Caribbean Islands Entry docs

jjwoben1

3 hours ago, jjwoben1 said:

Does anyone know what entry docs have to be filled out before entry into islands by cruise ship?  St. Lucia site says they need to be submitted 2 weeks before arrival with testing info entered 5 days before. 

Which islands (are you aware that they are most often independent countries?)?

In any case, if you picked the right cruise line, the information you request will be provided on your invoice or in a separate timely communication sent to you by the line directly or via your TA. That same cruise line will also provide a “visa service” that, for a fee, will handle all visa arrangements when the line itself is not doing it for one or more countries.

Absent that kind of action/assistance on your line (at least try to call them for the info), start contacting the consulates for each island on the itinerary to get the most accurate info.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, jjwoben1 said:

Does anyone know what entry docs have to be filled out before entry into islands by cruise ship?  St. Lucia site says they need to be submitted 2 weeks before arrival with testing info entered 5 days before. 

Have you checked with Oceania to see if they will be testing & sending the results to the Islands as required?

You may still need to send in the application to St Lucia

https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/fully-vaccinated-non-resident/

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Have you checked with Oceania to see if they will be testing & sending the results to the Islands as required?

You may still need to send in the application to St Lucia

OP didn’t identify either a cruise line or all of the islands in question. Hard to provide answers without adequate info. On top of that (as I trust you know), arrival by cruise ship may be governed by a different category of visa (e.g., “in transit”).

9 hours ago, jjwoben1 said:

We're on Riviera…Dec 3 …..Oceania told TA they send docs required 10 days ahead….too late for St. Lucia, St. Kitts, etc

My TA said there should be links when you complete the on line check in at 21 days  (so any minute now 😄). The necessary Covid tests will be handled on board by Oceania.

16 hours ago, tgg said:

The web site linked in post #3 has been updated as of today, November 19. Sounds like things have gotten easier.

Here is what I have for my Dec 3rd cruise.  We will be in St Lucia 4 days after we leave Miami.

ST. LUCIA

Testing Required: Yes. All guests will need to present a negative Antigen or PCR covid-19 test result that is not more than five (5) days old at the time of arrival. Guests may utilize their Antigen test result from their embarkation test in Miami.

Entry Restrictions: All guests with antigen test results may proceed ashore only on ship-sponsored shore excursions. Guests wishing to tour independently will be required to submit a negative PCR covid-19 test result. If you wish to tour independently, please contact the Executive Concierge or Reception no later than December 4th so that we may arrange for your PCR test.

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Here is what I have for my Dec 3rd cruise.  We will be in St Lucia 4 days after we leave Miami.

ST. LUCIA

Testing Required: Yes. All guests will need to present a negative Antigen or PCR covid-19 test result that is not more than five (5) days old at the time of arrival. Guests may utilize their Antigen test result from their embarkation test in Miami.

Entry Restrictions: All guests with antigen test results may proceed ashore only on ship-sponsored shore excursions. Guests wishing to tour independently will be required to submit a negative PCR covid-19 test result. If you wish to tour independently, please contact the Executive Concierge or Reception no later than December 4th so that we may arrange for your PCR test.

I just went over the info about St. Lucia with O yesterday..this was the info but who knows in December or January

O takes care of it all if you are taking an O tour..If you are on a private tour you have to have a PCR test a few days before you arrive in St. Lucia you can take it on board..dont know if there is a charge..I am taking an O tour because of the PCR test..

Jancruz1

15 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I just went over the info about St. Lucia with O yesterday..this was the info but who knows in December or January

O takes care of it all if you are taking an O tour..If you are on a private tour you have to have a PCR test a few days before you arrive in St. Lucia you can take it on board..dont know if there is a charge..I am taking an O tour because of the PCR test..

Jancruz1

You're right- they don't mention whether they will charge you but under Required Testing During your Voyage they say Any testing that may be required by authorities to enter a port of call will be carried out aboard the vessel and will be complimentary.

As you said- we shall see.

For our December 3 cruise it  looks like some minor paperwork for St. Barts, but the Bahamas look like a hassle with setting up an account online, paying a fee, and then downloading a negative test from the ship.  I plan to investigate this tomorrow.

12 hours ago, msn123 said:

For our December 3 cruise it  looks like some minor paperwork for St. Barts, but the Bahamas look like a hassle with setting up an account online, paying a fee, and then downloading a negative test from the ship.  I plan to investigate this tomorrow.

I plan on making this a sea day. There is no way that I’m paying to go to their private island.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I plan on making this a sea day. There is no way that I’m paying to go to their private island.

But we don't have to pay, do we? Except drinks if no bev. pkg? Or stuff like a zipline or kayak trip. And any spa treatments--which as far as I can tell, will also net us access to the top-tier restaurant and bar. If I'll pay for a massage on the ship, I'll just as well pay for that massage on the island. A pretty beach, a chair, a cool beverage... So what's not to love?

Edited by sofietucker

Just now, sofietucker said:

But we don't have to pay, do we? Except drinks if no bev. pkg? Or stuff like a zipline or kayak trip. And any spa treatments--which as far as I can tell, will also net us access to the top-tier restaurant and bar--what's not to love?

After filling out the forms it says you have to pay for the visa.  i am not sure, you can’t do it until five days before arrival at Great Stirrup Cay.

It looks like we have to pay for a visa.

Not sure.

I am staying on the ship.

terri

2 hours ago, sofietucker said:

I'm pretty sure that Oceania will not make us pay $40-50 each, for a visa to enter THEIR own island. I'll check it out tomorrow--but if we do have to pay, then yep, I'll be staying on board too! (And writing an arch letter to O.)

Where did you come up with that figure?

Terri

On 11/20/2021 at 4:53 PM, msn123 said:

17 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

3 hours ago, sofietucker said:

But we don't have to pay, do we? Except drinks if no bev. pkg? Or stuff like a zipline or kayak trip. And any spa treatments--which as far as I can tell, will also net us access to the top-tier restaurant and bar. If I'll pay for a massage on the ship, I'll just as well pay for that massage on the island. A pretty beach, a chair, a cool beverage... So what's not to love?

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

After filling out the forms it says you have to pay for the visa.  i am not sure, you can’t do it until five days before arrival at Great Stirrup Cay.

It looks like we have to pay for a visa.

Not sure.

I am staying on the ship.

terri

2 hours ago, sofietucker said:

I'm pretty sure that Oceania will not make us pay $40-50 each, for a visa to enter THEIR own island. I'll check it out tomorrow--but if we do have to pay, then yep, I'll be staying on board too! (And writing an arch letter to O.)

First, although the private island is owned by NCLH, it is still part of the Bahamas, so the laws and regulations of that country apply, just as the laws and regulations of the USA (or other country where you may reside), your state, county and municipality apply to your home even though you own your home.

Second, in most countries it's irrelevant whether you stay on the ship or disembark. You still have to comply with that country's laws and regulations because you are in the country as soon as your ship enters its territorial waters, regardless of whether you disembark. To give you an example relevant to COVID regulations, passengers who cruised from the US to Bermuda on NCL and Crystal this summer and autumn had to obtain a Bermuda Travel Authorization that required both predeparture and arrival PCR  testing, provide proof of vaccination and pay a nonrefundable application fee of (IIRC) $75 regardless... even if they didn't set foot off the ship.

However, something in the back of my mind from reading other cruise line protocols tells me that the Bahamas health visa is not required of passengers on a cruise that did not originate in the Bahamas and is only making a single day port call there. but I don't claim to be the final authority on this and Oceania really should be answering the question, particularly since protocols can  change frequently.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

Found this Updated Protocols for the Bahamas on the internet this morning.   I wish Oceania would clarify if, for travel only to the NCL private island, we are okay with just their testing requirements and that has been approved by the Bahamian government.

• All travelers entering The Bahamas on cruises that originate in the U.S. will be subjected to the testing requirements mandated by the cruise line and approved by the Government of The Bahamas.

2 hours ago, msn123 said:

Found this Updated Protocols for the Bahamas on the internet this morning.   I wish Oceania would clarify if, for travel only to the NCL private island, we are okay with just their testing requirements and that has been approved by the Bahamian government.

• All travelers entering The Bahamas on cruises that originate in the U.S. will be subjected to the testing requirements mandated by the cruise line and approved by the Government of The Bahamas.

What is the source for this information.  Please give the link.

Terri

i just called Oceania to inquire about the Health Visa and the payment.

The person who answered the phone had no idea what I was asking about.

Why am I not surprised!

I asked why Oceania decided to stop at GSC when they knew we would be subject to this payment?

I also asked if we would have to complete the form and pay for the Visa if we chose not to disembark.

He did not know any of the answers and put me on a long hold.  When he returned he still had no information.  He promised to look into it and send me an email.

I will not hold my breath waiting.

Terri

• Like 2