Mask policy changed effective Feb 14th

• Ken at the beach changed the title to Mask policy changed effective Feb 14th

AWESOME.  Wonder how this applies to the fitness center... I used it once during my last cruise and ran with a mask which was painful - I recall before the "mask-everywhere" there was a carve out for when you were running on a treadmill/etc; in such a case you didn't need to wear a mask.

Technically, "In any pool or activity where they may become wet" - sweating count? 🙂

Just now, skagen said:

AWESOME.  Wonder how this applies to the fitness center... I used it once during my last cruise and ran with a mask which was painful - I recall before the "mask-everywhere" there was a carve out for when you were running on a treadmill/etc; in such a case you didn't need to wear a mask.

Technically, "In any pool or activity where they may become wet" - sweating count? 🙂

On the cruises we were on, there were times for vaxxed in the gym.  The vaxxed times/slots were considered 'vaxxed only area'...and no mask. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, skagen said:

The gym is vaccinated only, so no mask.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

The gym is vaccinated only, so no mask.

Correct me if I'm wrong...they informed me (on at least 2 of the 4 cruises we took) that there were times for unvaxxed.  If I was told incorrectly, I apologize, as I don't want to pass along incorrect information to those that it may affect.

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This is pretty useless. You still have to wear masks. Just back to pre-omicron mask rules.

Agree.  It's 'better...not good, but better', as a wise man once stated in one of the best movies ever.  It's a baby step to cruise lines survival.  I have a lot of hope that the situation is going to improve, and soon.  Thank you ncl for starting the ball rolling.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...they informed me (on at least 2 of the 4 cruises we took) that there were times for unvaxxed.  If I was told incorrectly, I apologize, as I don't want to pass along incorrect information to those that it may affect.

Currently on RC website...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/how-do-new-policies-affect-the-gym

Edited by davekathy

15 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Pretty sure minimum age in the gym is 12 and all 12+ must be vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The fact that RC (and it's not just RC, it's society) still says that walking past someone without a mask is a danger, but sitting with them at dinner/bar/shows for an hour+ without a mask is OK just so bass ackwards.

Well you can't eat or drink through a mask.  But COVID is an aerosol so it does spread through the air and tends to go a bit further than the so-called mucus viruses as it's particles are lighter.  Whether or not it hangs around on surfaces for any length of time is subject to debate.  But yes inside once you are finished eating or drink you should probably replace you  N-95 mask.to your nose and mouth.  However, that doesn't necessarily mean after every bite or sip, like airlines try to enforce.  Masks are best for people with COVID and for people in high risk of infection categories.  Most of the rest of us could go without them.  But how do you or i know that you or I have or don't have COVID and are or are not high risk?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Thanks.  I wasn't being lazy, and had read that policy (back in Sept as well).  Guess it varied (at least in the past) from ship-to-ship possibly....imagine that.

I have worn masks to the gym, but once in have taken them off.  Never had anyone say anything.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

Pretty sure minimum age in the gym is 12 and all 12+ must be vaccinated.

DaveKathy posted above (#17) the link.  It does allow for unvaxxed based on # of persons in fitness center.  (I think I'll stick w/ the 'varies from ship-to-ship' philosophy though lol)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OSUZorba said:

Not at all my experience with the gym in October on Odyssey. No appointments, no groups of 2 and no masks. Every other machine was closed, though.

Now I didn't say the website was accurate. As you know, consistently inconsistent. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2