Always Included - Should It Show On Booking Confirmation?

poffles

Just now, poffles said:

Just wondering if I should see anything on my reservation booking confirmation statement about the always included?  Perhaps it doesn't show anymore since it's assumed unless otherwise noted?

Mine do

1 minute ago, poffles said:

Hmmmmm ... I hate that you can't see this type stuff in the booking online.

I don’t follow?  I made my bookings via phone call to Celebrity rep.  I write everything I want on a notepad, agent makes the booking, we stay on the call, they send me a confirmation email, I review it and it’s always been on the original confirmation.  How did you make your reservations?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I don’t follow?  I made my bookings via phone call to Celebrity rep.  I write everything I want on a notepad, agent makes the booking, we stay on the call, they send me a confirmation email, I review it and it’s always been on the original confirmation.  How did you make your reservations?

What's to follow, I booked on the phone with Celebrity Blue Chip Club which is just an extension of Celebrity so they don't do anything unique and the confirmation I got is just like any other I've received from Celebrity.  This isn't my first time booking so the concept of writing it on a notepad is not foreign to me, nor is seeing many statements from them, nor is reviewing stuff with them which all seemed as expected.  It's just the first time AI and I didn't focus on this not being explicitly listed until after the call but I'm assuming AI is the reason.  The base cost matches what shows on this sailing online with AI so I am assuming it's something with the way the receipt is filtered?

Anyway, just asking what others see and clearly yours shows and mine doesn't.  I will call them back to (re)validate this for myself.

Oh and my reference to online is also not being able to the AI items on my actual 'upcoming' booking reservation which has always been a shortcoming of their online system.

Edited by poffles

11 minutes ago, poffles said:

What's to follow, I booked on the phone with Celebrity Blue Chip Club which is just an extension of Celebrity so they don't do anything unique and the confirmation I got is just like any other I've received from Celebrity.  This isn't my first time booking so the concept of writing it on a notepad is not foreign to me, nor is seeing many statements from them, nor is reviewing stuff with them which all seemed as expected.  It's just the first time AI and I didn't focus on this not being explicitly listed until after the call but I'm assuming AI is the reason.  The base cost matches what shows on this sailing online with AI so I am assuming it's something with the way the receipt is filtered?

Anyway, just asking what others see and clearly yours shows and mine doesn't.  I will call them back to (re)validate this for myself.

Oh and my reference to online is also not being able to the AI items on my actual 'upcoming' booking reservation which has always been a shortcoming of their online system.

Apologies for asking a legitimate question, with the intent of sharing my personal experience.  Had you mentioned Blue Chip reservation, you may have attracted responses from those folks who have done the same.  Good luck, hope you an get the info you need.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Apologies for asking a legitimate question, with the intent of sharing my personal experience.  Had you mentioned Blue Chip reservation, you may have attracted responses from those folks who have done the same.  Good luck, hope you an get the info you need.

Thanks for your help.

43 minutes ago, poffles said:

Just wondering if I should see anything on my reservation booking confirmation statement about the always included?  Perhaps it doesn't show anymore since it's assumed unless otherwise noted?

I have 4 suites booked.  3 of my 4 show retreat always included, 1 does not.  I've called twice trying to get it to show, so I can see it and they tell me "of course it's included, you're in a suite".  I booked that one online.  It is definitely different than my other 3.

• Like 1

Just now, Julma said:

I have 4 suites booked.  3 of my 4 show retreat always included, 1 does not.  I've called twice trying to get it to show, so I can see it and they tell me "of course it's included, you're in a suite".  I booked that one online.  It is definitely different than my other 3.

THANK YOU ... this is what I was hoping to hear.  I have seen in the past where things didn't show as I would expect on the booking confirmation and it's hard to accept what one can't see.  As I said prior, I wish they showed stuff either consistently or at least show this online in the booking.

Oh well.

You can request the Booking Confirmation from Celebrity. If you booked through a TA, it's typically found in the remarks section. The itemized portion of charges may or may not have the rate code which is really what matters. Invoices direct from Celebrity usually have it listed also. It will look something like AWLAYS INC, ALWAYS INC NRD, 20 PCTSAVE, ELEVATE, ELEVATE NRD and so on.

I just made a booking yesterday directly via their online portal.  The email confirmation I got does not show the "always Inc" or refundable deposit.  I made a screen shot that shows both while I was making the reservation just in case.

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience on the two cruises I am on now they are included in an odd way.  They list each of the perks e.g. internet and then have an offsetting credit.   Mine is a weird one as I had moved the cruise and applied a FCC

image.thumb.png.43c2a8164b7cfaa6b16e57b54aa4c287.png

Thanks Jim...

Yes this is what I was expecting as I've seen on other bookings in the past prior to AI so found it odd none of that is listed on this one.  I am going to call them tomorrow just for my own peace of mind.  I do really believe it is covered given the cruise fare matches what I see online if booking it right now with Always Included so it wouldn't make sense for it not to be 'included' and it must be something that they did different this time on the Blue Chip end to now show it.

BTW I hope you are continuing to have wonderful cruise!

Edited by poffles

There is a stage usually somewhere after final payment where everything gets 'unbundled' and appears on the invoice, once that happens your details will look like Jim's example.

What you see before then can be somewhat confusing, especially if an agent has done part of the job while dealing with something else and left a credit without a debit as can happen which sometimes messes with the final payment total.

I usually call in to get the whole lot unbundled for clarity if it looks messed up or incomplete.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

I have a booking from BCC and it does not show AI, but the base price matches what shows online with AI included. When I made the reservation the representative clearly said the rate included AI and refundable deposit. Mine is a discounted rate, not a comped cruise.

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I have a booking from BCC and it does not show AI, but the base price matches what shows online with AI included. When I made the reservation the representative clearly said the rate included AI and refundable deposit. Mine is a discounted rate, not a comped cruise.

I would make sure you get that in writing, the every BCC rep I speak to, gives me a different answer, regardless of what the question is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, margie1221 said:

Just a quick note that not all Blue Chip offers include AI...

Thanks ... ya I know this and I've actually had (and sailed) ones that did not include AI in the past but this is a discounted cruise much like kathynorth and not a fully comped cruise that I typically get for cabin only so not the same.  I think it's as kathynorth is also seeing, they just don't list it on the booking for some stupid reason.

I will find out with certainty tomorrow as I just can't be bothered with a queue tonight and not sure how late they are even open.

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

Sucks doesn't it, I really like to see this stuff identified somewhere.  Call me paranoid 🤪

Edited by poffles

15 hours ago, kathynorth said:

I'll be looking forward to your response! 

Sorry, I didn't end up asking as I instead cancelled my reservation as it is just too soon for me mentally and with the added overhead of international traveling in the mix and it only being months away I just had to stop thinking only of what a 'deal' something is and really think things out better.

Happy sailing.

• Like 1

For next time, when booking with Blue Chip, if your invitation does not say AI then it probably does not.   

The last one I booked included AI and is in my confirmation.   When booking through anyone, TA, BCC or Celebrity,  I also stay on the phone with them until I get a confirmation email that states everything included.   

Here is part of my statement showing my next booking from BCC. AI is shown, as is the $50 free play included.   Sorry,  not the best picture.

Open Photo

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, micheleata said:

For next time, when booking with Blue Chip, if your invitation does not say AI then it probably does not.   

The last one I booked included AI and is in my confirmation.   When booking through anyone, TA, BCC or Celebrity,  I also stay on the phone with them until I get a confirmation email that states everything included.   

Here is part of my statement showing my next booking from BCC. AI is shown, as is the $50 free play included.   Sorry,  not the best picture.

Open Photo

This applies only in the case of full complimentary with AI, what we are referring to is a discounted cruise which is different.  A full fare cruise being discounted vs complimentary offer.  I've had the complimentary offers that were fully identified as cabin only so I had no expectations of perks or AI and they didn't disappoint as I got nothing but the cabin LOL  ... all good.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 3:02 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

You can request the Booking Confirmation from Celebrity. If you booked through a TA, it's typically found in the remarks section. The itemized portion of charges may or may not have the rate code which is really what matters. Invoices direct from Celebrity usually have it listed also. It will look something like AWLAYS INC, ALWAYS INC NRD, 20 PCTSAVE, ELEVATE, ELEVATE NRD and so on.

First time cruising with Celebrity.
My email confirmation does state “ALWAYS INC NRD”, but I do not see any reference to the package within the app on my phone.  Just curious to know if this is normal or what should I see?  I’m guessing my seapass card will have some reference to the classic package?

1 minute ago, texanitalian said:

First time cruising with Celebrity.
My email confirmation does state “ALWAYS INC NRD”, but I do not see any reference to the package within the app on my phone.  Just curious to know if this is normal or what should I see?  I’m guessing my seapass card will have some reference to the classic package?

Totally normal. Your SeaPass will have the letters CALL at the bottom but the fact you have the package is tied into your onboard account. When you make a purchase or transaction it automatically knows what to charge.