in the tub and I almost fell. I figured with cleaning protocols that maybe they stopped issuing bath mats. I’ll ask for one the next time.