Celebrity 2 Day Testing

davidmaveng

Testing for the 2 day limit places the passengers at a great disadvantage, as one of the days is Thanksgiving, and the testing sites are closed leaving 1 day to get tested, I believe the testing time should be expanded to the 3 day limit for this sailing, fellow comments appriciated to let Celebrity have feedback.

My friends and I were booked on the 1/3 Equinox sailing, which meant testing had to be done either January 1 or 2.  I found a few places that tested on January 1, but were closing by 1pm due to the holiday.  With a flight arriving at 11:30am, that would be impossible.  I had better luck finding a CVS close to our hotel that would test on Sunday, January 2, but that was really cutting it close!  We ended up switching our cruise to a mid-week day so we could be tested before leaving home.

I agree that exceptions to the two-day limit should be made.

If you order the BinaxNow test kits it is a easy process and the proctors for doing the test are available 24/7.  We did this for our current sailing and the time  from logging on to the site to having our test results was 26 minutes.  Extremely easy, you can do the test from anywhere you have a internet connection.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 2

Bought the test kits and plan to test early am on the 27th. We then will drive two days to get down to Ft Lauderdale.  Have antigen test scheduled on Thursday evening just in case we have a problem with the Bionex Now emed test kits at home on Wednesday.  Ship leaves Friday the 29th

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, carbon said:

Bought the test kits and plan to test early am on the 27th. We then will drive two days to get down to Ft Lauderdale.  Have antigen test scheduled on Thursday evening just in case we have a problem with the Bionex Now emed test kits at home on Wednesday.  Ship leaves Friday the 29th

Carbon,

Off topic...greetings from Schaumburg!

1 hour ago, davidmaveng said:

Testing for the 2 day limit places the passengers at a great disadvantage, as one of the days is Thanksgiving, and the testing sites are closed leaving 1 day to get tested, I believe the testing time should be expanded to the 3 day limit for this sailing, fellow comments appriciated to let Celebrity have feedback.

1 hour ago, lola2013 said:

My friends and I were booked on the 1/3 Equinox sailing, which meant testing had to be done either January 1 or 2.  I found a few places that tested on January 1, but were closing by 1pm due to the holiday.  With a flight arriving at 11:30am, that would be impossible.  I had better luck finding a CVS close to our hotel that would test on Sunday, January 2, but that was really cutting it close!  We ended up switching our cruise to a mid-week day so we could be tested before leaving home.

I agree that exceptions to the two-day limit should be made.

https://fasttestnow.com/index.php

its open 7 days of the week including the holidays

6 minutes ago, davidmaveng said:

BinaxNow test kits on their website states not for travel, will celebrity accept this test?

IF you purchase the "proctored" test, the one that is supervised over smart phone or computer video, you're good.  You don't want the less expensive kits.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davidmaveng said:

BinaxNow test kits on their website states not for travel, will celebrity accept this test?

NO --- More expensive proctored tests only as they would have no way to verify you took the test and passed.    One additional warning.   The cheaper tests have 2 tests inside the ones you buy for Proctored only have one and many report missing items so order additional ones just in case. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

There are many entries on CC detailing missing vials of activator so we went with the three pack.  After flying to San Diego to board the Millennium, we tested that evening. The monitoring was efficient if a bit difficult to understand given the accent and speakers on the iPad.  We received the results immediately followed by an email within half an hour.  The next day they were on the Florida Department of Health app.  Printed out the emails and showed them along with our vax card and passport.  That was it for displaying documentation.  I believe the two days before is a US government requirement.  X defines it as two days prior to sailing, not counting the day of sailing.  

11 hours ago, davidmaveng said:

Your test package must state it is RX (proctored) to be accepted by Celebrity.  $69.95 for 2tests Received mine  from Celebrity website. Arrived very quickly go online to  www Emed.com  . abbott-binaxNOW 

On 10/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, jelayne said:

If you order the BinaxNow test kits it is a easy process and the proctors for doing the test are available 24/7.  We did this for our current sailing and the time  from logging on to the site to having our test results was 26 minutes.  Extremely easy, you can do the test from anywhere you have a internet connection.

Can  you do this using a IPhone or IPad?   How do you connect for them to watch you?   I have never used video chat.

thanks 

Happy cruising 😕🚢🇺🇸🌅