Haven Prices now crazy!

I think the conversation could be more poignant.

The reality is that Haven costs have gone up significantly since pre-COVID.   One can argue ebb and tide, over the weeks or months, but I have been watching Haven costs for the past 2 years (I'm an undercover spy).   

Haven costs have gone up since COVID quite significantly.   I'm sure that is part of their recovery plan.   I'm one of the ones who gets to contribute to that recovery plan.

However, I think it is irrelevant to debate if Haven costs have gone up or down the past couple / few months.  I really don't care.   So many of us have been sitting with credits (Haven or non-Haven), what do I care if you see fluctuations in prices that you have 100% ability to opt out of, whereas those who have credits are not only on a clock, but also have personal windows they can cruise.

Is the world upside down?

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:23 AM, david_sobe said:

I was thinking about booking a cruise but decided on a new driveway instead.  The driveway will be around much longer than a week vacation 🤭

I thought about repaving my driveway, but I just got it power washed instead. Now it looks new! (But a new one is still on the table).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SireDoime said:

I thought about repaving my driveway, but I just got it power washed instead. Now it looks new! (But a new one is still on the table).

My driveway needs repaving, too, but we're booking a Haven cabin.  Driveway can wait . . . forever, maybe.

Edited by Carnac767
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

I think the conversation could be more poignant.

The reality is that Haven costs have gone up significantly since pre-COVID.   One can argue ebb and tide, over the weeks or months, but I have been watching Haven costs for the past 2 years (I'm an undercover spy).   

Haven costs have gone up since COVID quite significantly.   I'm sure that is part of their recovery plan.   I'm one of the ones who gets to contribute to that recovery plan.

However, I think it is irrelevant to debate if Haven costs have gone up or down the past couple / few months.  I really don't care.   So many of us have been sitting with credits (Haven or non-Haven), what do I care if you see fluctuations in prices that you have 100% ability to opt out of, whereas those who have credits are not only on a clock, but also have personal windows they can cruise.

I’ve been booking Haven since 2013 when it appeared on BA for the first time. Back when you can call the upgrade desk and they quoted you a pretty reasonable upgrade cost to suck us in. After that I purchased straight away right through probably 2018. In 2019 the prices were just too much and I bailed. Now they’re 5 figures and we’ll into and up to 15k$ for 7ni. I’ve switched to other lines Ship within a Ship products since to include MSC and Celebrity. The prices have been on the rise steadily since 2013 and yes, a huge spike has occurred from 2019 to present. The ironic thing is, they are filling the Haven at jaw dropping capacities and in pretty short periods of time. I can’t tell you the sailings I’ve looked at and saw Sold Out for a Courtyard Haven on a BA class (not even BA+) for 10k$ for double occupancy. The other lines are following suit and selling the product at much higher price points as well. There seems to be a demand out there that’s able and willing to not put a cap on the value of the experience, as we have. In 2022 we have two 7ni sailings in Spa MiniSuites and Balconies on BA+ class, and with Vibe passes and the Spa passes, 6ni of specialty dining- were completely happy. The cost of those however, is what I used to pay for an Aft or Fwd Penthouse Haven suite in 2014. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlexCherie said:

We are considering upgrading to Haven on a late November TA cruise from Rome to New York. We have a just a balcony booked right now.

My concern is that we will lose a great deal of what is important - insofar as the pool/Courtyard has that open end area. 

Thoughts?

I would wait until after final payment date to upgrade. They will let you pay the difference and upgrade then. Plus prices are normally lower at that window 

Edited by kirsten1526
  • Like 2

Everyone's definition of what is 'normal' or 'high' will vary. But there are still deals to be found on Haven rooms. The price per day in this list is for 2 people. Our barometer of 'normal' is $500/person/day - so in our eyes, there are deals to be found if you know where to look.

image.thumb.png.36a63eed75dd91e914b6be7e596fc995.png

image.thumb.png.c3d6eeb857e27ab5c060fa01430b6932.png

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 7:54 AM, kirsten1526 said:

I wonder if it will go down? We paid £4,500pp for our Haven on the inaugural voyage (granted we booked first day the itinerary was released).

Maybe after final.  Not many rooms left.  The TA Haven sold out in 1.5 days.

• Like 1

When the Breakaway was new I only paid like $3000 for two in the haven.

It was one of the smaller cabins across from the restaurant 

I love the Haven.  But going over $6000 it’s just like you can do, three other cruises for that price. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Everyone's definition of what is 'normal' or 'high' will vary. But there are still deals to be found on Haven rooms. The price per day in this list is for 2 people. Our barometer of 'normal' is $500/person/day - so in our eyes, there are deals to be found if you know where to look.

image.thumb.png.36a63eed75dd91e914b6be7e596fc995.png

image.thumb.png.c3d6eeb857e27ab5c060fa01430b6932.png

Can I ask what website you used to make this chart?

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:26 AM, dexddd said:

The Prima TA next year in an inside is $4,400 pp for 12 days.  Granted, all else is sold out.

wow, crazy.  I paid that per person for that ship that cruise in a haven cabin

On 12/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, complawyer said:

that sounds to good to be true. at that price, 6X350 is only 2100. at that  price, id book the cabin for myself without the need for any other people.

Maybe they left off a digit. Sounds insanely cheap at that cost. 

On 12/12/2021 at 10:16 PM, MaryZ said:

wow, crazy.  I paid that per person for that ship that cruise in a haven cabin

We'll see you onboard.  We didn't pay much more either for a Haven on the TA.  Their systems sometimes work in our favor until they figure it out.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, GettotheSun said:

I really don't care.   So many of us have been sitting with credits (Haven or non-Haven), what do I care if you see fluctuations in prices that you have 100% ability to opt out of, whereas those who have credits are not only on a clock, but also have personal windows they can cruise.

Yea, I have FCC/deposits and I feel held captive by NCL's higher price. You perfectly voice how I feel. Right now, some of my princess cruises are cheaper than NCL, which shows how ridiculous NCL's pricing is. I don't like this feeling and I will never buy FCC/deposits from them again. 

We had always wanted to check out The Haven, but can't really justify the price increases.  We have a couple of NCL cruises coming up this year (both in balcony cabins).  We have been booking on Regent (we have two cruises booked on Regent) and Oceania (one) in the next couple of years. We suspect this is the way we will be going from now on, even if it means leaving some Cruise Next certificates on the table.  What we enjoy most on NCL is the specialty restaurants, sitting on our balcony and having a snack, the Observation Lounge, the spa, finding a quiet space to relax.  What we use a lot less of are the "bells and whistles" like the race tracks and the slides.  We were in a mini suite and found the layout a bit narrow, though overall it was a lovely cabin and a wonderful voyage.  It seems lines like Regent and Oceania may be more in tune with our interests and tastes, so, for now, we just don't see investing in The Haven and its ever-increasing prices, when NCL's sister lines seem to offer a better fit.

3 hours ago, ysolde said:

We had always wanted to check out The Haven, but can't really justify the price increases.  We have a couple of NCL cruises coming up this year (both in balcony cabins).  We have been booking on Regent (we have two cruises booked on Regent) and Oceania (one) in the next couple of years. We suspect this is the way we will be going from now on, even if it means leaving some Cruise Next certificates on the table.  What we enjoy most on NCL is the specialty restaurants, sitting on our balcony and having a snack, the Observation Lounge, the spa, finding a quiet space to relax.  What we use a lot less of are the "bells and whistles" like the race tracks and the slides.  We were in a mini suite and found the layout a bit narrow, though overall it was a lovely cabin and a wonderful voyage.  It seems lines like Regent and Oceania may be more in tune with our interests and tastes, so, for now, we just don't see investing in The Haven and its ever-increasing prices, when NCL's sister lines seem to offer a better fit.

Home for less than a few days from a great trip in a Haven 2 bedroom.   While we loved the experience,  there are a few big flaws for us:

-The Haven restaurant's never changing menu.  If the main dining room can have a few rotating items, why can't the premium restaurant. 

-inconsistentcy at the Haven restaurant.   Most dishes were amazing. Some not so much.  Best example was dinner one night where my wife and I both ordered surf and turf.  Both asked for the steaks to be medium.   Mine was perfect.  Her's was was a hockey pull, way over done and dry.

-there are no sugar free/no sugar added desserts in the Haven restaurant.   I know, it sounds petty but my wife is diabetic.   I emailed the Haven Concierge and the special dietary group weeks before sailing.   I included it in a letter that I handed to the butler and Concierge upon boarding.   And yet, EVERY restaurant on the ship, including the buffet, had an option EXCEPT the Haven.  On the first day, I even asked the waiter if they could go to another restaurant and get something and was told no.  It was resolved on the 2nd day but for the premium price this isn't something that should happen. 

We enjoy good food.  Because of the above,  we're going to try Oceania for our next couple of bookings. The pricing for a PH there is very comparable. 

1 hour ago, Yesimapirate said:

Home for less than a few days from a great trip in a Haven 2 bedroom.   While we loved the experience,  there are a few big flaws for us:

-The Haven restaurant's never changing menu.  If the main dining room can have a few rotating items, why can't the premium restaurant. 

-inconsistentcy at the Haven restaurant.   Most dishes were amazing. Some not so much.  Best example was dinner one night where my wife and I both ordered surf and turf.  Both asked for the steaks to be medium.   Mine was perfect.  Her's was was a hockey pull, way over done and dry.

-there are no sugar free/no sugar added desserts in the Haven restaurant.   I know, it sounds petty but my wife is diabetic.   I emailed the Haven Concierge and the special dietary group weeks before sailing.   I included it in a letter that I handed to the butler and Concierge upon boarding.   And yet, EVERY restaurant on the ship, including the buffet, had an option EXCEPT the Haven.  On the first day, I even asked the waiter if they could go to another restaurant and get something and was told no.  It was resolved on the 2nd day but for the premium price this isn't something that should happen. 

We enjoy good food.  Because of the above,  we're going to try Oceania for our next couple of bookings. The pricing for a PH there is very comparable. 

Chances are you'll enjoy Oceania.

We enjoy the PH on their larger ships.  The smaller ships have smaller.... everything, but some Oceania small ship aficionados swear by them.

The Riviera is really like one huge Haven.  Peaceful, lots of space, etc.  We like the spa deck on the Riviera, especially the therapy pool there.  The Marina doesn't have that.  Otherwise they are extremely similar. 

We would really love to get the Vista suite on those ships, with the forward view.  We LOVE forward views.  But the cost differential is hard to justify, because it's also costing more because of so much extra space, with rooms that we don't need and probably wouldn't use.

There is also a regular cabin with a forward view (between the Vista Suites), but we really do use and enjoy the services of the Butler once on Oceania, and there is no PH with a forward view.

It's especially useful if one wants extra evenings in particular specialty restaurants (more of a problem with full ships than nowadays perhaps).  "Worst case"... ask the butler to serve from that restaurant, en suite.  Yum.

And I doubt you'd have any trouble at all about the sugar free desserts.  They'll have them, or perhaps even make something special.  If a salt-free/etc., version of something is needed, they just need advance notice, especially if it's something like a soup, not made in individual portions from scratch.

OTOH, I'm rather surprised that the Haven didn't make that easier for you both...

We've never really used a butler anywhere else, even in hotels where there are some.  But on cruises, for whatever reason... yes indeed. 😉

ETA:  I forgot to add something I posted for you in the Oceania section:

We now sail on NCL only when there is a very special itinerary not available on other lines/etc., and we can get a top suite, orwhen we take the kids/grands, and then it's Haven.  They wouldn't enjoy Oceania as much, not yet... 😉

GC

Edited by GeezerCouple
  • Thanks 1

I’m looking at 12 day Panama Canal on the Pearl for Xmas/NY.  I though Haven might be nice.  It’s me and my 2 underage kids.  It was $36K.  It made the balcony at $10K seem reasonable.

What is irritating me is that I had the same itinerary booked for last xmas/NYE on Celebrity.  They were running kids under 17 are free.  I invited my sister to join us.  The cost for 2 adults/2 kids was $7500 in a concierge room.  Of course this didn’t include the “freebies” that are included in NCL.

Edited by CharmCity2000