When will The Quest return on all their ships?

DJLDRUMS

No time soon.  It requires too much close contact.  A lot of it face to face.  It may have run it's course.  It's gotten raunchier since we first started going and I know a lot of people who have quit going to it.  It seems to have turned into one-upmanship more than just a fun game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Hopefully never 🙏  .

Time for something new again rather than playing the same game with a bunch of people with pockets pull of things because they know the questions coming.

Have not seen it on recent Compasses.

I agree. R.I.P. It had a good run, but it needs to be replaced.

• Like 1

It would be great if instead of going raunchy they could/would go to something a little more clever and require a little more thinking skills. Kind of like if you have ever gone to an Escape room their clues make you think and build on one clue to the next. Something along those lines but in a quest format would be fun. And of course throw in some funny clever things too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cynt said:

It would be great if instead of going raunchy they could/would go to something a little more clever and require a little more thinking skills. Kind of like if you have ever gone to an Escape room their clues make you think and build on one clue to the next. Something along those lines but in a quest format would be fun. And of course throw in some funny clever things too. 

Quest was always advertised as a scavenger hunt but devolved into something else.  It didn't help that people used to bring bags of items that were the usual requests and then it turned into a "show".  They just need to come up with new games.  RCI needs to revamp a few things.  Trivia for example, has turned into a frequent cruisers game as they ask the same questions and repeat cruisers win because they know the answers.  New cruisers don't stand a chance in trivia. The things people will do to win a key chain.   Carnival has some games that can't be won by being a repeat cruiser such as Deal or No Deal.  Totally random. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We watched once. I couldn't believe all the people that came fully prepared to embarrass themselves.

What some will do for 5 minutes of fame....and a cheap medal.  🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

It's not a money making event for the cruise lines, so not on their radar.

Bit of a silly response. Since when was guest satisfaction not money making?

Should the pools be closed since they're non-revenue gathering?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, brad_p said:

Bit of a silly response. Since when was guest satisfaction not money making?

Should the pools be closed since they're non-revenue gathering?

Call it whatever you want....I couldn't care less. (oh ya...people buy drinks at the pool).

Edited by bucfan2

16 hours ago, trey420 said:

Honestly I'd enjoy more adult oriented games or entertainment.  Not everything so vanilla and bland.  Everything dosen't need to be family friendly.  

Yep... keys in a bowl in the Viking Lounge after dark....be great fun

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Harmony did a Quest at the pool today.

Called it The Hunt

I doubt it included some of the things that we've seen in the last few years.  Dirty Dancing isn't exactly social distancing lol.

Not to hijack, but anyone know about Love and Marriage coming back? Seems like that's a lot less face to face contact compared to Quest. I'm on a B2B Symphony in December and I'll be so sad if it isn't back as it is our honeymoon cruise!

Just now, Jenna said:

Not to hijack, but anyone know about Love and Marriage coming back? Seems like that's a lot less face to face contact compared to Quest. I'm on a B2B Symphony in December and I'll be so sad if it isn't back as it is our honeymoon cruise!

It was back on Allure. The couples didn't leave stage. Noise cancelling headphones were used

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brad_p said:

Also buy drinks at The Quest too 🤔

That's a valid point.  It was just my opinion, and silly silly me.  Let us know when they start the quest again in NZ...maybe it'll be sooner than here.

Edited by bucfan2

We love watching the Quest. We were on a cruise in August and on a simulation cruise this month. My guess is that the Quest will not return in our lifetime. Fun while it lasted but the ships are really set up differnent now and I don't see that changing for some time. While we missed the Quest, th  cruises were still great and if it doesn't come back we can live whithout it.