Health questionnaire

jackson2348

2 minutes ago, jackson2348 said:

Hi, I’m trying to determine the current pre cruise questionnaire wording. We’ve had 1 traveler test positive. Is the time frame for that “within the past 14 days” or “within the past 10 days”? Thanks. 

according to the CDC it is 10 days, that is what we are following in my company

20 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If you can wait until noon, the questionnaire for my sailing tomorrow will open up and I can screenshot it for you.

Thanks.

I was surprised a few minor things in the app. check-in have changed since our cruise just last month. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

There was a semi recent screen shot posted in another thread. 

It mentioned 10 days within you testing positive, but 14 days for exposure. 

Note: Make sure you stick to antigen and avoid a PCR test for your pre-cruise test. You may test positive with PCR for weeks or months even though you are clear and no longer contagious. 

What I have never been able to figure out is what happens if you answer yes to one of those questions. Let’s say headaches. Someone who suffers from migraines on a regular basis may have to answer yes. Does that keep them from Cruising?

or someone with chronic muscle aches and pains?  Does a yes answer keep them from Cruising?

1 hour ago, jackson2348 said:

Hi, I’m trying to determine the current pre cruise questionnaire wording. We’ve had 1 traveler test positive. Is the time frame for that “within the past 14 days” or “within the past 10 days”? Thanks. 

if you have been in contact with this person then you cannot cruise as I understand it

1 hour ago, Islandhop9 said:

There was a semi recent screen shot posted in another thread. 

It mentioned 10 days within you testing positive, but 14 days for exposure. 

Note: Make sure you stick to antigen and avoid a PCR test for your pre-cruise test. You may test positive with PCR for weeks or months even though you are clear and no longer contagious. 

That’s what I’m trying to clarify. I haven’t been in contact, so if it’s 10 days from a positive test, we’re good to go. If it’s 14, we’ll need to cancel. 

Here are the screenshots from the Health Questionnaire I just completed for tomorrow's Equinox sailing.

Screenshot_20220120-122807.png

Screenshot_20220120-122828.png

So it looks like if YOU tested positive outside of 10 days, you are good. If you had contact with someone who was positive within 14 days, not so good.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Here are the screenshots from the Health Questionnaire I just completed for tomorrow's Equinox sailing.

Screenshot_20220120-122807.png

Screenshot_20220120-122828.png

So it looks like if YOU tested positive outside of 10 days, you are good. If you had contact with someone who was positive within 14 days, not so good.

Thank you Jamie! My companion tested positive at t-12, but lives in another state so we have not been in contact. We may hold off a few days before cancelling to see how she’s feeling. Thanks for the update!!!

Two interesting changes between Jamie's and Jim's questionnaires . First of all, thanks to both for posting.

Timeframe went down from 14 - 10 days but they removed the word "significant" before the list of symptoms. 

19 minutes ago, D C said:

Thanks Jamie.

Some of those are downright silly.  "Have you coughed in the past 10 days?"  "Have you had a headache in the past 10 days?"  

Anyone with kids will never be able to answer that last question "NO". 

mac_tlc

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

What I have never been able to figure out is what happens if you answer yes to one of those questions. Let’s say headaches. Someone who suffers from migraines on a regular basis may have to answer yes. Does that keep them from Cruising?

or someone with chronic muscle aches and pains?  Does a yes answer keep them from Cruising?

I have very occasional migraines and aches and pains daily from àrthritus. Unless they were significantly different from every day aches I would answer no. Same for seasonal allergies.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nhrobo said:

How does Celebrity "deem you unfit to travel".   It is kind of hard to believe that anyone has not been in contact with someone positive in these days of omicron...

I am sure they mean knowingly in contact and also they probably define "contact" as within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes without masks on. I believe that is still the CDC definition, despite evidence that Omicron is more transmissible, so the old definition may no longer be very accurate.

I have definitely not been in "contact" with anyone with Omicron by that definition in the past 14 days. The only person I have had that level of contact with is my husband, as we have been self-isolating. Of course, with flying to FL and staying in a hotel tonight, we might get that level of contact with people who aren't wearing their masks properly.

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am sure they mean knowingly in contact and also they probably define "contact" as within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes without masks on. I believe that is still the CDC definition, despite evidence that Omicron is more transmissible, so the old definition may no longer be very accurate.

I have definitely not been in "contact" with anyone with Omicron by that definition in the past 14 days. The only person I have had that level of contact with is my husband, as we have been self-isolating. Of course, with flying to FL and staying in a hotel tonight, we might get that level of contact with people who aren't wearing their masks properly.

Have a great cruise.

3 hours ago, jackson2348 said:

Thanks. I knew the CDC guidance had changed. What I was able to find on Celebrity’s site was from October and had 14 days. So I’m trying to see if we can cruise if we tested positive at 12 days out. 

I would assume it all comes down to how you test 48 hours prior to sailing.  Some people can switch back to negative pretty quickly, others can test positive for weeks. There is no chance of boarding if you still test positive within 48 hours.  I am lead to believe that the 14 day rule was a legal compromise for offering "full refunds" vs just Future Cruise Credit (FCC) which anything within the 14 day period ultimately only offers (at least as I read it).