Beach/Pool/Resort to visit

leisuretraveler223

Nachi Cocom!  Quiet, relaxing, limited to 130 guests per day.  Great food, good service, nice beach, small pool and hot tub.  All-inclusive for about $55 per person and a taxi from the piers will run about $16 each way (check the board near the cab line for your pier for current fares).  ENJOY!

On 2/16/2022 at 12:53 PM, leisuretraveler223 said:

Haven't done Cozumel in years.  Just the wife and I in for one day in September on Allure.  Looking for a nice beach or resort (even for a fee) to chill out and relax.  What are your Cozumel go-to choices?

There is the ever popular Mr. Sanchos.  What's nice about them is they do all-inclusive with food, drinks, and activities or a la carté where you can just pay as you go with whatever activities, food, or drinks you order.  I went with my kids and I don't drink, so we paid for 1-2 water activities and some food (nachos I think), and got to enjoy the beach.  They still gave us great service and we got to use some amenities still, like the restroom to change.  Depends on what you're looking for.  

6 hours ago, ChrisLeeds said:

It was about $150 each, and yes we took a taxi. Money well spent in our opinion, really enjoyed it.

Do you mean for two or did you include evening pass?

All the broker sites are listing $78 eg https://daypasses.com/iberostar-resort/

i have always found it best to compare  several brokers and the hotel itself directly for day passes.  Sometimes the price, hours amenities vary.

There was a recent review that said it was too European but when I questioned what that meant I didn’t receive an answer. I am guessing you didn’t find it so, or if you did you were happy with it!

I actually did  a week-long diving trip at Iberostar Cozumel just the week before the world ended in March 2020.

It's a fabulous resort, and the beach/pool area is excellent. It is a bit further south than the other resorts, so travel time is longer, but I wouldn't call it "too European" in any sense.  

2 hours ago, ChrisLeeds said:

It may have been for the two of us, not each, my memory is failing me.

We too saw that comment about it being too European and thought it a very strange thing to say, we didn’t think that at all.  I have never been anywhere in Europe that is like it and most of the tourists there were American, a great place and our only regret was we had to leave in the afternoon to get back to the ship.

that was me that said it.  Im glad you had a good time.  It was back in November and I honestly dont remember everything.  I don't feel like explaining my opinion as I really dont want to come across as being anti European as I love traveling around Europe (Spain in particular) and my dad was from Ireland plus FIL was from Italy.  It is great that others have enjoyed it.  It was more anti cruise ship people vibe I got from fellow guests and staff which I really hate. 

We have been to Cozumel many times by cruise ship and also did a land vacation there as well 6 months ago. I do extensive reviews from my trips with tons of pictures. If you're interested you could go to my blog and check out the Cozumel area and all the beaches we have went to. You'll see plenty of pictures to help you decide. travelwithmitsugirly

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:03 PM, jas283a said:

There is the ever popular Mr. Sanchos.  What's nice about them is they do all-inclusive with food, drinks, and activities or a la carté where you can just pay as you go with whatever activities, food, or drinks you order.  I went with my kids and I don't drink, so we paid for 1-2 water activities and some food (nachos I think), and got to enjoy the beach.  They still gave us great service and we got to use some amenities still, like the restroom to change.  Depends on what you're looking for.  

What were the prices like for a la carte? Admission, seats/umbrellas, etc? We are really thinking of going to Sanchos because of reputation but also daughter wants to ride the horses but we don’t really need the all inclusive. Thanks. 

We always enjoy Buccanos for the day.  Almost no beach. But beautiful and decent ‘ sort of ‘ snorkeling.  You walk up to end of property  and drift down towards their beach area.  Good food.  Disclaimer,  we haven’t been in 4 years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jgarriso said:

We always enjoy Buccanos for the day.  Almost no beach. But beautiful and decent ‘ sort of ‘ snorkeling.  You walk up to end of property  and drift down towards their beach area.  Good food.  Disclaimer,  we haven’t been in 4 years.

I agree! We loved it so much when we were doing a land vacation that we went back a second day of our vacation. We had such a good time there!

54 minutes ago, thewynn said:

What were the prices like for a la carte? Admission, seats/umbrellas, etc? We are really thinking of going to Sanchos because of reputation but also daughter wants to ride the horses but we don’t really need the all inclusive. Thanks. 

@C-leg 1 shared the menu. Admission was free or cheap, I can’t remember but there was an implied expectation you order some good/drink. We had chips guacamole and nachos I think. It was delicious.

You also had to order per price activity, but there was no expectation there. Did one for my youngest, we mostly just snorkeled, had a great time. We were put an separate area away from all inclusive, but still had an umbrella we could use/share. Also we’re able to use restrooms and changing area no extra charge. I don’t drink and had my children (wife with MIL), so the all-inclusive didn’t make sense for us. But still had a great time.