LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

30 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

From what I've read on other boards they have a small area blocked off that you can shop and maybe the museum, but I'm not sure on that. Other than maybe a block you cannot wander on your own.

coo359a2, we are also on the Dec. 20 and I'm glad to see the letter. From everything I have read on other boards it sounded like Dominica is currently the only port that we may be visiting with such stringent protocols since Grenada was removed as a port.

Thank you, kikiw!

Most Princess ships are too large to dock downtown, so visiting the museum is out of the question. They generally dock at the industrial dock some distance from downtown. Perhaps the straw market in the dock warehouse is open there.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:49 PM, DHP1 said:

I was told by Princess you won’t be able to get off the boat and walk around unless you are with a guided tour operator. The Countries you will be visiting all stated that you must be tested prior to entry.

Be interested to see what happens with your cruise. I wonder how many guests are aware of this. 

All the best and enjoy your trip. I will be watching the Port Everglades webcam for your departure. 
In 3 months we will be on this ship..

Of our destinations  only Dominica doesn't  allow independent  tours. 

4 hours ago, back to the islands said:

From what I've read on other boards they have a small area blocked off that you can shop and maybe the museum, but I'm not sure on that. Other than maybe a block you cannot wander on your own.

coo359a2, we are also on the Dec. 20 and I'm glad to see the letter. From everything I have read on other boards it sounded like Dominica is currently the only port that we may be visiting with such stringent protocols since Grenada was removed as a port.

Thank you, kikiw!

We had already booked a Princess tour for Dominica so think we are lucky (for now) to be able to walk around on the other islands.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:25 PM, DHP1 said:

Refer to my thread #20. Princess did state that you have to get re-test (PCR Test) prior to getting off the ship to walk around on your own. Most Countries state the test has to be completed within 3 days of arrival.  However, I never did ask Princess who pays for the extra testing. I’m assuming you would. I don’t know.  
Can you found out for us?  If there is a cost, how much?

The info Princess  gave us  on this cruise  doesn't  say anything  about retests.

22 hours ago, lkng4brain said:

Please post all requirements during sailing...I.E. - mask policy, ports, dining, buffet, entertainment, etc. We will be on enchanted in March 2022.

Thank You

On this cruise lounges require "sip and cover" , wearing masks except when you are taking a drink.  Things  will probably  change by the time of your  cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

On the Sky Princess there are blue and white striped decorative hot air balloons outside of the Bistro.  Can someone let me know if they are on the Enchanted as well?  I think they are so pretty.

No balloons,  but a very pretty decorative glass hanging. I’ll try to post a picture tomorrow.

We are in one of the “sideways” inside cabins. The shower seems bigger than on Grand Class ships (this is our first Royal class). There’s a shelf in the shower where you can leave shampoos and such, or use as a footrest for leg shaving. You can adjust the height of the shower head, and use as handheld. Great water pressure. The shower curtain seems thicker than on other ships and seems to stay in place (no clinging!) No bar soap; gel in shower and liquid pump soap at sink. Large pump of lotion at sink.

5A6FA5AD-9B0F-4314-B803-861B5330B9CB.jpeg

AA58FAA6-1B59-4775-BC99-C0EAE93B35B4.jpeg

0CEF3D57-703E-4CB2-86AE-D03B665C67AE.jpeg

B25F4E01-A91D-414D-91EE-81B1D32BF8DE.jpeg

29C19D60-22D7-4C09-B2F2-8824347E0577.jpeg

E9EC8A50-BA7E-4815-B7E5-977BA1DD015A.jpeg

63D69461-6A8D-4D38-BA7F-4113B6C0E48E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don’t know why some pictures are upside down- sorry about that! 
other random info:

We had one blue Princess tote in the closet. 
We asked our steward for paper Patters and have been receiving them each evening.

Temperature on board has been cool in most venues - very chilly in Princess Live in particular.

Staff exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

Decor lovely all around.

Lots of nice seating areas, especially around piazza - but room for dancing in the center.

Amalfi and Capri dining rooms are open; Santorini not available.

We reserved table for 2 at same time each night and have been at same table both nights so far.

Had my favorite triangle hash browns and muesli at breakfast in the buffet (along with made to order omelets).

We received a random gift of room spray, loofahs and nail files (we are Platinum not Elite). And commemorative inaugural pins.

8F50140A-498F-4F10-8162-65820DBCB582.jpeg

F1629153-2FA3-45AA-AE1B-5AA8003EDC58.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

No bar soap;

gel in shower and

liquid pump soap at sink.

Large pump of lotion at sink.

Thanks for this.      

I wonder how they will be cleaning these between trips.  They will get yucky after a while!  I know my pumps at home get yucky! 

With these changes, we'll be bringing more of our own toiletries now!! 

Here are Patters from the first 3 days. A bit wrinkled b/c I’ve been carrying them around with me. I’ve had tech problems- be sure to upgrade to the latest version of the app before boarding! The app drains 10% off my iPhone 7 battery every time I open it 😞 My sister’s Samsung Galaxy is having no problems.

I used the app to order an Americano in the buffet this morning, but neglected to hit “confirm order” on the first attempt. On second attempt it arrived quickly and piping hot.

service continues to be amazing.

2295BCEA-3BD8-40F0-A247-765CB7BF6016.jpeg

F0381C53-539C-42DE-B206-8987557E1141.jpeg

3B5ACC11-452D-4198-A5F4-D7D4F4C713DA.jpeg

A80918D3-2A77-4B01-9B27-8D76AA8DB501.jpeg

B16FBAC5-62B0-453E-AD4F-757857C7FB34.jpeg

FF099F03-4975-4125-BAB2-142CEFFF1FC0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

Here are Patters from the first 3 days. A bit wrinkled b/c I’ve been carrying them around with me. I’ve had tech problems- be sure to upgrade to the latest version of the app before boarding! The app drains 10% off my iPhone 7 battery every time I open it 😞 My sister’s Samsung Galaxy is having no problems.

I used the app to order an Americano in the buffet this morning, but neglected to hit “confirm order” on the first attempt. On second attempt it arrived quickly and piping hot.

service continues to be amazing.

Thanks for posting these! I'll be hopping on the ship just as you all are disembarking next weekend.

Any idea what the total passenger count is on board for your sailing?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Ldyandrea said:

Thanks for posting these! I'll be hopping on the ship just as you all are disembarking next weekend.

Any idea what the total passenger count is on board for your sailing?

Thanks!

Read the very first post....

17 hours ago, MainePrincess said:

On this cruise lounges require "sip and cover" , wearing masks except when you are taking a drink.  Things  will probably  change by the time of your  cruise. 

Do lounges include bars like Wheelhouse and Crooners as well or just places like Explorers and Vista/Fusion lounges ?