Odyssey of the Seas Jan. 15, 2022 - Not Live Recap

twangster

1 minute ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

@twangster Again thanks for the fantastic review and AMAZING photos. I keep going back to those Sunset photos.

You mentioned that Quantum Class ships are one of your favorite ships of the RCI fleet, and that you have sailed Odyssey several times now. Is Odyssey now your favorite Quantum Class ship and why if I may ask? Your insights and feed are always appreciated. Thanks again.

I like all ships. I don’t know that Q class is my favorite but only because I don’t have a favorite.  I like moving between classes and finding the differences in each that are unique to that class.  

I like that Q class is different from other ships but I also like the new ship feel and modern decor that all Q class have.  

I like the cabin layout and on sea days showering with a clear view out the balcony.  

In terms of Odyssey I love the open MDR compared to the closed in MDR on the non-ultra sisters.

I like that deck 5 is a convenient way to avoid the Esplanade when it’s busy.  I wish there was a similar Promenade bypass on O class.  

I like North Star.  In bucket list destinations it’s really nice but even around the Caribbean it’s nice to get up high and see the port area.  

I like the touch less elevator buttons on Odyssey.  Some have issues but they simply work for me.  

The Music Hall is better on Q class than the O class that have one.  

I like the Windjammer on this class.  Unfortunately Odyssey doesn't have outdoor WJ seating like her older sisters.  Not a fan of the Oasis WJ.  

I like Cafe270 breakfast and lunch items, more than Park Cafe on O class.  

Aft views from Two70 on sea days are pretty great.  

I love the shows on Odyssey.  Fantastic entertainment.  Most technologically advanced theaters on this ship, even better than Spectrum.  

I’d get tired sailing the same class over and over.  I like sailing something different.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Preliminary CAS numbers.  

79 Pinnacle

298 Diamond Plus

390 Diamond

120 Emerald

220 Platinum

507 Gold

Based on announcement for the crew prior to general boarding.  Numbers will change as people cancel or test positive and miss the cruise.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

I like all ships. I don’t know that Q class is my favorite but only because I don’t have a favorite.  I like moving between classes and finding the differences in each that are unique to that class.  

I like that Q class is different from other ships but I also like the new ship feel and modern decor that all Q class have.  

Thanks for the feedback and things you pointed out. I’m looking forward to experiencing some of those things for the first time on Quantum Class soon.

Have a great time on your B2B.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

In terms of Odyssey I love the open MDR compared to the closed in MDR on the non-ultra sisters.

I agree. I always thought the dining rooms were a little too closed-in. I saw a pic of the new open MDR and think it looks great. If you get a chance to snap a few more pics, I wouldn't get mad at you. 🙂

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

Unfortunately Odyssey doesn't have outdoor WJ seating like her older sisters.

That's disappointing. What is there now?

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Giovannis Wine Bar menu

C43CEBF2-D96C-4474-922F-7AF55A6AC5BC.jpeg

B9BB1384-7841-427B-82FD-0200A41FB385.jpeg

Looking at the menu I have noticed there are very few choices for $13 glasses of wine, which is the C&A price point limit. I had the same experience on Allure recently. Wonder if this is an anomaly or a trend?

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Always antigen for B2B.   PCR is for international post cruise travel only, or if your antigen is positive they’ll sometimes use PCR to confirm it.  

Thank goodness.  We had Covid at Christmas. Not worried about the antigen but nervous if they used PCR. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks, you for sharing @twangster! We are sailing the Nassau/Aruba/Curacao itinerary on Odyssey on Feb 26. We've never been on a huge ship and are excited about all it has to offer, and with all the sea days, we will have time to explore.

Earlier in this post, there was a tip to "book a complimentary North Star and iFly..." as soon as you board. Are these things complimentary for everyone, or only Diamond/Pinnacle people? We are light years away from that status. 🤣

1 minute ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Thanks, you for sharing @twangster! We are sailing the Nassau/Aruba/Curacao itinerary on Odyssey on Feb 26. We've never been on a huge ship and are excited about all it has to offer, and with all the sea days, we will have time to explore.

Earlier in this post, there was a tip to "book a complimentary North Star and iFly..." as soon as you board. Are these things complimentary for everyone, or only Diamond/Pinnacle people? We are light years away from that status. 🤣

Complimentary for everyone.  Sea days have a charge, port days are free so it books up fast.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Complimentary for everyone.  Sea days have a charge, port days are free so it books up fast.  

Which is the best port day/time, and can you book more than once?

Never done a Quantum ship. So much to fit in

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Which is the best port day/time, and can you book more than once?

Never done a Quantum ship. So much to fit in

One reservation per person per cruise but you can standby anytime and hope for a no show.  In Alaska I did North Star nearly everyday on a standby basis.  Easy for a solo to standby, harder as group size goes up.  

I chose Curaçao because the port area isn’t downtown-ish.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

One reservation per person per cruise but you can standby anytime and hope for a no show.  In Alaska I did North Star nearly everyday on a standby basis.  Easy for a solo to standby, harder as group size goes up.  

I chose Curaçao because the port area isn’t downtown-ish.   

We actually love walking around Curacao.  Quite the eye opener though at the open air market across the big swing walking bridge.  Was a hot day and the "fresh" fish was fileted and displayed in the open off the back of the fishing boats, using palm fronds to keep the swarming flies off.  🤢  Sushi restaurant is not on our list for lunch in town.  😮 

There is a nice restaurant with a great view on the corner near the ship side of the river. Looks like a fort (think it may have been).   Changed hands recently and now called Steak and Ribs...will be checking that out for lunch next week...... but no sushi or ceviche.  🙂  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I agree. I always thought the dining rooms were a little too closed-in. I saw a pic of the new open MDR and think it looks great. If you get a chance to snap a few more pics, I wouldn't get mad at you. 🙂

The main dining room is a big departure from her earlier sisters.  It's now open and very impressive.

oy-2109-89.jpg

oy-2109-91.jpg

oy-2109-92.jpg

oy-2109-93.jpg

oy-2109-94.jpg

oy-2109-95.jpg

oy-2109-96.jpg

oy-2109-97.jpg

oy-2109-90.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1