When will The Quest return on all their ships?

DJLDRUMS

22 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Call it whatever you want....I couldn't care less. (oh ya...people buy drinks at the pool).

and you think there is no drinking involved at the quest 🍺

I love the quest, been on on the floor at the end for my "Team",  it was fun for me, not embarrassing at all.  Can't wait for it's return

Edited by chaswelf
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chaswelf said:

and you think there is no drinking involved at the quest 🍺

I love the quest, been on on the floor at the end for my "Team",  it was fun for me, not embarrassing at all.  Can't wait for it's return

It was more fun when people didn't know what they were looking for. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No worse than the Love & Marriage Show, where some couples have done it on multiple cruises and the questions rarely vary.

It would be more fun if they had a much longer list of questions and randomly asked  some of them, but the reality is they ask the questions they do for "entertainment".  First time cruisers buy into all of it.  It's kind of like the top 10 questions cruisers ask, you know the "does the crew sleep on the ship or go home every night"?  Those are made up and after you've heard them a couple of times, you're done.

On 11/18/2021 at 3:57 PM, Heymarco said:

Hopefully never 🙏  .

Time for something new again rather than playing the same game with a bunch of people with pockets pull of things because they know the questions coming.

Have not seen it on recent Compasses.

AGREE I think it is a stupid game and folks smashing into each other. Some have gotten close to getting injured.  Besides some folks get out of control and stupid. Yes I have watched it, but honestly I do not really care for it as it can be a drunken mess.  All about the shock value.

For me I like the trivia so I can learn something.   

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

AGREE I think it is a stupid game and folks smashing into each other. Some have gotten close to getting injured.  Besides some folks get out of control and stupid. Yes I have watched it, but honestly I do not really care for it as it can be a drunken mess.  All about the shock value.

For me I like the trivia so I can learn something.   

The first few times we went (~2009-2012) it was really entertaining and funny, but it has changed a lot the last few years and we don't find some of it very funny or entertaining anymore.  We're not offended, but it's just not funny.  It actually reminds me a frat party, you know the kind you go to when you're 20 and stupid.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BND said:

The first few times we went (~2009-2012) it was really entertaining and funny, but it has changed a lot the last few years and we don't find some of it very funny or entertaining anymore.  We're not offended, but it's just not funny.  It actually reminds me a frat party, you know the kind you go to when you're 20 and stupid.

exactly great way to describe it.   

On the Anthem last week we had a really wonderful Disney Trivia and was quite challenging and we all ended up learning more about Disney songs and characters.

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:06 PM, John&LaLa said:

It was more fun when people didn't know what they were looking for. 

They just need to have a LONG list of possible things, with the CD picking from that list.

Make the list long enough that people could not pack that much stuff in their luggage.

The problem is, like many things on board, they do EXACTLY the same thing over and over.   You can do the same thing, but with variety.

Like trivia.  Heck, they do it on a laptop, have 10,000 trivia questions and the computer randomly does 10 or 20 questions from the bank or questions.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

They just need to have a LONG list of possible things, with the CD picking from that list.

Make the list long enough that people could not pack that much stuff in their luggage.

The problem is, like many things on board, they do EXACTLY the same thing over and over.   You can do the same thing, but with variety.

Like trivia.  Heck, they do it on a laptop, have 10,000 trivia questions and the computer randomly does 10 or 20 questions from the bank or questions.

Pretty sure Classic Rock Name That Tune never changes😉

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Never does.  One cruise we were on a B2B cruiser answered after the first note,every song😳

There was an almost impossible one last week. American Idol. 15 songs from the TV versions. We got 3, most teams got under 5. Winner had 10, I think.

Did see a new game though. Called Syndicate.  Came from Cunard I heard. Trivia with a white board. But you lose points for wrong answer. It was fun

• 9 months later...

Royal Caribbean International brings back guests favourite activities onboard #SpectrumOfTheSeas!

Guests on the last cruise onboard Spectrum of the Seas had the chance to participate in the Royal Caribbean ’Adults Only’ game show, #TheQuest, held in Two70!

May be an image of 7 people, people standing and indoor

^ from SCS on FB.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, BND said:

Quest was always advertised as a scavenger hunt but devolved into something else.  It didn't help that people used to bring bags of items that were the usual requests and then it turned into a "show".  They just need to come up with new games.  RCI needs to revamp a few things.  Trivia for example, has turned into a frequent cruisers game as they ask the same questions and repeat cruisers win because they know the answers.  New cruisers don't stand a chance in trivia. The things people will do to win a key chain.   Carnival has some games that can't be won by being a repeat cruiser such as Deal or No Deal.  Totally random. 

Agreed.

How hard would it be to have 2000 or 3000 trivia questions in the laptop and randomly select which ones are asked?

Same for The Quest.  Have 100 tasks.  Each cruise, they pick X for that game.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2021 at 4:05 PM, BND said:

No time soon.  It requires too much close contact.  A lot of it face to face.  It may have run it's course.  It's gotten raunchier since we first started going and I know a lot of people who have quit going to it.  It seems to have turned into one-upmanship more than just a fun game.

I never found it funny -- too raunchy.  

We just sailed Explorer, and we saw no attempts at avoiding face-to-face interactions.  Bars, dance floors and restaurants were pleasantly full.  Staff members were wearing masks, but  most of them wore them under their noses.  

On 11/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, BND said:

Trivia for example, has turned into a frequent cruisers game as they ask the same questions and repeat cruisers win because they know the answers.  New cruisers don't stand a chance in trivia. 

I did well in Trivia on our recent cruise -- even though I found a mistake in their Game of Thrones Trivia.  

On 11/19/2021 at 3:21 PM, brad_p said:

Should the pools be closed since they're non-revenue gathering?

I think the pools are definitely making money for the cruise line:  They're a major source of entertainment /a major reason people book cruises.  And the drink sales -- wow, the drink sales.  

On 11/19/2021 at 4:14 PM, Jenna said:

Not to hijack, but anyone know about Love and Marriage coming back? 

Love & Marriage was on Explorer two weeks ago.