LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

Someone asked about the Seawalk. It is basically a bump out with glass inserts; not a separate structure. I took a picture looking up from the dock, as well as a picture on the deck. And, yes, I’ve realized I keep holding my phone upside down because I am a lefty 🙂

B94B2478-473E-4C05-AC6C-FA320174146C.jpeg

58283714-2989-4F02-8F27-ABEF8EB12884.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

Greetings! We are sailing away from curaçao on our way to Aruba. We’ve been having rain most days, and today was no exception. However, my sister and I had a great day in port. We took a cab to the Curaçao Sea Aquarium ($25 each way) and really enjoyed it. We did the Ocean Lens experience:  “Can’t snorkel but you’re just aching to explore the wonders of the deep anyway? Then the Ocean Lens experience is the ultimate experience for you! Climb down 19 steps into a 17 foot (5.2 meter) deep chamber with a large window, called the Ocean Lens, through which you gaze out into the sea. Lie down on comfortable cushions and observe a magnificent abundance of colors and fish before you.” It was very cool! 

Tonight we finally had a big sail away party on deck! The band Static (who are fantastic!) were joined by the steel drum player and members of the Princess Band for a “Caribbean Heat” party. Lots of folks attended and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting Mo Jito, cant wait for my 11.30 sailing.  Did you happen to stop by the adjoining beach and,  if so, what did you think? We would be looking for chairs and some shade. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

10 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

Someone asked about the Seawalk. It is basically a bump out with glass inserts; not a separate structure. I took a picture looking up from the dock, as well as a picture on the deck. And, yes, I’ve realized I keep holding my phone upside down because I am a lefty 🙂

B94B2478-473E-4C05-AC6C-FA320174146C.jpeg

58283714-2989-4F02-8F27-ABEF8EB12884.jpeg

It was me who asked. Thanks so much!  
I assume its the same on both sides. 

loving this thread!!!!  Thanks 

On 11/16/2021 at 4:48 PM, macaroni said:

Car rental in Curaçao…..

rented a car today and had a great day driving around the Island, stopping to snorkel, swim at different beaches and seeing the flamingos.

it was wonderful!

Where did you rent a car?   We checked the Avis web site (they used to have a small office right at the Mega Pier) and it indicated that the office has been closed since September.

Hank

A question about the hairdryers in the cabin: my wife wants to know if they are secured in a drawer ( like many are ) or are they unsecured in the bathroom cabinet below or also in a drawer by the mirror where one can sit & put on make up?  Thanks...loving the reports!!

Big Al

On 11/14/2021 at 9:30 PM, macaroni said:

A little more info…..our waiter tonight told us that the next cruise will have about 1200 passengers and then come December there will be 2000 onboard.

also…have to say that the main dining room has had excellent food….the beef has been better than the Crown Grill in our opinion, plus the shrimp dishes have been excellent. Had a delicious goat cheese soufflé as an appetizer tonight. 

No escargot on the formal night, we had a breaded escargot at Sur Le Mare specialty restaurant which I wasn’t thrilled with, it was ok, but I prefer the traditional one.

has been a great trip so far!

I spoke to my PVP a few days ago.  We will be sailing on Dec. 10 and she said that 25% of cabins would be put aside for possible quarantine purposes, so 200 for December sounds about right.  Thank you for all this information!!!!!

7 minutes ago, jangor said:

I spoke to my PVP a few days ago.  We will be sailing on Dec. 10 and she said that 25% of cabins would be put aside for possible quarantine purposes, so 2000 for December sounds about right.  Thank you for all this information!!!!!

3 hours ago, big al said:

A question about the hairdryers in the cabin: my wife wants to know if they are secured in a drawer ( like many are ) or are they unsecured in the bathroom cabinet below or also in a drawer by the mirror where one can sit & put on make up?  Thanks...loving the reports!!

Big Al

Never seen an unsecured hairdryer in any of the balcony and below cabins we have stayed.  There is usually a "desk and chair" with a mirror that could be used when applying makeup.  I use the full length mirror with a small magnifying mirror I attach to the full length mirror.  Only way for me to see to put on any type makeup.  I have seen some dryers in a drawer and some attached to the wall by the "desk"

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Where did you rent a car?   We checked the Avis web site (they used to have a small office right at the Mega Pier) and it indicated that the office has been closed since September.

Hank

Advanced car rental….met us at the port….includes a gps with all of the sirs/beaches listed. He was waiting for us when we got off.

• Thanks 1

For you International travellers, would you please provide the process of getting tested prior to your flight home. Secondly, how long does it take to get your test results. Princess indicated that you get tested after you collect your luggage. There is an area set aside for testing at the Port. 

Any detail information would be much appreciated.

Thank you

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

This only appears on the protocols for transatlantic cruises the protocols for US based cruises is different

I would be grateful if the Original Poster of the thread (Mo Jito) would respond with their actual observation on whether "Sip and Cover" is being enforced in larger, spaced out lounges like Crooners.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, mtfasls said:

Have there been any production shows, from the Patters I have seen I haven’t noticed any?

Yes, there were two production shows - Fives Skies and Rock Opera. Five Skies had a technical issue on the first night, so stopped after about 10 minutes. They rescheduled it and I did not see it, but people who did go really enjoyed it. Rock Opera was tonight and it was excellent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

I would be grateful if the Original Poster of the thread (Mo Jito) would respond with their actual observation on whether "Sip and Cover" is being enforced in larger, spaced out lounges like Crooners.

I haven’t been to Crooners, but I have observed very mixed compliance from passengers in other lounges. Staff will remind passengers at the start of any entertainment that the rule is to sip and cover,  but I have not seen any enforcement. My party is diligent in complying, and we try to avoid sitting near people who aren’t complying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Tonight’s menu (second formal night). Escargot and lobster tails for those who were wondering if they were offered. We had a table near the window in Almafi at the very aft of the ship and saw a lovely sunset tonight. Also for enquiring minds, lots of people dressed up - including some tuxes.

DF8EBC4D-E618-4BB0-81C2-A66661E3D30A.jpeg

11FD6634-E462-4F73-B65E-9B8D6DBA6637.jpeg

5C93C9EC-797A-4DCF-BF93-ED08E307E7DE.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

I haven’t been to Crooners, but I have observed very mixed compliance from passengers in other lounges. Staff will remind passengers at the start of any entertainment that the rule is to sip and cover,  but I have not seen any enforcement. My party is diligent in complying, and we try to avoid sitting near people who aren’t complying. 

So they are requiring "Sip & Cover" on the Enchanted Princess at this time..........Have you just seen this in the Main Theater? Or at any lounge area within the ship?

I ask because this practice seems reasonable to my wife and I in areas that have row style seating (Main Theater, Vista Lounge) with no social distance possible.

But would be too much for our liking in lounge areas that offer comparable social distancing between guests as the dining room, where there's no such requirement. 

Edited by Scotto97

4 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

So they are requiring "Sip & Cover" on the Enchanted Princess at this time..........Have you just seen this in the Main Theater? Or at any lounge area within the ship?

I ask because this practice seems reasonable to my wife and I in areas that have row style seating (Main Theater, Vista Lounge) with no social distance possible.

But would be too much for our liking in lounge areas that offer comparable social distancing between guests as the dining room, where there's no such requirement. 

"Sip and Cover" has been clearly  stated as a requirement on all sailings 10 or more nights on the Princess site. Compliance and enforcement are of course different......

Sounds like OP observed mixed compliance and minimal enforcement on this sailing (which was 10 nights).  

• Like 1