Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

17 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

Thanks, but I truly doubt if Princess will use that much granularity on it.  I'm pretty convinced that it means 1 booster and that's it.  Like, I don't think they'll say.. wait, you're over 60 so you're eligible for the 4th booster.  Or you have high BP and are diabetic and you're eligible for the 4th booster.

We'll roll the dice and go with the one booster.  My primary physician agrees to wait until fall to get another.. if then.

Where do you get your info?  Fourth booster??  This is from the CDC  site  

Recommended
2 Boosters

Learn when you should get your 2nd booster below.

Question re certificate of recovery...

DH and I tested positive (using a non-proctored home test from the gov't) 10 days ago.  We did not go to get tested at a lab and have lab verify it because we didn't know about the certificate of recovery at the time. Our symptoms only lasted 2 days. We are both double vaccinated and double boosted.

The question - we are scheduled to board a cruise on CB July 16, 9 days from now.  If we get a COVID test now (or in the next few days) and still test positive, although we are fully recovered, can we get a letter from our physician now saying we are recovered or did everything have to be done at least 10 days before sailing?  I have read and reread the statement on Princess Q&A regarding this and I am sorry to say, I still don't understand it

4 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

DH and I tested positive (using a non-proctored home test from the gov't) 10 days ago.  We did not go to get tested at a lab and have lab verify it because we didn't know about the certificate of recovery at the time. Our symptoms only lasted 2 days. We are both double vaccinated and double boosted.

The question - we are scheduled to board a cruise on CB July 16, 9 days from now.  If we get a COVID test now (or in the next few days) and still test positive, although we are fully recovered, can we get a letter from our physician now saying we are recovered or did everything have to be done at least 10 days before sailing?  I have read and reread the statement on Princess Q&A regarding this and I am sorry to say, I still don't understand it

As far as boarding the ship goes, none of this actually happened because it's undocumented.  Seems to me you'll have to be formally tested according to cruise line protocols and go with that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

Get tested TODAY! A Letter of Recovery can be issued five days after the verified positive test, so you’re still in time for the cruise, but I sure wouldn’t drag my feet on this.

6 hours ago, crusin'k said:

I have read the policy over and over again. It does say a positive test OR a letter of recovery so you should be fine if you get the letter. 

We had Covid so we are doing this now. Of course, my doctor's letter has my name misspelled. And it's not signed but has the Doctor's office name stamped on it. I hoping the positive test will be enough. 

7 hours ago, MixerDave said:

Where do you get your info?  Fourth booster??  This is from the CDC  site  

Recommended
2 Boosters

Learn when you should get your 2nd booster below.

Sorry oh great one.. I meant 4th shot.  Most people would understand that.  I'm not perfect.  Question still stands..though.  I've gotten some good responses here, so I'm good.   Your post doesn't do much for me as it's a CDC recommendation.  That doesn't clarify what Princess's definition means.  I don't mean to be combative but your response did seem a bit condescending.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, nini said:

Actually, @Snate is correct. There was an example on the Princess website. If you board on a Saturday, you can test on Wednesday. We boarded on a Monday and tested on Friday.

So our cruise departs this Saturday and we did the antigen test yesterday on Wednesday which should be 72 hours.  Today I tried to load the test into the medallion app and it says for US you have to do the antigen test 48 hours which is totally different than their website.  Did I screw up?

5 minutes ago, Snate said:

So our cruise departs this Saturday and we did the antigen test yesterday on Wednesday which should be 72 hours.  Today I tried to load the test into the medallion app and it says for US you have to do the antigen test 48 hours which is totally different than their website.  Did I screw up?

All I know about is what the Princess website told us when we cruised in May. They had an example on their website. It did not go by hours.I do not know what cruise you are on and am therefore unable to check the Princess website, as the instructions differ for the ports.

3 minutes ago, nini said:

All I know about is what the Princess website told us when we cruised in May. They had an example on their website. It did not go by hours.I do not know what cruise you are on and am therefore unable to check the Princess website, as the instructions differ for the ports.

On majestic departing anchorage so a US port.  It says 3 days on the website but 48 hours on the medallion app.

Edited by Snate

11 hours ago, d9704011 said:

As far as boarding the ship goes, none of this actually happened because it's undocumented.  Seems to me you'll have to be formally tested according to cruise line protocols and go with that.

6 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

Call Princess to verify. 

I agree. I doubt your doc will give you a letter if he didn't  witness the test or it didn't come from a lab. 

42 minutes ago, Snate said:

Well if you did, we did too. It says 3 days on the Princess site if you're "up to date", which we are.

Edited by suzyed

6 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Well if you did, we did too. It says 3 days on the Princess site if you're "up to date", which we are.

Princess is the worst.  I did a live chat on their website and at the same time called to speak to customer service.  The person on the chat argued with me that it is 2 days not 3 because we embark in Canada.  I explained we embark in Alaska and disembark in Canada. Once we set foot on Canadian soil we ain’t getting back on the ship.  They said it doesn’t matter and I kept arguing via chat and they finally said just go by the website.  The person I actually spoke with pulled up the website and saw the 3 days and then spoke to their supervisor and they told us 3 days is fine if you are vaxed and boosted/up to date which means Wednesday is fine.  They said the medallion app is acting up and that is why you can’t load the info onto it.  I hope they are correct as I dont want to get in a argument when trying to board the ship over this.  

Hi all sailing in Oct from Brooklyn my to New England is it Two or three days prior to the sailing that we need to test? So by the time we sail I don’t even know if we’re gonna need to have a test, as most major cruise lines carnival nil rccl or dropping that requirement Aug 1 2022. I hope the princess follows

3 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Hi all sailing in Oct from Brooklyn my to New England is it Two or three days prior to the sailing that we need to test? So by the time we sail I don’t even know if we’re gonna need to have a test, as most major cruise lines carnival nil rccl or dropping that requirement Aug 1 2022. I hope the princess follows

What is your source that other cruise lines are dropping the testing requirement on Aug 1? I’m cruising RCCL at the end of August and thinking how I will fulfill the testing requirement.

7 hours ago, highloyo said:

What is your source that other cruise lines are dropping the testing requirement on Aug 1? I’m cruising RCCL at the end of August and thinking how I will fulfill the testing requirement.

There are some cruise lines dropping the requirement on Aug 1 but US and Canada ports are not included. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/norwegian-cruise-line-drop-requirement-covid-19-test-86314116

I am considered up to date according to Princess (fully vaxed and 2 boosters).  Flying in on Wednesday for a Saturday cruise.   It says I can test 3 days before sailing but am planning to test 2 days before.  

I am assuming that even though I qualify for the 3 day antigen testing, the 2 days before will still be acceptable?

4 minutes ago, shopgirl151 said:

I am considered up to date according to Princess (fully vaxed and 2 boosters).  Flying in on Wednesday for a Saturday cruise.   It says I can test 3 days before sailing but am planning to test 2 days before.  

I am assuming that even though I qualify for the 3 day antigen testing, the 2 days before will still be acceptable?

Yes.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:57 PM, suzyed said:

I agree. I doubt your doc will give you a letter if he didn't  witness the test or it didn't come from a lab. 

I second that. I tested positive at a lab. Asked my dr for the letter even though I called and advised them. Nope he didn’t do the test. 

1 hour ago, REEtired said:

I second that. I tested positive at a lab. Asked my dr for the letter even though I called and advised them. Nope he didn’t do the test. 

Both my husband's doc and mine did not care. We called them both when we tested positive. Didn't need to see them. My husband's Dr. did have a tel a visit with him to issue the letter but my dr's office wrote it when I called and asked for it. 

Can someone clarify where this is saying we need a Dr's. note if we test positive and have a lab verified positive?  I don't see that as being needed, but maybe I am missing something.  I read that if we bring the positive test result, within 90 days, and after 10 days of the positive, that will be our proof of recovery.  Subject to their review.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, crzr143 said:

Can someone clarify where this is saying we need a Dr's. note if we test positive and have a lab verified positive?  I don't see that as being needed, but maybe I am missing something.  I read that if we bring the positive test result, within 90 days, and after 10 days of the positive, that will be our proof of recovery.  Subject to their review.  Thank you!

In FAQ for Health Protocols, top of Princess website page.

Exceptions may apply for asymptomatic guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within three months of their embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, are fully recovered with no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19 infection.

Documentation of Recovery consists of the following:

Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago) or

A valid digital COVID-19 certificate (DCC) or a document issued by an official health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection.

Guests who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion.

34 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

In FAQ for Health Protocols, top of Princess website page.

Exceptions may apply for asymptomatic guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within three months of their embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, are fully recovered with no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19 infection.

Documentation of Recovery consists of the following:

Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago) or

A valid digital COVID-19 certificate (DCC) or a document issued by an official health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection.

Guests who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion.

I think the key is that it says OR. The way I read it, all you need is proof that you had a positive test and you are 10 days past it. This does mean you can't just take a home test...you would have to get a proctored test with documentation for it.

• Like 2