Odyssey of the Seas Jan. 15, 2022 - Not Live Recap

twangster

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Is that a new policy?  I swear we booked 8 or 10 once.

I booked two, one each at two different times last week.  Didn't know about the 3 limit.  

Maybe the three limit is for 3 separate visits? 

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Tips?   Book a complimentary North Star, iFly & The Book (Two70 show) as soon as you board.  (applies to any Q class ship). 

Can the concierge book these in advance for suite passengers

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Did you happen to notice if there was special seating for suite guests at the shows now?

Other Q class had suite seating on deck 5 but with protocols that is the unvax deck.   So far I’ve not seen any dedicated seating for any group.   Star class still using the reserved seating signs.  

• Thanks 2

Fantastic reviews!  Thanks so much for taking us along, you indeed have quite the talent! 🤗

Bucky and I will be on board this coming Saturday as you depart.  We are also doing a B2B in the 8/6 order.  Very much looking forward to it.  🙂 

And West Deck is on our radar for lunch that day in Aruba....but you have me thinking it would indeed be a good place for sunset as well.  Thanks!  

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not sure.  I’ve only done Juniors on this class.  

We are in JS4 on the hump for both legs.  Could not book any suites above that...they had been sold out for months...though I know John scored an OS.  🙂 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are in JS4 on the hump for both legs.  Could not book any suites above that...they had been sold out for months...though I know John scored an OS.  🙂 

I love the J4's! The two bathrooms with the separate shower in one, and toilet in the other is really nice. I love that shower! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Fantastic reviews!  Thanks so much for taking us along, you indeed have quite the talent! 🤗

Bucky and I will be on board this coming Saturday as you depart.  We are also doing a B2B in the 8/6 order.  Very much looking forward to it.  🙂 

And West Deck is on our radar for lunch that day in Aruba....but you have me thinking it would indeed be a good place for sunset as well.  Thanks!  

I see you’ll be on our 6 day!  Since you are on the cruise right before too, can you let me know if they have diet sprite/Sprite Zero at that point in time?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I love the J4's! The two bathrooms with the separate shower in one, and toilet in the other is really nice. I love that shower! 

Wish they had a toilet in the bathroom with the tiled shower as a second commode, instead of the room that tub takes up...but, it is what it is.  Indeed will be nice having the split bath plan.  🙂 

14 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I see you’ll be on our 6 day!  Since you are on the cruise right before too, can you let me know if they have diet sprite/Sprite Zero at that point in time?

OK...I will try to remember to look.  Neither of us are soda drinkers....except for some Tonic in our Gin and Tonics.  😉 

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...I will try to remember to look.  Neither of us are soda drinkers....except for some Tonic in our Gin and Tonics.  😉 

Thx!  I heard it is currently in the freestyle machines, so my contingency plan is to get vodka with a splash of cranberry, and pour it into my cup with machine Sprite Zero 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you Twangster for your review. Have fun next week as you continue sailing.

Question: Is Kendall Jackson on the Diamond list or can we get it at any of the bars as part of our diamond plus drinks throughout the day?

4 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Thank you Twangster for your review. Have fun next week as you continue sailing.

Question: Is Kendall Jackson on the Diamond list or can we get it at any of the bars as part of our diamond plus drinks throughout the day?

What variety? Cab or Chardonnay for example.  

B2B process was very efficient but we were herded into the Music Hall upon re-boarding as they were testing fire doors on the ship.  

They took our cards from cruise #1 but have assured us the old cards will be sent to our cabins.  

• Like 1

@twangster Again thanks for the fantastic review and AMAZING photos. I keep going back to those Sunset photos.

You mentioned that Quantum Class ships are one of your favorite ships of the RCI fleet, and that you have sailed Odyssey several times now. Is Odyssey now your favorite Quantum Class ship and why if I may ask? Your insights and feed are always appreciated. Thanks again.