Haven Prices now crazy!

even at $1,000 per person, $6,000 sounds awfully cheap for the garden villa.  you may not want to disclose the information, but how can anyone else determine if they want to join you, if you wont tell us where,when or what ship you're talking about, much less the length of the cruise

• Like 1

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

even at $1,000 per person, $6,000 sounds awfully cheap for the garden villa.  you may not want to disclose the information, but how can anyone else determine if they want to join you, if you wont tell us where,when or what ship you're talking about, much less the length of the cruise

I don’t think they’re trying to find Cruise Critic strangers to join the suite with them.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

There's some amazing deals to be found in Haven now on some last minute sailings. I'm not going to specify which one because I'm still trying to find another couple to share the 3 bedroom garden villa with me and don't want any of you stealing from me - but the price is an absolute steal right now. If you put 6 people in the GV it would work out to around $350/pp. To me, that's insanely cheap for the biggest room on the ship.

Even at $350pp per day, that's a great deal. Is there an extra zero that's missing?

• Like 1

well raitch, my point was that i think he's really mistaken about the prices. see two wheels only comment. i think he's right, and the guy might be missing a "0". 6 people x3500+ 21,000. that sounds more in line with the cost of a garden villa.

and of course, i wasnt serious about joining him in the cabin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, raitch said:

I don’t think they’re trying to find Cruise Critic strangers to join the suite with them.

This.  She's a whole lot smarter than that. 😎  Nobody in their right mind would agree to share a room with internet strangers just to get into a fancy room.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

not just Haven, prices are ridiculously high on NCL, 12 thousand dollars for a balcony room, on a Panama canal cruise, I wonder how much business they are doing? they certainly lost us for a while. No thanks.

Yeah, I paid somewhere near that for my Club Balcony "Suite" for this upcoming Mexican Riveria/Panama Canal cruise in January. The most I ever paid for a cruise, and NCL isn't even close to a Luxury line, let alone a Premium line.

BUT, I paid for the 14 day itinerary, not the ship or "suite". Plus, the Bliss has fun amenities that Celebrity and Regent Seven Seas don't offer (no, they are not comparable to NCL, in my opinion).

But, I have now learned that NCL seems to not only NiCkLe and dime, but does a bit of price gouging. This is first time sailing with NCL.

Edited by SireDoime
stuff
  • Like 2

To clarify, the deal of a price I listed was per day. Total price is under 10K for a 5 day cruise with all 5 offers.

And no offense @complawyer, but I do not want to share a room with you. Based on my listed location for anyone so inclined to play Inspector Gadget, you should be able to find the sailing without too much trouble.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2021 at 4:52 AM, complawyer said:

on the contrary, i think the'yre going down. we're booked on the epic sailing jan 23rd,2022 in the 2 bedroom haven suite on the epic. it's now down to about $2500 per person.  we're also booked on the jade in april from athens, he dawn from stockholm in aug, and the star from lisbon nov 2022. we have a 2 bedroom haven booked on all except the star which doesn't have a haven and i found the prices reasonable. the star is 14 day trans atlantic lisbon to rio, and the 2 bedroom is $4500 per person. i think that's reasonable.  the getaway sailing this nov 24th athens to rome was (in my humble opinion) reasonably priced, and also went down in price, but i had to cancel as i wanted to see israel and since their borders are closed, i didn't want to sale if the itinerary was going to change.

so in the end, i guess it depends on where and when you want to sail.

i looked into a suite on celebrity pre-covid and found the prices much higher than ncl

you should see the prices now for the transatlantic. I'm looking at a forward suite on the 14 day and it's 7700pp!!!!

• Like 2

kirsten1526:  maybe the prices are higher if you're in edinburgh (but since the ship is leaving from lisbon) i would think the airfare would be cheaper then from los angeles. in any event, are you looking at the same cruise. mine is from lisbon to rio, 14 days nov 27 thru dec 11.  

to make sure i didnt sound like a fool when i responded to you, i rechecked. the 2  bedroom suite is 3860 pp, the forward penthouse with balcony is 4159 pp, there are aft penthouse  cabins       available for about the same price. there are no other suites available that even come near the 7700 per person, unless you are planning on booking the garden villa.also,please remember that the star has no "haven complex" per se,but the suites come with the same amenities but there is no haven courtyard

if you are truly interested in this cruise, please look again, and if you decide to book, my wife and i look forward to meeting you on board!

• Like 1

Honestly, I am not sure how NCL is getting any new bookings other than people holding expiring CruiseNext certs. I love NCL and normally a balcony cabin booker but their prices (once I normalize for the Free at Sea promos) are MORE than double per night compared to MSC right now for almost the exact same itineraries. I use Cruise Plum to sort for cheapest per night sailings and NCL doesn't start appearing for many pages down in my results.  I know there may be a little bit of "get what you pay for" to this, but no one is getting double the experience on NCL over any other cruise line. 

Edited by pghflyer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, complawyer said:

kirsten1526:  maybe the prices are higher if you're in edinburgh (but since the ship is leaving from lisbon) i would think the airfare would be cheaper then from los angeles. in any event, are you looking at the same cruise. mine is from lisbon to rio, 14 days nov 27 thru dec 11.  

to make sure i didnt sound like a fool when i responded to you, i rechecked. the 2  bedroom suite is 3860 pp, the forward penthouse with balcony is 4159 pp, there are aft penthouse  cabins       available for about the same price. there are no other suites available that even come near the 7700 per person, unless you are planning on booking the garden villa.also,please remember that the star has no "haven complex" per se,but the suites come with the same amenities but there is no haven courtyard

if you are truly interested in this cruise, please look again, and if you decide to book, my wife and i look forward to meeting you on board!

Maybe this is a different cruise? We are looking at Dec 18-Jan 1. I have seen other regular Haven suites for less during the same period. It's for a forward facing penthouse and I use a VPN to see it in USD because there is more freedom for cancelling/changing my booking parameters.

We have a regular balcony booked for Dec 2nd cruise (19 day) from Dubai to Cape Town but investigating changing it because we have been too spoiled with Havens/suites for the past 4 cruises and don't know that we would enjoy it the same. We booked this one for 4500pp USD and there is no suite/Haven available or if I do see it available it's at a ridiculously priced amount. Inside rooms for this sailing are now going for 6000+pp

Dec 2019/Jan 2020 we did a Christmas/NYE b2b 6-day and 15-day from Singapore and the 15 day forward facing suite was just about 5,000pp so I can't imagine that this would be dramatically different in South America.

• Like 1

Haven prices have been crazy for a long time now (8 years). If you have been around you have seen them double in price.  Back in 2012 you could get a 2 bedroom Haven suite on Epic for $2300 pp.    They have doubled the price and the Haven still sells out. I see the Haven actually going up in price.

• Like 2

kirsten 1526:  yes, its a different cruise. you depart when we get back.

that being said, remember you are sailing through the holidays, and the prices always seem to go up for that period. 

regardless, if you go, have a great time and "bon voyage"

• Like 1

After reading this thread, I decided to do a mock booking for my Alaska sailing next year.

Glad I did - Haven dropped nearly $1000 and NCL quickly adjusted my fare for the difference (I had not yet submitted final payment). This brings the average to around $3500 pp before tax and fees. Not the best deal, but definitely better than what I'm seeing the Haven go for on other sailings. 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 5:16 PM, SireDoime said:

Yeah, I paid somewhere near that for my Club Balcony "Suite" for this upcoming Mexican Riveria/Panama Canal cruise in January. The most I ever paid for a cruise, and NCL isn't even close to a Luxury line, let alone a Premium line.

BUT, I paid for the 14 day itinerary, not the ship or "suite". Plus, the Bliss has fun amenities that Celebrity and Regent Seven Seas don't offer (no, they are not comparable to NCL, in my opinion).

But, I have now learned that NCL seems to not only NiCkLe and dime, but does a bit of price gouging. This is first time sailing with NCL.

Well, we only have sailed with NCL. Before the pandemic hit, we had a 21 day cruise on the Bliss for 1578 per person in a balcony to the Panama Canal. Imagine that. It was canceled of course and we took the FCC. There's no way we would spend 12 thousand dollars on a Balcony on NCL. We are used to taking transtatlantics and even those are over the roof. We are now doing land vacation, if anything. The next cruise we have planned is next November 2022, an Ocean view stateroom.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:18 AM, kirsten1526 said:

you should see the prices now for the transatlantic. I'm looking at a forward suite on the 14 day and it's 7700pp!!!!

I know isn't it ridiculous, it used to be transatlantics were the most economical, i guess people did not like those sea days. I remember paying 699 for a Balcony PP on an 18 day cruise, those days are definitely gone.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 5:09 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

There's no way we would spend 12 thousand dollars on a Balcony on NCL.

This was less than 10K, but since this was my first 14day, it seemed the least expensive, compared to other lines offering the same itinerary. But, you're I really shouldn't have this much, but I really only paid the cruise, not the line. And the Haven prices, as this thread states, were outrageous!!

Also, I just found out that NCL cut Nicaragua off the list of ports. I wanted do a Transatlantic or even Transpacific, but the prices were too much.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 4:13 PM, spanishguy1970 said:

I know isn't it ridiculous, it used to be transatlantics were the most economical, i guess people did not like those sea days. I remember paying 699 for a Balcony PP on an 18 day cruise, those days are definitely gone.

The Prima TA next year in an inside is $4,400 pp for 12 days.  Granted, all else is sold out.

People are buying used cars $7,000 over their value and paying over MSRP for new cars.  Nothing makes sense anymore.  When inflation hits, people usually slow down their buying.  However, everyone is standing in line to pay higher prices with no problem.  I see cruise prices going up too. I dont understand where everyone is getting this money 🤑

I was thinking about booking a cruise but decided on a new driveway instead.  The driveway will be around much longer than a week vacation 🤭

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

The Prima TA next year in an inside is $4,400 pp for 12 days.  Granted, all else is sold out.

I wonder if it will go down? We paid £4,500pp for our Haven on the inaugural voyage (granted we booked first day the itinerary was released).

We are considering upgrading to Haven on a late November TA cruise from Rome to New York. We have a just a balcony booked right now.

My concern is that we will lose a great deal of what is important - insofar as the pool/Courtyard has that open end area. 

Thoughts?