Sugar free drinks?

RhondaC

My hubby is diabetic so I need to know what his choices will be for sugar free drinks, besides Diet Coke.  Do they have any other diet sodas, sugar free juices or similar?   He usually drinks Lipton sugar free citrus tea in bottles. Are we allowed to bring a few bottles onboard with us?  We’ll be on Freedom in December.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

When I sailed on the Freedom of the Seas in 2015, it had the Freestyle machines available to anyone with a drink package.  These machines had many options of sugar-free drinks such as Sprite zero in many flavors, Diet Dr Pepper in many flavors and even zero Power ade.  I was spoilt for choice 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

The Windjammer also has sugar free options, usually a Crystal Light-type fruity drink.

It is the only place onboard I've seen them offered so bring a mug or bottle to fill if you need it throughout the day. 

4 hours ago, RhondaC said:

My hubby is diabetic so I need to know what his choices will be for sugar free drinks, besides Diet Coke.  Do they have any other diet sodas, sugar free juices or similar?   He usually drinks Lipton sugar free citrus tea in bottles. Are we allowed to bring a few bottles onboard with us?  We’ll be on Freedom in December.  

Thanks!

You are permitted to carry on 12 containers (17 oz/half liter) of any non-alcoholic beverage at embarkation.

• Like 4

Hello,

On the Anthem, the Coke Freestyle machines had a better selection than available in cans. The canned choice was (only) between Coke Zero and Sprite Zero.

I take with me a sugar free concentrated cordial, either orange or lemon & lime, and put one squirt into mineral water.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
spelling

9 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

The link will show you what is available in the Coca-Cola® Freestyle machines that is on Freedom of the Seas

I have issues from aspartame so I called to see if Powerade Zero (which has Sucralose/Splenda) is available in the Freestyle machines on the Oasis since we have had it in the past and was told no.   I have to drink that or Gatorade Zero daily to keep my blood pressure up so they said to just bring a note from the doctor and I could bring it on board.     I know the Windjammer used to have some Strawberry/Kiwi drink with Splenda but not sure if they still have it.  Does anyone know for sure?

10 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Freestyle machine is loaded with options. My wife frequently gets club soda with lemon or lime at the bars.

Do you know if there is a charge for this? How about seltzer water?

26 minutes ago, sml3 said:

Do you know if there is a charge for this? How about seltzer water?

It is included in the soda, refreshment, and deluxe drink packages. 
The soda package is about $9. pp/pd

59 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

It is included in the soda, refreshment, and deluxe drink packages. 
The soda package is about $9. pp/pd

I usually get the soda package but this is my first diamond cruise so I am not getting it this time. Free DL coffee and 4 alcohol drinks per day is OK with me. I do usually drink LaCroix at home but would be happy with seltzer water but don't want to use up one of my free drink coupons for it. It really is just carbonated tap water..........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sml3 said:

I usually get the soda package but this is my first diamond cruise so I am not getting it this time. Free DL coffee and 4 alcohol drinks per day is OK with me. I do usually drink LaCroix at home but would be happy with seltzer water but don't want to use up one of my free drink coupons for it. It really is just carbonated tap water..........

I got the refreshment package and my husband had the soda package for our cruise in Aug. I wanted to see how much water and coffee I got and how much soda he got outside of our 4 diamond drinks... 
on an 8 night cruise, I saved money 6 nights, broken even 1 night... The day I didn't break even was embarkment day. 
My DH drinks soda as if he has an IV going into his veins. We saved money on his! 
I made the same purchases for our next cruise. 
At the end of out next cruise, we will be D+ but I don't think that extra voucher will make a difference. But I am going to keep that in mind... 

Edited by LilBlackDress

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I know there are diet sodas and Powerade Zero options, but when it comes to these selections, are the syrup options for them sugar-free as they are in the canned/bottled diet form?  Meaning if I got Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry from the Coke machine, is it sugar free cherry syrup, or does the machine mix in the same cherry that a Dr. Pepper Cherry (non-diet, with sugar) would have?

I always assumed it was sugar-free when it came to flavoring the diet sodas, but given how sometimes syrup flavors can be out of supply in both regular and diet soda versions, it got me thinking is the sugar still going into the diet versions.