Promo Coming Up Next Week

leerathje

I was speaking with my TA yesterday, as I'm planning on booking a sailing on the Rotterdam for November 30 - December 11, 2022.

She told me that next week, HAL will have a 72 hour sale offering free crew incentives, and reduced deposit.  She also told me that it will be on "selected cruises" but not sure which ones those are. However, I do know that mine will be!

Just a heads up for anyone planning on booking in the very near future.

L.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

@leerathje Could you be a little more specific on the date?  Next week? I understand you spoke to your TA on Saturday so is 'Next Week' therefore week commencing Monday 7th? Also did TA specifically say 'Free' grats or 'included' grats.  (Don't want price to go up by the same amount as the 'free' grats!).

Reason I ask is that I have a cruise on 'Courtesy Hold' since Thursday night and am due to confirm today! 

10 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

@leerathje Could you be a little more specific on the date?  Next week? I understand you spoke to your TA on Saturday so is 'Next Week' therefore week commencing Monday 7th? Also did TA specifically say 'Free' grats or 'included' grats.  (Don't want price to go up by the same amount as the 'free' grats!).

Reason I ask is that I have a cruise on 'Courtesy Hold' since Thursday night and am due to confirm today! 

So, we want to book an 11 day S.Caribbean in December with HIA. We talked about this booking face to face, and that's when she said there was a sale coming up, and she would check when she got to work. She assured me that our cruise would be part of the sale. She did say it does start this week, but not sure exactly when. 

She then emailed me, and this is what the email said:  "Holland America is having a 72hr sale next week and grats wil be included...."  

L.

• Like 1

Thanks!

I will hold off on confirming for a few days.  There is no current promo in Europe, except for Have It All and as we are not in the position to be able to cancel and rebook we will wait until later.

Just cancelled 4 cruises because they wouldn't budge on the New Bookings Only policy..... Then rebooked them all with my Travel Agent. Got the same cabins and the same pricing, plus the Free Gratuities. 🙂 

Holland America is so silly sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a group sailing, we all have cabins next to each other and don’t want to chance losing a cabin, not worth it for us……still have a long way to go, maybe a better promotion will come along that we can take advantage of.

5 minutes ago, lost4sure said:

Looking to book a 18+ days cruise and the crew appreciation is upto $100 value is included, my question is the incentive only $100 value or is it free gratuity for the duration of the cruise? 

Confuse,

Grace

The length of the cruise. Not sure why they always put the $100 value.... 

4 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Just cancelled 4 cruises because they wouldn't budge on the New Bookings Only policy..... Then rebooked them all with my Travel Agent. Got the same cabins and the same pricing, plus the Free Gratuities. 🙂 

Holland America is so silly sometimes. 

We recently booked a short cruise to tack onto the beginning of the Grand SA&Antarctica later this year.  The 7 day cruise was booked about 4 days ago.  I've heard of the new booking excuse in the past, but the cruise lines generally add it.  If they don't this time, I'll be ticked.  Hate to have to cancel and rebook like you did.  Definitely silly...

My four were so new that HAL hadn't even transferred them to my TA. When I told the HAL agent that I would cancel all four if they didn't give me the free gratuities, she put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Came back with the "sorry, no they won't allow it" a few minutes later.

She was far more upset and frustrated than I was when she had to cancel each cruise one by one. Silly HAL. 

Good luck with yours @StLouisCruisers!

Edited by canadarocks
  • Thanks 1