LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

On 11/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, Mo Jito said:

Sneak peak for tomorrow’s Patter 🙂 We’ve booked ship’s tours in St. Thomas, but you are allowed to explore on your own. Really looking forward to my first scuba excursion!

DDA63307-FBFE-4CB6-8E11-91F65833D83E.jpeg

79DC969C-1674-4782-9DEF-F3199FBD24F0.jpeg

Hi, Fellow diver here. Will be cruising soon on Enchanted Princess. Curious to know how your ship sponsored dive excursion in St. Thomas went. Thank You.

10 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Fyi, we were just on the Majestic.  The TV's had an accessible HDMI port, but there was no way to change the input to HDMI.  

We had to stream (Netflix, Hulu, Spectrum) on our tablet.

Thx.  Interested in Enchanted princess since going on next month

Thanks for this thread.  We are on the next sailing and you've already answered most of my questions.  One more please--how many outlets are there in the cabin?  With all we have to keep charged anymore, phones, tablet, camera batteries, I wondered if we should bring an adapter or will there be enough outlets?

Thanks,

Kathy

Masks?  

I’ve only sailed on Celebrity post pandemic and been more than pleased with every aspect of cruising post pandemic on Celebrity !  NO MASKS required anywhere onboard for vaccinated guests!  I booked a March, 2022 Enchanted cruise before the pandemic and am praying that Princess will follow Celebrity’s protocol and DROP the mask requirement for vaccinated guests!   My husband loves to dance and will hate doing so with a mask  on.  I recently saw a Club 6 photo on CC of people dancing without masks.  I hope this is the case on board. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, big al said:

We are sailing the Enchanted Feb. 28th, '22...hoping the mask rules will be eliminated by then..they probably will since numbers have fallen except for the midwest now...thanks for all the feedback...would LOVE to know what beers are on tap ( not bottled!!) at the bars..thanks!!

Big Al

No masks for vaccinated guests , please ,like Celebrity that is doing  an excellent job post-pandemic!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CruisinCadie said:

Thanks for this thread.  We are on the next sailing and you've already answered most of my questions.  One more please--how many outlets are there in the cabin?  With all we have to keep charged anymore, phones, tablet, camera batteries, I wondered if we should bring an adapter or will there be enough outlets?

Thanks,

Kathy

You need an extension or some sort of multi-plug as you mostly get just one N.A. outlet to plug things in.  Its European style behind the bed and night tables, so you would need an adaptor and multi-plug to also accommodate the lamps.

Make you bring an outlet bar/extension that it NOT surge protected.  Surge protectors are not allowed.

23 hours ago, back to the islands said:

I guess there are no deck parties. I loved the Love Boat themed deck party. Seems like since it’s outdoor it would be safe to have.🤷‍♀️ Let us know how the food is. I hope there is escargot! On our Christmas cruise 2 years ago on Pacific Princess (love the small ship) they did not serve it on our 14 day cruise. 

There was a sail away deck party scheduled, but it was canceled due to rain. There has been live music on the pool deck.

Food has been good, but I haven’t been “wowed” by it. We didn’t go to MDR on formal night, so not sure if escargot was offered.

4 hours ago, CruiseKing said:

Hi, Fellow diver here. Will be cruising soon on Enchanted Princess. Curious to know how your ship sponsored dive excursion in St. Thomas went. Thank You.

Sadly, St. Thomas dive was canceled. Excursion desk said it was due to “insurance issues”. I ended up doing a really nice snorkel excursion to Buck Island with a stop at Honeymoon Beach where the boat anchored just off the beach so we could jump in and swim or snorkel, with all the rum punch and canned soda we wanted. It was a great day!

• Like 1

We’ve been enjoying the trivia and other games shows with the cruise director’s staff. They don’t expressly forbid different parties from teaming up, but it does seem like mostly people who are together make their own teams, so many small teams. Guests were allowed to remove their mask when participating in the “Yes/No” game show (I won!) because we were at least 6 feet away from anyone.

Fellow guests have been overall friendly and pleasant. I think we are all very grateful to be cruising again!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mo Jito said:

Sadly, St. Thomas dive was canceled. Excursion desk said it was due to “insurance issues”. I ended up doing a really nice snorkel excursion to Buck Island with a stop at Honeymoon Beach where the boat anchored just off the beach so we could jump in and swim or snorkel, with all the rum punch and canned soda we wanted. It was a great day!

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Buck Island area is nice. Dove there several times.

Thank you Mo Jito for all the great info.  We're on the Sky in less than 3 weeks, and looking at your dailies has gotten me very excited for our cruise.  Please keep posting as I'm living vicariously through you right now!

6 hours ago, CruisinCadie said:

Thanks,

Kathy

There are two (3prong) US outlets and one USB each bedside lamp.  Plus several outlets for various other countries.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:24 AM, Buckeye10640 said:

Understood. We have gotten caught on this as well with the soft drink package. Husband likes no caffeine in the evening and wanted a diet caffeine free drink. They had diet sprite but only in cans and we had to pay for it. I had hoped maybe the beverage package would include this but no....  Sure wish they make one caffeine free diet soft drink available. 

You can also get soda water. That's my go-to at many places.

A little more info…..our waiter tonight told us that the next cruise will have about 1200 passengers and then come December there will be 2000 onboard.

also…have to say that the main dining room has had excellent food….the beef has been better than the Crown Grill in our opinion, plus the shrimp dishes have been excellent. Had a delicious goat cheese soufflé as an appetizer tonight. 

No escargot on the formal night, we had a breaded escargot at Sur Le Mare specialty restaurant which I wasn’t thrilled with, it was ok, but I prefer the traditional one.

has been a great trip so far!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, macaroni said:

Also…meant to say……our waiter also told us that the first couple to board the ship were upgraded to one of the nicest suites on the ship…..how nice was that!

yeah, I saw the video on that on YouTube.  Here it is in case you'd like to see it:

23 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You need an extension or some sort of multi-plug as you mostly get just one N.A. outlet to plug things in.  Its European style behind the bed and night tables, so you would need an adaptor and multi-plug to also accommodate the lamps.

Make you bring an outlet bar/extension that it NOT surge protected.  Surge protectors are not allowed.

I recently purchased an inexpensive USB hub, which I can plug up to 4 or 5 USB devices into, but only uses one regular electrical outlet.  It's not a surge protector, so it's allowed. Also, they don't take up much room at all, which is much better than a power strip.  Just an idea.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ldyandrea said:

I recently purchased an inexpensive USB hub, which I can plug up to 4 or 5 USB devices into, but only uses one regular electrical outlet.  It's not a surge protector, so it's allowed. Also, they don't take up much room at all, which is much better than a power strip.  Just an idea.

I did the same for my last cruise - ship legal and I plan to bring along again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ldyandrea said:

yeah, I saw the video on that on YouTube.  Here it is in case you'd like to see it:

Thanks for posting this.  Wish the audio had been better but did hear they were given the Sky Suite.  What a fantastic deal.  Does anyone know how they selected this couple?

• Like 1