LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

33 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

A general comment. on my Enhanted sailing in a few weeks. The Amalfi Dining room is the only one I can make a private table reservation for.  Capri  has only shared tables and the 3rd dining room does not show as an option. Either can be selected for 'Same time each day'. 

I have read on earlier cruise "Live Froms" that the 3rd dining room was being used for crew.

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I thought all Princess passengers were required to show proof of testing prior to initial embarkation. Does this mean that some countries will not accept Princess's "proof"?

Princess makes you get tested within 2 days of boarding.  If a country has the same sort of requirement then everyone who is getting off the ship would have to get another one.  Plus some countries require a PCR test to enter which is different from the rapid test

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Princess makes you get tested within 2 days of boarding.  If a country has the same sort of requirement then everyone who is getting off the ship would have to get another one.  Plus some countries require a PCR test to enter which is different from the rapid test

Refer to my thread #20. Princess did state that you have to get re-test (PCR Test) prior to getting off the ship to walk around on your own. Most Countries state the test has to be completed within 3 days of arrival.  However, I never did ask Princess who pays for the extra testing. I’m assuming you would. I don’t know.  
Can you found out for us?  If there is a cost, how much?

5 minutes ago, kapear said:

Thank you for doing a Live thread. We are on the December 20th sailing. We were originally scheduled for the inaugural sailing in 2020. I too am interested in the shore excursion requirements. 

Shore Excursions are busy as usual however, you must stay within your group (bubble).  You do not need to be tested upon entering that Country where the Excursion is being operated.  If you leave the ship on your own (walk around downtown, etc.) you will need to be tested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Shore Excursions are busy as usual however, you must stay within your group (bubble).  You do not need to be tested upon entering that Country where the Excursion is being operated.  If you leave the ship on your own (walk around downtown, etc.) you will need to be tested.

Are you currently on the Enchanted Princess?  Have you been told by a letter or announcement what the exact requirement will be to walk around the Havensight stores on  St Thomas on your own

So excited for you! We are on the ship December 10 and yesterday received a cabin upgrade notice. Our app is not working, I am green and my husband is missing - LOL. If you hear anything about how many people will be on the next couple of sailings, we would be interested. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Are you currently on the Enchanted Princess?  Have you been told by a letter or announcement what the exact requirement will be to walk around the Havensight stores on  St Thomas on your own

I am also on the Enchanted and this was delivered to the stateroom tonight regarding excursions. Looks like we can get off the ship on our own in all ports except for Dominica.

16365979628986729342631660794630.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, kikiw said:

I am also on the Enchanted and this was delivered to the stateroom tonight regarding excursions. Looks like we can get off the ship on our own in all ports except for Dominica.

Thanks kikiw for the live and accurate info. Fortunately we have a ship excursion in Dominica.  Have a great cruise!

45 minutes ago, kikiw said:

I'm wondering if they will let folks off to just wander around the shops at the port without an excursion.  I've seen that some other ports (like St. Kitts) are allowing that.

We are also on the ship….there seems to be only 1 show per night…8:30pm…could be because there are only 1000 of us on the ship.

Boarding was so easy and so fast. Use your medallion, show your covid vaccination card and covid test and there you go….. took maybe 3 minutes…

you basically have to use a mask unless you are outside, eating or actually drinking. Most people are following the rules but of course there are a few who don’t. I did see a crew ask someone to put their mask on.

everyone is so happy to have us on board…crew is so happy and helpful. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I'm wondering if they will let folks off to just wander around the shops at the port without an excursion.  I've seen that some other ports (like St. Kitts) are allowing that.

That's what independent exploration is referring to in the letter.

13 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I was told by Princess you won’t be able to get off the boat and walk around unless you are with a guided tour operator. The Countries you will be visiting all stated that you must be tested prior to entry.

Be interested to see what happens with your cruise. I wonder how many guests are aware of this. 

All the best and enjoy your trip. I will be watching the Port Everglades webcam for your departure. 
In 3 months we will be on this ship..

Princess told you that a Princess excursion (or some tour operator) was required for every port?

5 hours ago, happycruiserco said:

Princess told you that a Princess excursion (or some tour operator) was required for every port?

Yes. You don’t need to be tested for shore excursions. If you walk around town on your own, you need to be tested. 
This is what Princess told me. I’m not on the boat and trusting that this information is wrong. We like to tour on are own. Trusting “Independent Exploration” means - you get off the boat and explore on your own. We just have to wait and see what happens in the next few days. 

10 hours ago, kikiw said:

Thanks so much for posting   the actual Princess letter for this cruise  showing what to expect at each port.  Good to know that Princess is providing  you with the port requirements that will actually be for the cruise you are on.   There have been so many opinions or guesses posted about what might be without the person ever being on a ship.   I was most interested in St Thomas and for now this letter shows explorations are ok and that sure sounds like it covers walking on your own.  We are on the 10th and 20th Dec cruises so fingers crossed these requirements will be good for our cruises.  For sure,  we all know how often and quickly  Covid protocols can change. 

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, paulandjoyce said:

So excited for you! We are on the ship December 10 and yesterday received a cabin upgrade notice. Our app is not working, I am green and my husband is missing - LOL. If you hear anything about how many people will be on the next couple of sailings, we would be interested. Enjoy! 

Hi..We're on the December 10th sailing also. Curious did you receive a call directly from Princess for your upgrade?  Did you book thru Princess or TA?  Was it complimentary or did they ask for an increase in cabin fare?  TXS

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That's what independent exploration is referring to in the letter.

I meant in Dominica.  I was wondering if they would let you wander the port without any excursion since that's what at least one port that I've heard about is allowing.

32 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I meant in Dominica.  I was wondering if they would let you wander the port without any excursion since that's what at least one port that I've heard about is allowing.

From what I've read on other boards they have a small area blocked off that you can shop and maybe the museum, but I'm not sure on that. Other than maybe a block you cannot wander on your own.

coo359a2, we are also on the Dec. 20 and I'm glad to see the letter. From everything I have read on other boards it sounded like Dominica is currently the only port that we may be visiting with such stringent protocols since Grenada was removed as a port.

Thank you, kikiw!

• Like 1