Booking question

metsgiants

I would not.  It is not (IMHO) likely that the vaccination requirement will be recinded any time soon.  If you book knowing that you cannot meet the requirement, you will not receive a refund for your cruise after next Tuesday.  If you want to book either get vaccinated, take your chances on losing your money, or wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metsgiants said:

My wife and kids want to book a cruise in this coming October. We are not vaccinated for covid . Does anyone book a cruise hoping that the vaccination rules will change by the time the cruise comes ? We want to cruise so bad 🙁

The vaccine requirement will be here all year . If you want to go as bad as you say you know what to do ….. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Right now when you book, Carnival has a statement that vaccinations are required.  Also, they will require boosters if the CDC changes the language to state that fully vaccinated means being boosted.  There is nothing that indicates that vaccination requirements will be removed any time soon.

If I was not vaccinated, I would not tie up a deposit or any money in a cruise.  Maybe you can find an all inclusive that will be fun in the mean time.  I do think someday the cruise lines will remove the vaccination requirements.  I don't think it will be this year.  Just a guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I wouldn't book a cruise yet either, however, I am curious why everyone thinks the vaccine requirement will last all year.  If the cases keep dropping, I see the CDC saying we are endemic.  Wouldn't this eliminate all mandates?

That’s a very good question, but likely won’t be addressed any time soon. Carnival has sent out a statement regarding vaccination status and has said that until the foreseeable future they are running fully vaccinated cruises until the end of 2022. I’m assuming that once a vaccine is approved for 6+ months then there will be no vaccine exemptions.

• Like 1

Cruising for unvaccinated cruisers doesn’t sound like fun the way things are now. Even if the cruise lines start allowing unvaccinated cruisers, the ports are still very strict. Most ports won’t allow unvaccinated cruisers entry unless they do closed loop tours. Carnival calls theirs “bubble tours” where you have zero contact with anyone in port. You can’t shop at their stores or eat in their restaurants or interact with anyone in port. You basically take an isolated tour with Carnival to a snorkeling stop or a beach where no one is around or something similar where there’s no contact with the locals. It doesn’t sound too fun. 

Another thing unvaccinated cruisers are having to do is take multiple covid tests at their expense (and it’s not cheap). And if you test positive you’re immediately isolated.

So if I weren’t vaccinated I wouldn’t cruise, even if it opens up to unvaccinated guests. There’s just too many restrictions in place that would take the joy out of it for me, but that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 3

No one wants all the restrictions to go away more than me, but I too don't see the vaccine requirement going away for a long time.  Masks soon, testing one day eventually and then vaccines way down the line....I hadn't got the poke before I booked, hadn't planned on getting it and only got it to cruise.  Yes the Supreme court ruled that they couldn't enforce the vaccine on large companies, but it'll be a while if ever that they enforce no vaccine requirement in general.

Edited by famof4togo
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

I predict masking may end later in this year but doubt vaccine requirement will end.

Vaccines have enabled cruising to resume. I doubt cruise lines will risk allowing unvaccinated for quite a while to come.

I wouldn't be surprised to see masking gone by the end of the month, if not the end of March. But I do agree that the vaccine requirement is here to stay for the foreseeable future. It's a low-risk way for the cruise lines to get the CDC off their backs to an extent. At some point they'll no longer care, but it's anybody's guess when that may be. My guess is not until some laws change, and that may never happen.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 5:29 AM, metsgiants said:

My wife and kids want to book a cruise in this coming October. We are not vaccinated for covid . Does anyone book a cruise hoping that the vaccination rules will change by the time the cruise comes ? We want to cruise so bad 🙁

I'm on rcl right now and unvaccinated allowed but I dont think I'd like it. A unvaxxed lady 2 nights ago was asking someone to take her card and get her a drink. Bars around the promenade was vaxxed only. ..maybe it will change.

These are all very valid reasons to keep passengers vaccinated.  I also see another reason cruise lines may want their passengers vaccinated.  Historically unvaccinated passengers are apt to get sicker.  Ships are not set up as ICU units and not able to deal with those types of patients.  

• Like 1