Call from Princess?

dockman

Got a tel call from Princess this morning...no caller ID so did not answer...no voice mail.  Looked up number and see it was princess.  Called back and been on hold for over an hour.

I leave jan 22 on Majestic princess....anyone have any idea what they would be calling about?  Hope cruise not cxld?

Would it kill them to leave a voice mail?

I have not gotten a phone call, but I keep getting junk emails.  They want me to sign up for dinner times, for excursions, and for flights -- well, I am Club Class, so I don't think I need to make dining reservations (except for Specialty), and I am driving to the port, and ...  I'd block Princess, but there could be something important some day!

ok after 1 1/2 hours got someone on phone...all about not filling out app...told them i have an i phone 6 which won't load app...they suggested i buy a new phone...i am perfectly happy with current phone and not about to buy new phone just to go on a cruise...after round and round they took all my info over the phone...same info i used to just enter on my laptop but no longer able to do that as it is all about the app...ultimately sorted out though i still have to sign some forms pier side...

sorry princess execs but you really really need to get your act together for those of us that don't want and don't need more gadgets in our lives just to board a ship....you are overloading your staff to fill out info that could very easily be filled out online on a computer like it has been for past 20 years...

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dockman said:

ok after 1 1/2 hours got someone on phone...all about not filling out app...told them i have an i phone 6 which won't load app...they suggested i buy a new phone...i am perfectly happy with current phone and not about to buy new phone just to go on a cruise...after round and round they took all my info over the phone...same info i used to just enter on my laptop but no longer able to do that as it is all about the app...ultimately sorted out though i still have to sign some forms pier side...

sorry princess execs but you really really need to get your act together for those of us that don't want and don't need more gadgets in our lives just to board a ship....you are overloading your staff to fill out info that could very easily be filled out online on a computer like it has been for past 20 years...

And what happened to they were going to make it so all these things could be done on the personalizer?

• Like 9

So much easier on the app. Definitely look into getting a phone that can support this app and many others. Onboard the app is the best and makes cruising so much easier. Princess figures the app resistant crowd will be gone in a couple decades and they are streamlining their business. Work smarter not harder. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And what happened to they were going to make it so all these things could be done on the personalizer?

they said they were "working on it"....maybe they should not roll out new technology until the "work on it" some more...it was stupid that i sat and read the info over the phone to a rep so she could repeat it back to me then  enter it into their system...same info that i have always entered myself...dining preference, passport #, emergency contact, credit card number, etc.....no wonder there is a 90 minute hold if they have staff doing this mindless task dozens of times a day...DUH

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

So much easier on the app. Definitely look into getting a phone that can support this app and many others. Onboard the app is the best and makes cruising so much easier. Princess figures the app resistant crowd will be gone in a couple decades and they are streamlining their business. Work smarter not harder. 

so i should go buy a new i phone to go on  a cruise?  i don't think so...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dockman said:

Even though I have a newer phone - I hated entering the info into the phone. I find it far easier to enter it into the computer.

I don't think they should be telling people they need a new phone. They need to accommodate those who don't want to upgrade their phone or who don't have phones. They need to have a reality check. Not everyone is the same.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

I have a love/hate relationship with the app. It sucked entering the info before the cruise.

I did benefit some from the app on the cruise but it didn't make my cruise that much better by having it. I really didn't like carrying it around but I did like being able to locate friends on the trip. If I didn't have friends on that cruise, I probably wouldn't feel a need to use the app.

BTW - I work in technology and I think the app had crappy programmers.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, dockman said:

That is a cheek asking you to purchase a new phone!!!

It is princess that has the problem and they should fix it. They need to bring back the web based Cruise Peronalizer option plus allow TAs to add the information for those that do not have the ability to do so.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, dockman said:

they said they were "working on it"....maybe they should not roll out new technology until the "work on it" some more...it was stupid that i sat and read the info over the phone to a rep so she could repeat it back to me then  enter it into their system...same info that i have always entered myself...dining preference, passport #, emergency contact, credit card number, etc.....no wonder there is a 90 minute hold if they have staff doing this mindless task dozens of times a day...DUH

The idiot that brought this to princess  was promoted to be in charge of princess.

As a Carnival Corporation shareholder I am disgusted with that.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 8

Even though I have a newer phone - I hated entering the info into the phone. Ifind it far easier to enter it into the computer.

I don't think they should be telling people they need a new phone. They need to accommodate those who don't want to upgrade their phone or who don't have phones. They need to have a reality check. Not everyone is the same.

Coral - so right!  I put that on my recent Enchanted cruise survey - Princess should offer the option - App or Website.  Many other business offer that option. Sure they want you to download their app - but I don’t want to clutter my phone with apps I might only use a few times.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

As far as I know, Princess is the only line to demand using the phone. That's why I cancelled our Princess cruise to Alaska last September, and went with Royal instead. We had a ball, and with the price drop after FP, we had over $1300.00 OBC. No messy phone apps.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brisalta said:

The idiot that brought this to princess  was promoted to be in charge of princess.

As a Carnival Corporation shareholder I am disgusted with that.

Agree 100%, and when I get my proxy statement, I will vote no for all on the Board of Directors.

And I know it will not accomplish anything real, but it will make me feel good.😊

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

You enter your information once, and it's always there.  Any subsequent cruises, no need to add passport and other information again. 

Until you have to replace your passport or have a name change, etc...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

You enter your information once, and it's always there.  Any subsequent cruises, no need to add passport and other information again. 

Already did that well before the medallion app existed. The data is now no longer there.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Not according to the princess gal on the phone today so i had to give it all to her again, wait for her to repeat it all to me and re enter it again....in spite of my having sailed on princess numerous times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone mentioned above, I got the same mystery number phone call.  It was about not finishing the app info entry for my cruise that was leaving in two days.  I very clearly told them that the app had stopped working for me about a month ago, and figured we could finish whatever was needed at the port on embarkation day.

I have decided that if I can get the app to work for medallion ordering, or personal info entry, I'll use it.  If not, I won't fight with it any longer.  It's a waste of time IMO

On the cruise last week, half the time the app wouldn't load the daily schedule.  I pretty much gave up using it for anything other than checking my folio.  The stupid messaging/chat app wouldn't even work.  I ended up using my iPhone to text to family or Whatsapp, not the Medallion app.  It really needs to be fixed, and the website functions returned. 

• Like 3