Half Price Cruise Vacations to First Responders & Medical Professionals Honoring Their Heroism & Public Service

Astro Flyer

Got the email ... placed a booking "on courtesy hold" ... some remaining FCC automagically applied to cruise fare.  Saver Fare - so may try to contact PVP to see if we can 'move some OBC from a future cruise to this one ... which some of that OBC was generated by the previous medical responders promotion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

did the 'no email yet' posters enter the "contest" a couple of weeks ago by email sent from Princess ?

Entered well before 10/31 deadline, sent in copy of license, rec’d verification email, also was given number to call if email not rec’d. 
We’ll see! 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, voljeep said:

did the 'no email yet' posters enter the "contest" a couple of weeks ago by email sent from Princess ?

I entered via the Princess website on Oct 20th. I didn't get an email about the contest from Princess. 

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Got the email ... placed a booking "on courtesy hold" ... some remaining FCC automagically applied to cruise fare.  Saver Fare - so may try to contact PVP to see if we can 'move some OBC from a future cruise to this one ... which some of that OBC was generated by the previous medical responders promotion.

I'd like to hear more about the previous medical responders promotion. There was another one before this? Wow, missed that

8 minutes ago, USC Sailor said:

I entered via the Princess website on Oct 20th. I didn't get an email about the contest from Princess. 

I'd like to hear more about the previous medical responders promotion. There was another one before this? Wow, missed that

'exactly one year ago today' 11/4/20 - my wife got "verified" thru Sheer ID.  the promotion , as I remember, was to add OBC ( maybe based on cruise length ) to an existing or future cruise within certain dates ... but nothing like this current promotion, which does have a cutoff sail date February 2022 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cheezenip said:

OK, not panicking yet but getting concerned. There are still some of us who haven't received e-mail. Like others, I signed up and got verified way before deadline ended. So strange.

I have Not received anything  I tried calling Princess but they said there is nothing I can do. I have the email confirming I was verified first responder. Feeling frustrated but I guess they are offering to just a select few ??? wonder if it matters what job you do as a first responder??? I just feel frustrated that I got my hopes up 😞

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

i submitted everything, got a reply on 10/20/21 from SheerID verification: 

Congratulations!

We verified your eligibility for the special offer you requested.

nothing after it

13 hours ago, suzyed said:

You have to sail before February 2022....so if your cruises are before that maybe they will reduce it. Let us know how you make out.

I agree with you.  This is the first time that I have experienced nurses getting a nice deal like this...it's usually EMTs or Firefighters who certainly deserve it but nurses have been in the trenches during this whole pandemic and I for one really appreciate it!
I booked directly with Princess (for the first time) to get this deal and the rep I dealt with was A-MAZING and very knowledgeable!  I'm happy!

Thank you to all the nurses out there. I ❤️you gals (and guys). What you do is under recognized and under appreciated. 

Our oldest granddaughter is an RN and works long hard hours. We love her dearly and have the utmost respect for the entire community!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kay.redmann said:

I have Not received anything  I tried calling Princess but they said there is nothing I can do. I have the email confirming I was verified first responder. Feeling frustrated but I guess they are offering to just a select few ??? wonder if it matters what job you do as a first responder??? I just feel frustrated that I got my hopes up 😞

We all need to stay positive. Yesterday, I called twice after someone here posted they received the email promotion. The 2nd person I got was VERY helpful and spent 45 min with me making calls to different departments finding out what was going on. THey pretty much gave her "canned" answers that I have to "wait". She was also frustrated as she sensed no one really knew what was going on. What I learned from this experience is that it's pretty dysfunctional the way Princess has set-up their organization. I'm guessing they have some small department that is handling this promo and they have an obscure (likely inefficient) way of doing things and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I'm hoping we'll all get the email eventually - if not, this is going to be a public relations disaster that will haunt them (wIth a new leader that's the last thing he wants on his hand). Maybe I'm naive and this is just me trying to explain things away. Let's keep everyone in the loop and communicate whether we end up getting that coveted email promo offer or not!!

Edited by cheezenip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The promo details state the following:

One grand-prize winner will be randomly drawn and notified on November 1, 2021, after the entry period has closed. If you did not win the sweepstakes you will be notified via email within the fist week of November with an offer for 50% off your next cruise.

I expect we will get the emails by Monday, November 8th.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

I doubled checked to make sure I wasn’t imagining things, found my confirmation email. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.🤞

0EFF7E84-FB7E-4464-A5BB-3D5A1C509DD0.jpeg

• Like 1

If you were verified you may already be able to apply the discount, even without an email.

I received a call from my Princess vacation planner yesterday, about this offer. I said I'd heard about an email that would go out, and she said she would sent it to me.

Email(excerpt)

As your Princess Cruise Vacation Planner, I am excited to share with you savings for all that you do. Book your cruise and save 50% of cruise fares for our most popular voyages sailing this year and through February 2022. Have fun in the sun on the Mexican Riviera, Hawaii or the Caribbean. See the beauty of the California Coast or travel through the engineering marvel that is the Panama Canal. Select your voyage to enjoy a well deserved vacation and take advantage of these savings. Call me today with your desired preferences to receive this offer. 

There was not any link to a particular page, just a note to follow at the Princess social media page.

So I just went to the Princess site.

Logging into my account at the Princess website.

Regal 7 day western Caribbean, solo traveler rate:

599 interior

719 obstructed balcony

799 balcony

809 obstructed balcony deluxe

899 balcony deluxe

1840 premium deluxe balcony

2198 minisuite

Same cruise, but in incognito mode and not logging into the site, just visiting, solo traveler rate:

1278 interior

1510 obstructed balcony

1678 balcony

1690 obstructed balcony deluxe

1878 balcony deluxe

2132 premium deluxe balcony

2398 minisuite

Hope this helps.

Go for it!

Sean

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

I have some OBC from the previous medical deal...wonder if they will move it to this sailing since they cancelled the cruise that it was applied to?  

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

'exactly one year ago today' 11/4/20 - my wife got "verified" thru Sheer ID.  the promotion , as I remember, was to add OBC ( maybe based on cruise length ) to an existing or future cruise within certain dates ... but nothing like this current promotion, which does have a cutoff sail date February 2022 

The other one appears to have a cut off too.  Mine was applied to a sailing on the Discovery that was cancelled.  And it still sits in my account but the exp. date is before our next cruise.