A Canadian takes on a S2B2B on Oasis 1/2/22, Odyssey 1/9/22 & 1/15/22 (hopefully)

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Yeah ....now it would be out of pocket at a place that does them for travel.  $$$

But technically that is for people with no symptoms.  You would have to lie and say you are symptom free to get tested.

I'm not sure if there are labs where symptomatic people can go to get tested for a fee

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

But technically that is for people with no symptoms.  You would have to lie and say you are symptom free to get tested.

I'm not sure if there are labs where symptomatic people can go to get tested for a fee

Right. I forgot about that....and not right to show up when you know you have covid.

So basically we're stuck in Ontario as PCR tests can't be done now for most if you suspect you have covid.  😞

• Like 3

On something I filled out I had said I was on a cruise, i just don't remember what it was.  I was not trying to avoid a quarantine by not putting the ports (we were planning on self quarantining anyway so it really would not make a difference) I just did not think I had to if I never actually stepped foot in those places.  I will from now on though!

In NB we can apparently still get PCR tests if it is for travel reasons.  I had been planning on trying to set one up when we got home, but now because I was flagged for a test yesterday at the airport I don't need to.

Fun fact.  I just took another antigen test and it is positive... 😷

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JessyCruises said:

On something I filled out I had said I was on a cruise, i just don't remember what it was.  I was not trying to avoid a quarantine by not putting the ports (we were planning on self quarantining anyway so it really would not make a difference) I just did not think I had to if I never actually stepped foot in those places.  I will from now on though!

In NB we can apparently still get PCR tests if it is for travel reasons.  I had been planning on trying to set one up when we got home, but not because I was flagged for a test yesterday at the airport I don't need to.

Fun fact.  I just took another antigen test and it is positive... 😷

Your kidding me!!  You cant make this stuff up.

• Like 2

Wow - although I have not enjoyed reading about your experience (a poopy way to end a vacay), I am eternally grateful for you sharing this.   What a journey you've been on - and I cannot believe how RED that line is on your antigen (my son's was SO faint my old eyes couldn't see it without the phone flashlight, near a window, on a certain angle... he could see it right away 🤓).   If your PCR comes back negative I will be floored (sure makes travel easier for 180 days if it comes in positive!).  I really hope you have very minor symptoms and a very easy and quick recovery.   

Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us!!!

• Like 2

And as I was typing that post an email came through with my PCR results.  Guess what folks, I won the Covid lottery.  I know I should not make light of it, but at this point I cannot do anything but laugh. 

I do have some cold symptoms but nothing major.

A77727B0-B07D-42C4-B840-42D7682E61E6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

And as I was typing that post an email came through with my PCR results.  Guess what folks, I won the Covid lottery.  I know I should not make light of it, but at this point I cannot do anything but laugh. 

A77727B0-B07D-42C4-B840-42D7682E61E6.jpeg

So sorry!  Hopefully you have minor symptoms!  On a happy note, you are now a warrior princes (vaxxes + antibodies).  My mom is also a warrior princes (minor cold symptoms a few days, then back to normal).

• Like 1

Wow!  The timing worked out well for you.  I’m so glad you didn’t test positive on your pre-flight test!  

Just curious … why did you take an antigen test today?  Did you feel any symptoms?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, D4 said:

Wow!  The timing worked out well for you.  I’m so glad you didn’t test positive on your pre-flight test!  

Just curious … why did you take an antigen test today?  Did you feel any symptoms?

I woke up coughing through the night once or twice so I figured I would just in case.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So after looking at the test results I got (posted above) I am not sure if it is detailed enough for me to use in the future.  I went to the Province of NB and signed up for a travel PCR test just so I would have complete documentation.  They already called me back to book a time and I explained I tested positive and need an official PCR test result for a trip in March.  They have me coming in for a test on Friday which would be 5 days since I tested positive.

She told me that I would be testing positive for months.  When I told her hubby tested positive on 1/13 and negative on 1/21 she said that was very rare.

• Like 4

I can’t believe it!  So glad you are at home instead of still down in Florida on your dime for 10 days. 

I hope you stay relatively healthy during your next quarantine. 

I so want to go cruising the end of March but just can’t chance the 11 day quarantine for work reasons. I figure I had it already but no chance of getting a rapid antigen test here let alone a PCR test at the time.  It would be a good thing if I did have it to be holding a positive test result in my hand right now. 

Just to clarify whether you get off a ship or not at any of the ports you are still 'deemed' to have been in that country as the ship was docked there - so yes you would have to enter all the countries you 'visited' on your customs form, even if you didn't actually touch land!

2 hours ago, Froufie said:

Just to clarify whether you get off a ship or not at any of the ports you are still 'deemed' to have been in that country as the ship was docked there - so yes you would have to enter all the countries you 'visited' on your customs form, even if you didn't actually touch land!

Thank you !

7 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

5 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

So after looking at the test results I got (posted above) I am not sure if it is detailed enough for me to use in the future.  I went to the Province of NB and signed up for a travel PCR test just so I would have complete documentation.  They already called me back to book a time and I explained I tested positive and need an official PCR test result for a trip in March.  They have me coming in for a test on Friday which would be 5 days since I tested positive.

She told me that I would be testing positive for months.  When I told her hubby tested positive on 1/13 and negative on 1/21 she said that was very rare.

Unbelievable!

FYI,  we tested positive on the antigen at Christmas and we went to get private PCRs last week to see if we could snag positive tests just-in-case for our upcoming cruises and we were all negative.    

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cruzn1974 said:

Unbelievable!

FYI,  we tested positive on the antigen at Christmas and we went to get private PCRs last week to see if we could snag positive tests just-in-case for our upcoming cruises and we were all negative.    

Same thing happened to my daughter who was patient 0 in our house.  The rest of us tested positive on both

• Like 1

Thanks from Bedford NS for posting this thread. We miss travel sooooo much and can't wait to get going again. It amazes me to see how stupid our travel regulations have evolved when travelers prefer to have been infected with Covid so that they can travel freely. 

Hopefully you will test positive on Friday and get your 'out of jail' card!

• Like 3