Seven Seas Mariner YELLOW as of 21 Dec 21

mrlevin

56 minutes ago, RSJM said:

Dear Tom (Giustot), What penalty fees did Regent assess to cancel your January 2022 cruise?

Don't want to get the thread off topic, but to answer your question, the cruise was rescheduled not canceled. There are some penalties which are still being worked out. 

If I had the choice, I would definitely choose to be on the ship than at home.  Hopefully, by September, my insurance will be valid, the cruise lines will still be sailing, and our booked cruise will go ahead.  We will wear masks, spend most of our time in the suite, and do whatever we need to do so that we can be onboard a ship again.  Land vacations just don't work as well for me.

Thanks so much to all of you for keeping those of us at home updated on your cruise(s).  Stay as safe as you can, and enjoy the fabulous Regent crew and ship (even though it is not a typical Regent experience).  

• Like 6

I’m booked on a Splendor cruise in February which unfortunately it’s already paid for. If Regent gave me the option of taking a FCC in lieu of it, I would in a nanosecond. There is nothing relaxing about 100% masking and Covid tests every couple of days as conditions of passage 

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

I’m booked on a Splendor cruise in February which unfortunately it’s already paid for. If Regent gave me the option of taking a FCC in lieu of it, I would in a nanosecond. There is nothing relaxing about 100% masking and Covid tests every couple of days as conditions of passage 

I just disembarked Silversea Spirit.  Masking in indoor areas, (other than when seated with food or drink), some social distancing in the show lounge etc. and testing at the beginning and end of the cruise.  It seems like a real hassle, but in reality it isn't!  Just getting on a ship, listening to the sea, and great conversation was a nice distraction from life on land.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruiseluv said:

We are in the same boat, so to speak. I definitely wish we had an option for FCC in lieu of sailing in early February. 

Masks ARE a hassle for some...especially those of us who are fully vaxxed AND boosted and have paid fat cash for a luxury cruise. Also a hassle...worrying about testing positive and being forced to move from a PH suite into some dark cabin in steerage. 

This will definitely not be the relaxing experience we are so fond of on Regent ships. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poolechick said:

We are in the same boat, so to speak. I definitely wish we had an option for FCC in lieu of sailing in early February. 

Masks ARE a hassle for some...especially those of us who are fully vaxxed AND boosted and have paid fat cash for a luxury cruise. Also a hassle...worrying about testing positive and being forced to move from a PH suite into some dark cabin in steerage. 

This will definitely not be the relaxing experience we are so fond of on Regent ships. 

Edited by Gpilon

41 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Apologies…..my response was lost somewhere in Cyber Space. 

We are booked on Splendor in March and are also concerned about having to wear masks and any other COVID protocols which may be in place at that time. For an expensive luxury cruise, we feel there would be some “disco for” which would take away for a luxury cruise experience. If it happened one of us tested positive onboard and could shifted to a quarantine suite, we not not be too pleased after having booked this cruise in a Grand Suite. As well, I have a severe hearing impairment and basically read lips……difficult to do when others are masked up. We are hoping we can get either a credit of FCC from Regent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gpilon said:

Apologies…..my response was lost somewhere in Cyber Space. 

We are booked on Splendor in March and are also concerned about having to wear masks and any other COVID protocols which may be in place at that time. For an expensive luxury cruise, we feel there would be some “disco for” which would take away for a luxury cruise experience. If it happened one of us tested positive onboard and could shifted to a quarantine suite, we not not be too pleased after having booked this cruise in a Grand Suite. As well, I have a severe hearing impairment and basically read lips……difficult to do when others are masked up. We are hoping we can get either a credit of FCC from Regent. 

Should have read “discomfort”.

• Like 1

To all those who wish to take a future cruise credit:

I just had a long talk with Regent and found out that I have Regent Reassurance on our early Feb. cruise. They have reinstituted this for all Jan and Feb cruises. It allows me to book or move my fully paid monies to a future cruise up until 15 days before my sailing. They will not cover my air cost unless I had booked it with Regent. It certainly merits a call to Regent for further details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Avidtravler said:

I just had a long talk with Regent and found out that I have Regent Reassurance on our early Feb. cruise. They have reinstituted this for all Jan and Feb cruises. It allows me to book or move my fully paid monies to a future cruise up until 15 days before my sailing. They will not cover my air cost unless I had booked it with Regent. It certainly merits a call to Regent for further details.

Avidtravler , thank you so much for that, best news I’ve gotten today . I’ll check with my TA and see if my cruise is covered by this policy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Avidtravler said:

Just contacted our TA. I believe you and I are supposed to be on the same voyage on the Splendor Feb. 3? 

Thank you so much for posting this!

48 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Writing from the splendor, unless all you care about is the sun, the pool, eating, and drinking I would take advantage of the offer to move cruises. 

marc

We just did. Same itinerary,  same ship...sailing Feb 8 2023. 

We are sad but relieved. It could be another long winter in the midwest.

Kudos to Regent for stepping up here. That's why we love them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Writing from the splendor, unless all you care about is the sun, the pool, eating, and drinking I would take advantage of the offer to move cruises. 

marc

We are booked on the January 24, 2022 Splendor cruise, which has virtually the same itinerary as the first part of your current Splendor cruise. I’ve been following along closely because we have an excursion booked in every port, including a very ambitious trip from Santa Tomàs de Castillo to Tikal on a small plane (what were we thinking?) We chose this trip because of the itinerary. I’m really leaning now toward cancelling. I guess I’m just not so much into “the sun, the pool, eating, and drinking”!

Well, we’re too close to our Jan. 6th cruise to cancel…while we're not joyously looking forward to it we’re going. We’ll mask up, take care, etc. and hope Regent gets shows and lectures back on track. The ports are ok but we’re mostly going to get some warm weather and, in fact, enjoy the sun, food and beverages. So, this might work out! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, flossie009 said:

As reported from other ships the protocols on large gatherings have been tightened on Mariner.

Andy Heath announced some clarifications this morning:

• The new restrictions have been mandated by NCLH fleet wide - with similar rules being applied on all NCL, Oceania & Regent ships
  • No drinks service in the theatre is to ensure that guests remain masked when in the venue
  • New Years Eve celebrations (Formal Optional) will be spread across 3 venues on board Mariner to avoid a single ‘large gathering’

• Like 2

We are on the January 6 cruise.  Still planning on going.  We have PCR tests scheduled for January 3.  We fly on January 5 and take our cruise on January 6.  I hope everything goes OK, but I have to admit that what we were once looking forward to with unmitigated joy (Our first cruise on Regent!) has now been greatly dampened by recent events involving Covid/Omicron.  I don't think anyone expected this when we booked this cruise.  Heck, we were still feeling good about it as late as two weeks ago (and were still feeling OK about it last week).  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Avidtravler said:

Hi Poolechick,

Wife an I look forward to saying Hi on our Feb 8,2023 cruise. I think we both made the right move. Hoping all this Covid mess will be a distant memory, and we can get back to the way things were on Regent.

The first round is on us at the pool bar!

Happy new year to you. Stay healthy!

Another challenge for Mariner as it approaches the end of its present cruise. 
Because of having to miss all the ports in Mexico we are scheduled to arrive in San Francisco 2 days early ( Jan 3rd instead of Jan 5th). Destinations have therefore arranged excursions for Jan 3rd & 4th.

The San Francisco authorities have now decided that all guests must be tested before going ashore, just to add further complexity  850AEF16-C796-416F-A887-9F7C081F2AC7.thumb.jpeg.2d02f8726c52abc2ddc1c6c3e79daeac.jpeg

For us we will need a test tomorrow ready to go ashore on Mon, then a further test on Tuesday to enable us to board a flight to the U.K. on Wednesday 

For the hardworking officers & crew on Mariner this is yet another logistical challenge and extra expense for the company

Will it do anything to avoid the spread of covid in California? Somehow, I doubt it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruiseluv said:

Why would anyone want to jump through hoops to go on excursions in filthy San Francisco is beyond me

The communications we've gotten so far is unclear.  Regent needs to provide more clarification  If we decide (which pretty much had anyway) to stay on the ship after docking, and just going immediately to the airport on Wednesday morning, do we we still need to go through any of this testing each day, at all?  We are U.S. citizens returning to Phoenix.  Wouldn't need to do any of this if had just driving from Phoenix to SF for a couple of day and had driven back home (which we definitely would not do!).

And while we're at it...everyone on the Mariner has been vaccinated and in most cases, "boosted", as well.  We have essentially been in "quarantine" from the "rest of the world" for the past 7 days at sea.  Can everyone living in SF make that claim!?

• Like 2

UP TO THE MINUTE CLARIFICATION!!  I just got back from the Mariner Purser's Office.  They will be issuing a verbal clarification announcement around 0900 this morning.

There is ONLY a SF Health Department requirement for people who are leaving the ship on tours, excursions, or independently walking around SF, before the final debarkation morning (Wednesday, Jan 5) to have any Antigen tests.

For people like the 4 of our travel group, who plan on staying onboard the ship until Wednesday morning, there is no requirement, need, or legal authority to have the antigen testing done....That would be contrary to CDC guidance for travelers entering the country by land and sea (no antigen testing required).

If someone first decides to stay on the ship on Monday and Tuesday, but then later decides to go off the ship on their own, they will not be allowed to because they did not get the SF Health Department mandated test (with results reported) today (Sunday) or Monday.

I strongly recommended to the officer on duty this morning that the ship make that further clarification (regarding no need for testing if staying onboard), because the way the "letter" (that was left in everyone's door overnight) was worded, it would have left everyone with the impression that EVERYONE had to get tested, regardless of whether they were staying on the ship or not....which is not the case.  Regard.

• Like 2