Price Drop Options?

JamieLogical

5 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Sometimes one can get a price drop amount in OBC. Some of us are doing so during the current sale. FWIW I’m getting OBC for my October cruise. Good luck!

Thanks! My November sailing has dropped $348 for my S1, so I am trying to figure out if there is anything I can do.

31 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Thanks! My November sailing has dropped $348 for my S1, so I am trying to figure out if there is anything I can do.

You’ll need to contact either Celebrity or your TA, if you booked through one, and ask them to get you the price drop.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

On Celebrity, is there any chance for compensation if the price drops after final payment? I have only encountered this issue on NCL in the past and they usually allow for a upgrade for the price difference, or some percentage of OBC or FCC.

I was able to get a category upgrade in 2019 when the price dropped after final payment

Edited by yogini06
detail

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

My Celebrity Vacation Planner is on vacation through Monday. So I will try to contact her then.

Please do.  I got a category upgrade (S3 to S2) and OBC in the amount of the delta when my fare dropped.  Pretty simple, actually.  They’ll look it up and apply it in a few minutes.

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

My Celebrity Vacation Planner is on vacation through Monday. So I will try to contact her then.

The current 20% off ends on the 16th so call as soon as possible. We got $578 OBC on a October sailing and a price reduction of $2910 on a 2022 cruise.

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

The current 20% off ends on the 16th so call as soon as possible. We got $578 OBC on a October sailing and a price reduction of $2910 on a 2022 cruise.

Iv my Vacation Planner doesn't answer on Monday, I will just call the main number.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Sometimes one can get a price drop amount in OBC. Some of us are doing so during the current sale. FWIW I’m getting OBC for my October cruise. Good luck!

There is no luck or strategy involved.  Under CWC you are entitled to OBC if the price drops. It's literally a bullet point in the description of the program, which is available on Celebrity's website.  Only on CC do people post receiving a benefit as a success story and cheer others on.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crusinthrough said:

There is no luck or strategy involved.  Under CWC you are entitled to OBC if the price drops. It's literally a bullet point in the description of the program, which is available on Celebrity's website.  Only on CC do people post receiving a benefit as a success story and cheer others on.  

Good morning to you too. How nice to see your snide post. I was referring to price drops in general, regardless of the current program.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Iv my Vacation Planner doesn't answer on Monday, I will just call the main number.

Jamie, for future reference, our Celebrity Vacation Planner has another CVP colleague who covers for her on the days she isn't working (and I assume vice versa).  I learned this by asking what I should do in the event I have a time-sensitive matter on a day she's out.  So while this may be too late for you this week, you might want to ask your CVP who that person is for her and note that for the future.  

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crusinthrough said:

Won't happen if cruiser's cabin category is sold out and stays sold out during this sale since the 20% won't generate a new price.  Making sure expectations are correctly set here.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

On Celebrity, is there any chance for compensation if the price drops after final payment? I have only encountered this issue on NCL in the past and they usually allow for a upgrade for the price difference, or some percentage of OBC or FCC.

Currently, they changed their policy and if your price drops after final payment you can get a OBC for the difference plus 10%.  I did this for my August 27 sailing on the Equinox.  When I called in about the price difference they said that since I was after final payment, they could not do anything on the phone and I had to submit the form.  They helped me to search the website and find the below form.  You  complete the form and email it where stated at the bottom.  As a couple of notes, the form doesn't let you fill in all the blanks, I had to print it and handwrite in the rest and scan it back in and I never did hear back from them, but in a couple of days, in the cruise planner online the OBC was showing (I called in and got a new invoice, which also showed the extra OBC).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

EDIT: You could also try calling, you may get a different answer than me, but the above worked for me.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

What if the cabin category is sold out. How would one find out if price has dropped?

See post 16 just before yours. If your cabin category is sold out, there’s no price drop, because there are no cabins to be priced.  So if you are booked in that popular category, just count yourself fortunate that you got the cabin you wanted. 😊

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

See post 16 just before yours. If your cabin category is sold out, there’s no price drop, because there are no cabins to be priced.  So if you are booked in that popular category, just count yourself fortunate that you got the cabin you wanted. 😊

Of course, if you're really looking to score the difference in $, the smart thing to do is to check frequently for an available cabin in the same category between now and the end of the sale.  It is possible that someone(s) will cancel, and their cabin will remain in inventory long enough for the cabin to appear briefly (unless wait-listed), and would likely do so at the lower price.  At that point, either the cruiser or the TA MUST jump on that if there's any chance of seeing either a price reduction (pre-final) or OBC (after final).  Tedious process, but a matter of what you think your time is worth.

Edited by canderson