LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

On 11/11/2021 at 2:47 PM, 1emerald1 said:

On the Sky Princess there are blue and white striped decorative hot air balloons outside of the Bistro.  Can someone let me know if they are on the Enchanted as well?  I think they are so pretty.

On Enchanted they look more like water droplets maybe? Very pretty whatever they are.

1CD9EED7-C11E-4253-ACF6-6D807B3BADB9.jpeg

F2370914-F1F7-4F60-9414-728372860A6C.jpeg

FE6A537B-3D2E-4FB1-96AA-1804DAE39B28.jpeg

• Like 6

Salty Dog Grill menu. So nice to have actual hand washing stations near all the dining venues, including around the corner from Salty Dog, and on the other side near Slice Pizza. Good for washy off greasy fingers after eating, too!

2E056FE5-093F-46D9-959B-B932B1BDF761.jpeg

DFDA094C-80DD-48C6-9320-C393FAFAAFA8.jpeg

• Like 6

Retreat Pool, and lounging area one deck up on 18. Several of these lounge chairs setups with the planters; looked very inviting. A couple of hot tubs and showers on this level, too. (Sorry for upside down pictures again - argh 😠!)

10E451D8-7538-49C9-B83B-911D2A65DF3C.jpeg

3ED7C509-D570-49DD-A660-4C9DCBFAA680.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mo Jito said:

Retreat Pool, and lounging area one deck up on 18. Several of these lounge chairs setups with the planters; looked very inviting. A couple of hot tubs and showers on this level, too. (Sorry for upside down pictures again - argh 😠!)

I can’t quite tell from your photos, but did the Retreat Pool have steps actually into the pool, or just a ladder? This is kind of important to me. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mo Jito said:

We ate at Gigi’s tonight. It was too windy to sit outside, but we saw a lovely sunset. I tried to capture a picture of the awning over the outside dining area; I’m concerned about sitting out in the hot sun. We will visit for outside lunch one day and I will report back.

With so few on this cruise, very few people in Gigi’s tonight. The pizza was excellent and the service attentive and friendly  but not overbearing.

D79F7154-F09F-402A-B705-75A80ACE74B0.jpeg

08DF79CB-FC0C-427C-8A6C-07E0F41C5864.jpeg

B283F0B3-2E16-4E3C-B631-BCAE8C572E83.jpeg

Thanks for the menu!  Glad to see my fave is still on it!

1 hour ago, macaroni said:

We only have 954 people on this cruise….

Tonight was formal night….excellent dinner. Not everyone was in suits or jackets. 

The suits and jacket days are just about gone on Princess, sad, another tradition going, going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

We ate at Gigi’s tonight. It was too windy to sit outside, but we saw a lovely sunset. I tried to capture a picture of the awning over the outside dining area; I’m concerned about sitting out in the hot sun. We will visit for outside lunch one day and I will report back.

With so few on this cruise, very few people in Gigi’s tonight. The pizza was excellent and the service attentive and friendly  but not overbearing.

An Alfredo's by another name.....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

On Enchanted they look more like water droplets maybe? Very pretty whatever they are.

1CD9EED7-C11E-4253-ACF6-6D807B3BADB9.jpeg

F2370914-F1F7-4F60-9414-728372860A6C.jpeg

FE6A537B-3D2E-4FB1-96AA-1804DAE39B28.jpeg

The balloons might be on the top floor of the atrium near Bistro sur la Mer and Bellini’s. That’s where they are on Sky Princess.

9 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Ah yes, the canned soda. Crazy that you can order a $12 drink with alcohol on a drink package but not a CAN  of soda!

The cost to Princess for a can of soda is significantly more than the cost of soda through a nozzle.

9 hours ago, memoak said:

You can order a fountain soda and it is covered. This is not a change from the last year or so before covid

Understood. We have gotten caught on this as well with the soft drink package. Husband likes no caffeine in the evening and wanted a diet caffeine free drink. They had diet sprite but only in cans and we had to pay for it. I had hoped maybe the beverage package would include this but no....  Sure wish they make one caffeine free diet soft drink available. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

The cost to Princess for a can of soda is significantly more than the cost of soda through a nozzle.

Understood. But maybe  they could add a  single caffeine free diet soft drink to the fountain drinks.....  I actually prefer fountain drinks,  caffeine free when possible

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

7 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

It appears there is only one show each evening in the Princess Theater.  Is that the case?  Thank you.  Tough for those with dinner reservations at 8 pm!

We have been checking what the entertainment is and then moving our dinner reservation to 7 if we really want to see it….

9 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

Hmm...where are the chairs around the pool?

Edited by Buckeye10640

9 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

Thanks for posting the Gigi's menu - confirmed it has exactly the same food offerings as Alfredo's on the other Royal class ships.  Why on earth did they bother rebranding it then?!!! 

Edited by dides

11 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

Can you possibly tell us how deep (or shallow) the Retreat pool is? One thing that surprised us on the Sky was that the Retreat pool was only about 2 feet deep. Just curious. Hope you're having a great time!

2 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Possibly a change due to Covid?  Still, it does seem odd that there are no loungers at all, doesn't it?

14 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Thanks so much for the info. Loving this!!

If someone has time to answer - is the Skywalk on Enchanted a balcony style on either side with the railings and opening like on Royal so you can look down thru the gap over the balconies 

or is it closed with teak deck/ floor all the way out to the rail but the glass windows inset in the teak deck?

Just curious!!

I believe it's the latter.  I do recall there were cabin privacy issues on the ships with that "gap", so it's possible they made an appropriate adjustment in the design for the newer ships.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:17 AM, Raymok said:

Hi..We're on the December 10th sailing also. Curious did you receive a call directly from Princess for your upgrade?  Did you book thru Princess or TA?  Was it complimentary or did they ask for an increase in cabin fare?  TXS

We always book through Princess - we think our assigned rep is great and always follows through - the one category upgrade came in an email. We were surprised. At first, felt hesitant as we had a deluxe balcony mid ship, 9th floor. Now we have a premium deluxe on the aft of the ship. Very large balcony and should be fun. Something different. So excited!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We were regulars at the Retreat Pool on the Sky - our cabin was right across from it.  If I recall, they didn’t put the loungers out if it was windy, the pool was quite shallow, more like a dipping pool.  Cannot recall if there were stairs - though given the depth probably not necessary unless you need a little assist getting in and out.  We spent most of our time in the area up above the pool as there wasn’t much sun around the pool itself.  It’s a nice area but quite a bit different than the other Royal class ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

We were regulars at the Retreat Pool on the Sky - our cabin was right across from it.  If I recall, they didn’t put the loungers out if it was windy, the pool was quite shallow, more like a dipping pool.  Cannot recall if there were stairs - though given the depth probably not necessary unless you need a little assist getting in and out.  We spent most of our time in the area up above the pool as there wasn’t much sun around the pool itself.  It’s a nice area but quite a bit different than the other Royal class ships.

Thanks for the info. I truly hope that the lack of chairs is not a daily occurrance. Guess I will find out next month.  Sometimes we want to be outside but in the shade. I was looking forward to using that area since we are booked on the Sun deck. 

Edited by Buckeye10640