Problem on the breakaway in NO

seaman11

12 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Im wondering if NO was relaxed a bit on the requirements or not.  Im also hoping its handled well and doesnt end up bigger. 

Something else to consider as others may have said is there are many other factors involved. When were some of the infected considered "fully vaccinated"? If it has been more than 6 months, could their protection have lessened? The ship and passengers are vaccinated however an infection could of happened either the day before embarkation or maybe even at one of the Ports. It is also possible that some may be considered "fully vaccinated" however if they are immunocompromised, the vaccination process offers little to no protection. 

Edited by abugarcia1
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

do you think NCL will start to require masks when indoors to prevent this from happening again?

Frankly any answer would be pure speculation.  If NCL is going to change their policy, they will announce it.

• Like 3

What is NCL's policy for those that test positive on board?

Celebrity has the following provision -- wonder if NCL has something similar?

Safe Passage Home

We’re with you every step of the way no matter where in the world you travel with us. If you test positive for COVID-19 onboard during your cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of your onboard COVID-19 medical treatment, land-based isolation, and private air transfer home for you and your traveling party, if required*.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

It absolutely makes sense. If you don't think it does that is certainly your choice to believe that.  Happy cruising! 

It only makes sense to those that don’t understand how infectious disease and incubation periods actually work.  For those of us that do understand, we know that it takes some time between exposure and sufficient viral load to replicate before the test will show a positive result.  For many, that is at least two days for Covid, and often longer.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Waiting at hotel now before heading to pier.

We were originally scheduled for testing at 11:30 so pushing it back to 1:30 via text instructions.

To those already tested, do things appear on schedule albeit the two hour delay or should we hold off?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShowMeCruise said:

Waiting at hotel now before heading to pier.

We were originally scheduled for testing at 11:30 so pushing it back to 1:30 via text instructions.

To those already tested, do things appear on schedule albeit the two hour delay or should we hold off?

I'd say just come on down. No one checked times at any step we did. Boarding hasn't started yet but hopefully soon. Seemed like if your testing time has already passed no issues getting through the lines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, abugarcia1 said:

Something else to consider as others may have said is there are many other factors involved. When were some of the infected considered "fully vaccinated"? If it has been more than 6 months, could their protection have lessened? The ship and passengers are vaccinated however an infection could of happened either the day before embarkation or maybe even at one of the Ports. It is also possible that some may be considered "fully vaccinated" however if they are immunocompromised, the vaccination process offers little to no protection. 

this is why i think bermudas 90plus hour test is a waste of time and money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CptBoatface said:

And what? We had about 10 on the Getaway rome to rome this fall. Nobody hospitalized or dead from the cooties.  This won't be going away  nor car accidents or heart disease 

But we were told it would go away fast, then by easter 2020, then  after the nov 2020.....

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bluewake said:

Although most covid vaccines have a relatively high efficacy, they have never been touted as providing 100% protection.  According to several studies - and as observed in real life - a vaccinated person has a chance (some studies estimate it to be about 14%) of contracting covid. 

With the protection the vax gives waning at 6 months, I wonder when these had their second jab? As cases start to creep higher and higher as many go past the 6+ month mark, I hope boosters being required to cruise is on the horizon. 

Edited by vacationut
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, vacationut said:

With the protection the vax gives waning at 6 months, I wonder when these had their second jab? As cases start to creep higher and higher as many go past the 6+ month mark, I hope boosters being required to cruise is on the horizon. 

I got my booster 2 weeks ago. I want to be covered. I know nothing is 100 percent but why not minimize the chances imo. Hopefully my cruise is too soon to see any new rule changes as far as masks on all the time or something.   

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mame42 said:

Also, I cannot find a Roll Call for this sailing, if one ever existed.  There are a couple of mentions on the 5 December Roll Call.

I think this is their Roll Call (departing 28 Nov 2021), just a bit down from the 05 Dec 2021 sailing.

But it doesn't seem that anyone there has posted recently during the cruise.

GC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Basis of this claim?

We sailed on an international cruise where 100% of the passengers were tested before disembarkation. They had 3 Eurofin nurses along with a few non-medical helpers managing reservations, checking people in and keeping people organized. Not a big deal. 

It can certainly be done I agree, i have seen so many off flights get it in other countries including myself this year.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I think this is their Roll Call (departing 28 Nov 2021), just a bit down from the 05 Dec 2021 sailing.

But it doesn't seem that anyone there has posted recently during the cruise.

GC

Hmmm... the link didn't show up.

I'll try again:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2752900-ncl-breakaway-november-28-2021/page/4/

GC

• Like 1

We've been sitting here for two hours, still no updates on when they're going to let us on.

It's getting super packed in here and quite warm with all the people huddled in. The Haven waiting area isn't very nice

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Juncti said:

We've been sitting here for two hours, still no updates on when they're going to let us on.

It's getting super packed in here and quite warm with all the people huddled in. The Haven waiting area isn't very nice

wow its already late, hopefully they allow you guys to board today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacationut said:

Good points. The figure of approximately 14% of vaccinated persons who are likely to contract covid was based on studies in Israel and the U.S. that, to my knowledge, didn't control on the independent variable of time-from-vaccination.  As you noted, the possibility goes up over time as efficacy wanes. Being vaccinated isn't the "all or nothing" status that some make it out to be.  It's more a continuum that varies by personal physiological/medical factors, time-from-vaccination, type of vaccine, and even lifestyle.  In fact, I read an article by one healthcare expert who suggested that some vaccinated persons appear to increase their chances of contracting covid after getting the jab because they feel invincible and engage in more risky behaviors than non-vaccinated persons.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Juncti said:

I am sorry to hear that.  I hope you guys can board soon, it must be stressful waiting around not knowing.  I hope everyone there is taking this in stride given how fluid the situation is.

• Like 2