Half Price Cruise Vacations to First Responders & Medical Professionals Honoring Their Heroism & Public Service

Astro Flyer

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I have an email in to our PVP requesting that PPlus be 'added' to our current 50% off promotional rate 'Savers Fare' at a rate of $40 per person per day - to be paid by FCC and also knowing our Insurance will increase accordingly ... we'll see as our PVP does not work weekends.

If our PVP states this can not be done, I will personally escalate this ( I gave the PVP first chance ) thru a random agent on the telephone line, CHAT, and a customer service rep.

This is one thing about Princess ... it very much does matter who you 'talk' to about issues, and if that person tries to work with you thru customer service ( CSR ) or simply states "it can't be done" - which in this case it does seem like that "Savers Fare" is the promotional rate, not Princess Plus

Correct.  PP wasn't even an option when I booked my promotional fare.  I was successful using "chat" getting PP added, though it took awhile. but a shorter time than being on hold on the phone.

9 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Correct.  PP wasn't even an option when I booked my promotional fare.  I was successful using "chat" getting PP added, though it took awhile. but a shorter time than being on hold on the phone.

well, PPlus "was" an option on our cruise ... at $ 90 per person per day over the stated "Savers Fare" discounted pricing ...

Princess ...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

I have an email in to our PVP requesting that PPlus be 'added' to our current 50% off promotional rate 'Savers Fare' at a rate of $40 per person per day - to be paid by FCC and also knowing our Insurance will increase accordingly ... we'll see as our PVP does not work weekends.

If our PVP states this can not be done, I will personally escalate this ( I gave the PVP first chance ) thru a random agent on the telephone line, CHAT, and a customer service rep.

This is one thing about Princess ... it very much does matter who you 'talk' to about issues, and if that person tries to work with you thru customer service ( CSR ) or simply states "it can't be done" - which in this case it does seem like that "Savers Fare" is the promotional rate, not Princess Plus

I'm pretty sure that the email said it is good on the Savers Fare, and the Plus package can be added for $40 a day.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, flying fingers said:

Still no email. Calling did not help. I'm done. Very disappointed in Princess. Maybe cutting off my nose to spite my face but I'm about to book a cruise I have been looking at on another line. 

Go to this link, and it will let you search for the discounted cruises.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/results?date=1021,1121,1221,0122,0222

I signed into my account at the Princess website, and was able to book a courtesy hold on a cruise(which I have since booked) even before finding the email that they sent. The email was in my "Promotions" folder in gmail; it might be somewhere else depending on your mail system. But again, I was able to book without using that email. I hope you can also.

Sean

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, flying fingers said:

Still no email. Calling did not help. I'm done. Very disappointed in Princess. Maybe cutting off my nose to spite my face but I'm about to book a cruise I have been looking at on another line. 

Don't give up...you have until 12/31 to book.

• Like 1

I called Princess yesterday, 11/6/21, and spoke with a representative and a supervisor. I was told the department that is handling the promotion is delayed in getting out all of the Emails. I was also told I could go ahead and book the cruise I was looking at and then once I get my Email I could send a copy of the promotion and my verification Emails in order to have the promotion applied to the booking. Normally this would be okay, but the cruise is past the final payment date, so we'd have to pay in full and then have them refund the 50%, which just sounds a bit complicated.  There are still plenty of cabins on the cruise we want,  so I think I will give it a few more days and see if the Email arrives. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, northwestbear said:

I called Princess yesterday, 11/6/21, and spoke with a representative and a supervisor. I was told the department that is handling the promotion is delayed in getting out all of the Emails. I was also told I could go ahead and book the cruise I was looking at and then once I get my Email I could send a copy of the promotion and my verification Emails in order to have the promotion applied to the booking. Normally this would be okay, but the cruise is past the final payment date, so we'd have to pay in full and then have them refund the 50%, which just sounds a bit complicated.  There are still plenty of cabins on the cruise we want,  so I think I will give it a few more days and see if the Email arrives. 

I'm with you...I would wait too!

On 11/6/2021 at 11:12 PM, donswife said:

I'm pretty sure that the email said it is good on the Savers Fare, and the Plus package can be added for $40 a day.

Yes, I saw that, too.  However, when I called to add it I was told it wasn't allowed.  But then she told me she could bundle the drinks, tips, wifi and it would be a total cost of $288 pp.  🤷‍♀️ I jumped on that, lol.

1 minute ago, HappilyEverAft-ers said:

Yes, I saw that, too.  However, when I called to add it I was told it wasn't allowed.  But then she told me she could bundle the drinks, tips, wifi and it would be a total cost of $288 pp.  🤷‍♀️ I jumped on that, lol.

How many days?

13 minutes ago, Grover_ said:

Anyone else still waiting for the email? 😕

Yep.. never got mine.  It doesn't matter though.  I'm already booked and fully paid for Sky in December and Ruby in February.  No chance I could use the offer anyway.   But it's sad to see how badly Princess failed on this one.   

22 minutes ago, Grover_ said:

Anyone else still waiting for the email? 😕

Never got mine. But I already have a fully paid for cruise on the Majestic leaving December 22.  I did email my PVP to see if she can apply the discount to it, but haven't heard back yet.

10 hours ago, cnamenek said:

Yup, was told via chat today they are still sending them so I will wait a few more days before I break down and call.

The problem is you will still have to call to add the Princess Plus if you want it. 

13 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Yep.. never got mine.  It doesn't matter though.  I'm already booked and fully paid for Sky in December and Ruby in February.  No chance I could use the offer anyway.   But it's sad to see how badly Princess failed on this one.   

I’m not sure I would say they failed.  You can always log into your account and see and book the reduced fares.  

I never received the email from Princess however I did apply and was verified before Oct. 31. Yesterday I was able to use the first responders rate.  Had an 8day Caribbean cruise booked, and was able to cancel that and rebook it for 16 days for an additional 162.00 dollars per person.  I was signed in looking at other cruises and saw some outrageously low prices, turns out it was the first responders rate.  It took a ton of patience on hold in order to do this, but certainly worth it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, topspot said:

I never received the email from Princess however I did apply and was verified before Oct. 31. Yesterday I was able to use the first responders rate.  Had an 8day Caribbean cruise booked, and was able to cancel that and rebook it for 16 days for an additional 162.00 dollars per person.  I was signed in looking at other cruises and saw some outrageously low prices, turns out it was the first responders rate.  It took a ton of patience on hold in order to do this, but certainly worth it.

Yay!  So glad it worked out for you!