Captains Circle Party and MTP Lunch

cactusrose

Based on recent Live from threads, they are having these events for the 7-day cruises but maybe not for the shorter Getaway cruises. Reported cutoffs for the MTP events have varied from the 200s to upper 400 day ranges & were lunches.

Edited by Astro Flyer

5 hours ago, DougH said:

Yes I was on the Majestic in Alaska and they were held. Only difference at the MTP lunch was no staff present at the tables. Captain greeted us at the door then left.

No captain, no staff, no appetizers? What actually happened at the party?

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on recent Live from threads, they are having these events for the 7-day cruises but maybe not for the shorter Getaway cruises. Reported cutoffs for the MTP events have varied from the 200s to upper 400 day ranges & were lunches.

We just got off the Grand with the short 5 and 4 day cruises.  We were on for 4 legs (3 5 day and 1 4 day).  All 3 5 day cruises had the MT luncheon and the 4 day gave the top 40 a complementary specialty dining.  All 4 had the captains cocktail party.  

On 10/15/2021 at 5:31 AM, 1965 said:

No captain, no staff, no appetizers? What actually happened at the party?

This was not the Captain Circle party but the most travelled luncheon for the top 40. Captain greeted at the door then we had a fantastic sit down lunch. We received the usual picture with the Captain. Pre Covid each table for 6 would have one of the higher rank officers sitting with you at y\our table. On my Alaska cruise the minimum # of days to attend was about 450.

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, CruzinNoony said:

We just got off the Grand with the short 5 and 4 day cruises.  We were on for 4 legs (3 5 day and 1 4 day).  All 3 5 day cruises had the MT luncheon and the 4 day gave the top 40 a complementary specialty dining.  All 4 had the captains cocktail party.  

Thanks…on Majestic sailing with you the cutoff was 561 days so we were just under 100 days short of being invited to the lunch.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, CruzinNoony said:

I was on the Grand for the 4 day Sept 30 and the 5 day Oct 4 sailing. My understanding is the policy for cruises 4 days or less, the top 10 are recognized with letter for a specialty dinner. 

Also many people think Top40, but it is the top20 and guest if applicable, by stateroom.

If the passengers in a stateroom have the same number of days, and they make the cutoff that counts as one position in the top20. If passenger2 in that cabin  is a newbie or has less number of days, they are irrelevant in determining top20, if passenger1 makes the cut. You would think in most cases passenger2 would be the guest of passenger1.

in the case of 2 unrelated passengers traveling in the same cabin, only the passenger with the highest number of days is used to qualify, they are not treated as solo and get to qualify as individuals.

Solo passengers making the cut are usually allowed to invite one guest to the luncheon. I have seen exceptions made, when the cocktail party is held instead of the luncheon and more than one guests is allowed.

in the past, for these shorter cruises(4 days or less), platinums and elites received a paper drink voucher, good for any drink under $12. In lieu of the Captain circle party.. This is no more. I do not believe the CCP (Captain Circle Party) for platinum and elites was held for the 4 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

We just got off the Ruby and the luncheon was held. I asked about cocktail parties on the previous (shorter) cruises and was told that all had been luncheons-The top couple had been on board for all cruises and they were staying aboard for a couple more. Captain came to event; said a few words and left.

On 11/23/2021 at 10:50 AM, MissP22 said:

I'm glad to hear that it hasn't been another cut eliminated to save money.

You can bet they are thinking double hard what they can eliminate under the guise of "covid" and never bring back.  Just don't take it out on the worker bees, but let senior staff know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

You can bet they are thinking double hard what they can eliminate under the guise of "covid" and never bring back.  Just don't take it out on the worker bees, but let senior staff know.

I'd never do that.

I'm still surprised that some of the other perks are still around- like laundry & the liquor setup.

On 11/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, MissP22 said:

I'd never do that.

I'm still surprised that some of the other perks are still around- like laundry & the liquor setup.

It's called "Muntzing". Muntz sold simple electronics, TVs and steroes back in the 50s and 60s.  Basically, he would remove components and if it didn't change the picture or sound, he left it out.

That's what the cruise lines are doing.  If they can remove something and still sell cabins, they'll do it.

Remember the barrel chairs?